Page 1252 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 25275211521202124212501251125212531254126213021352 ... LastLast
Results 31,276 to 31,300 of 40197

The Longest Thread

This is a discussion on The Longest Thread within the Anything Goes forums, part of the Discussion, Roller Coaster Games, and More category; Interesting how More Guns = Less Crime, yet there's been like 3 shootings a day in Los Angeles, and in ...

Re: The Longest Thread

Register Now to Remove this Ad!

Interesting how More Guns = Less Crime, yet there's been like 3 shootings a day in Los Angeles, and in my country, I doubt there's even a homicide a day.

Guns are legal here, but Handguns and easily concealed weaponry is ridiculously hard to get.. I think you should have to pass a good few tests before even being considered for gun ownership, instead of the USA where they used to hand out free handguns when you set up a long term savings bond at a particular bank.

GIMME FUE, GIMME FAI, GIMME DABAJABAZAA!

Not a SSCoasters Moderator

Steam: Minimoggi / BreadMash

Honestly, I have too much to say on the topic of government Minimoggi. I will forever be grateful for growing up in the United States. However, I sometimes wonder how we have managed to all live this long. Greed, blind patriotism, and hatred are so present in politics, it is nothing short of a miracle that we haven't had more nuclear war. I pray things change, and I pray that everyone in the world can one day feel my good fortune of living with such luxuries.

Quote Originally Posted by A.S.C. View Post
    Gets drugs -> is high -> kills someone.
    Meh, when that happens there usually is a mix of hard drugs and alcohol in play. I find that soft drugs don't contribute to drug-related murders. To clarify on drugs in the Netherlands. Both hard drugs and soft drugs are illegal, although soft drugs are officially tolerated by the government, within certain limits. A so-called 'weed pass' was introduced not too long ago, which requires people to become a member of a coffee shop. The goal is to reduce foreign drug tourists, mostly from Belgium and France. The plan backfires, though. Drug runners have become more popular now that foreign tourists (and Dutch people without the pass) cannot buy soft drugs anymore. The government thought they would reduce problems (but is it really a problem if foreign tourists come to us to buy weed?), but instead they increased non-regulated drug traffic through drug runners. Now THAT is a problem, because these drug runners also sell hard drugs, not just the tolerated marijuana and such. They are losing control.

Even though I don't approve of weapons, like the situation in the USA, I can see a similar problem would arise if USA would ban fire weapons. So no, I would not like to see weapons banned in the USA.
    The best time of your life is air time!
    SSCoasters Administrator
    The SSCoasters Forum Rules
    http://2014.dutchdetails.net/

Ok, now i need to program a BB-Code parser for my forum... xD

What just happened? Wait, you lost THE GAME

I woke up at 5 this morning with a pounding headache, ended up throwing up, went back to sleep, and woke up again a few hours ago feeling better. What a way to start the week.

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Blog Entries

^ I know how you feel. Although not as bad, I woke up with a headache, horrible coughing, and a severely sore throat that impaired my ability to eat breakfast.

Well, 2 days from this expo and I just took apart a majority of my coaster and are rebuilding it. If this doesn't work...........
    Last edited by LaMbChOpZ; 05-21-2012 at 12:57 PM.

A 2014 Intel Science Talent Search Entrant and a 2014 ISTS Student Initiative Award winner
    Junior member of CERN - ATLAS and CMS Experiments

^ hope it will work.

man i'm getting a cold, i can't breath well, my nose is full

Dragon-

Quote Originally Posted by A.S.C. View Post
    Gets drugs -> is high -> kills someone.
    The reality of it is more like:
    Gets high -> orders a pizza -> watches a movie -> falls asleep on the couch
    Top 10
    Banshee|Maverick|Diamondback|Millennium Force|Prowler
    Magnum XL200|Gatekeeper|Goliath|Screamin Eagle|The Bat

I gave up on lucid dreaming. I keep waking up as soon as I realize I'm dreaming. It happened like 20 times now, and it's rather frustrating. Oh well, too bad. It was a very cool experience, and it taught me a lot about clearing my mind and getting in touch with the "dream world".

^Lol yeah that is so true.
    The drugwars take so many more lifes than the drugs themselves...
    You're a freak, join the circus.

Quote Originally Posted by Minimoggi View Post
    Interesting how More Guns = Less Crime, yet there's been like 3 shootings a day in Los Angeles, and in my country, I doubt there's even a homicide a day.

Guns are legal here, but Handguns and easily concealed weaponry is ridiculously hard to get.. I think you should have to pass a good few tests before even being considered for gun ownership, instead of the USA where they used to hand out free handguns when you set up a long term savings bond at a particular bank.
    You saw the Micheal Moore film didn't you... That's totally inaccurate and I believe was staged. It would still have to go through a FFL Dealer. Americans, sadly, are also much more violent then the rest of the world. So that's why we feel the need to protect ourselves. Here's the video that statement came from:

John Lott: More Guns, Less Crime - YouTube

He's also talking about legal gun ownership where most crime is committed with illegally owned guns.

Someone needs to just make a political debate thread.

Also surprising this is staying a debate and I don't sense any flaming! Good job guys!

To me it's not a very interesting subject to discuss, mainly because of the completely different situations we are in. My girlfriend's father is a hunter, having a permit for fire weapons, etc. The Netherlands is very strict with those permits. And I believe he said he would want it to be even more strict. In my opinion not everyone should be allowed to own a gun. The guy in this shooting had a permit, while clearly he should not have had it. It's shootings like these that make me dislike weapons, yes. I don't feel anything for discussing the US's policy concerning weapons. Sorry, Nick.
    SSCoasters Administrator

So I pretty much saw a kid get hit by a car this weekend.

^ Is he ok?

I just saw the Avengers, amazing.
    SSCoasters Moderator
    Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
    Coaster Count: 99

^ I HAVE AN ARMY.
    Ok, we have a hulk.

Made my best deal
    A ss by 30$
    Plus shipping of 70$.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon View Post
    Made my best deal
    A ss by 30$
    Plus shipping of 70$.
    ^ You sold that?
    SSCoasters Moderator
    Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
    Coaster Count: 99

^Bought, obviously.
    SSCoasters Administrator

International shipping, very pricy.

I once bought a VV type coaster + other set from a US seller in Texas on a buy-now for 30 USD No shipping, arrived within a week. Insane bargain really. Very odd. Both sets were brand new, never opened, everything in the sealed bags.

First post in nearly three and a half years...

But I'm back into building, and my construction needs have led me back here. Everyone was very helpful the first time, and I hope to get more support

I haven't done much building in the last three and a half years, but I'm back into it. I moved about a month and a half ago (didn't know when I was going to move, but I knew I was going to. thus the hiatus ) and since I have produced 3 rides: One custom coaster (pics up soon, soon as I can find my camera ), one of knex's million ferris wheels (integrated with my current coaster), and a chairswing. Pics will be up, again, as soon as I can find my stinking camera

I built a couple of other coasters (very small, not very noteworthy) before I moved, but they were experiments and I have no pictures.

So here I am, working on my 4th coaster. I've been browsing through the forums over the past couple of days and found some very cool ideas. Construction photos will be up when I find my camera

I think that's all for now. It's great to be back
    92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music copy and paste this into your sig.

You're a freak, join the circus.

Quote Originally Posted by Knexrule11 View Post
    ^ You sold that?

______
    jogumpie_______________________________
    ^Bought, obviously.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maxlaam View Post
    International shipping, very pricy.

I once bought a VV type coaster + other set from a US seller in Texas on a buy-now for 30 USD No shipping, arrived within a week. Insane bargain really. Very odd. Both sets were brand new, never opened, everything in the sealed bags.
    This was my best deal(bought) because the ss was 30 i get 100$ on final but most ss that i can bet in brazil are close to 130-160$.
    Last edited by Dragon; 05-22-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by commando View Post
    You saw the Micheal Moore film didn't you... That's totally inaccurate and I believe was staged.
    I saw a snippet, unfortunately if he claims it wasn't staged it legally can't be..
    Like how on Super High Me, although he got stoned as heck, he couldn't inhale on camera, as it is a federal crime.

Anyways, I dislike wide ownership of guns, atleast not when you can keep them in your household..

GIMME FUE, GIMME FAI, GIMME DABAJABAZAA!

Not a SSCoasters Moderator

Steam: Minimoggi / BreadMash

Seems like I've attracted a sponsor too...

Look what i found

KING OF THE ROLLER COASTER : The Issaquah Press – News, Sports, Classifieds and More in Issaquah, WA

This guy name is brian and is conciderated king of knex

And ssc in mentioned, he is a member!

Wow.
    You old members may know him

^ Cardsandcoasters
    I miss him

-MIB

^ Made by a person whose name is Men in Black ^

Heck yeah I remember CAC. Used to talking to him on AIM every day. His projects were great to follow. Thanks a lot for sharing that article. It made SSC sounds awesome, . I like how it mentioned SSC as being international, too.

-IMC-

Page 1252 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 25275211521202124212501251125212531254126213021352 ... LastLast