Stats Model Statistics
Completed 2014
Height 7.5'
# of Inversions 3
# of Vehicles 1

Photos Photos
Déjà Vu (2014)
Video

Description Check out the real-life Déjà Vu roller coaster right here: [url]http://www.thecoasterguy.com/2011/08/18/ride-profile-deja-vu/[/url]These photos were invaluable as I tried to get the shaping right and build this to a 1/25 scale.Déjà Vu is a replica of a ride that was at Six Flags Magic Mountain from 2001 until 2011 when it was relocated. I rode it many times, and it still is one of my favorite roller coasters I've ever ridden. Vekoma, the company who designed this ride, built several of these "Giant Inverted Boomerangs" at other amusement parks too. This is my 14th K'nex roller coaster, and my third recreation of a real roller coaster.The twin vertical lifts are what make this ride different from other roller coasters. The train lifts straight up, then drops and goes through the cobra roll and loop forwards. Next, it catches onto the second tower, which lifts it up and sends it through the layout again, but backwards.The main challenge with this model was operating the vertical lifts. I used a Lego Mindstorms NXT, along with some switches and a voltage controller, to control the motors in each tower. The trigger tells the NXT when to start or stop the motors. This enables them to stop in precisely the right place every time.It took me the entire summer, and nearly all of my K'nex pieces, to build this model. The video was filmed on a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX20V.

Comments 1 Comments
Photo
ikbenik31
Sorry for bumping this post, but I absolutely love this recreation. You really inspired me to recreate one myself (on a smaller scale of course ;))
  • Jan 19 2015 03:07 PM

Builder Built by ~stεεlspectrum~

More ModelsSimilar Models
  •  Fear
    Comments 4
    • -
    • -
    • -
    • -
    • -
    • -
    • -