Completed 2012
Coaster Type Sitdown Coaster
Height 5.6'
# of Inversions 4
# of Vehicles 1

Photos Photos
Kelvin
Video

Description Now completed, here is the final version of the official K'nex Kelvin Coaster. It stands 5.5 feet tall and is one of my most technologically advanced coasters. Again, I used my custom backbone for the micro track to strengthen and make it more realistic. The highlight of this ride is my custom designed cars. As you will see in the video, I used three standard red micro coaster cars and screwed off the back section and then rubber banded my custom designed car part to it. It does make the train heavier as a whole, but I used the Screamin' Serpent motor for the main lift hill. The ride itself is kind of short, the duration being only 5.6 seconds long. I used the popular Eurofighter lift hill/drop design famously used on Fahrenheit in Hersheypark, which is where my coaster got its name: Kelvin, which is another unit for measuring temperature. Just to prevent any basic questions, here are the stats: - I used the Cobra Curse Coaster, Doubleshot Coaster, 2 Rippin Rocket 2 Coasters, 1 Screamin' Serpent Coaster, and tons of ordered parts online- Took about 1.5 months to build and perfect-Has about 1700 parts

Comments 4 Comments
Photo
Ghostbuster
This is amzaing i've seen Hulk too you should try to weight your cars!
  • Apr 09 2012 10:23 AM
Photo
Cobra Roller
Yes, I am planning my next coaster to resemble Apollo's Chariot (located in Busch Gardens Williamsburg) and I will definitely try weighted cars.
  • Apr 09 2012 08:12 PM
Photo
sathothy
Apollo's chariot! I think you can do it!
Also here´s an tutorial from weighting cars: http://www.sscoaster...nce-cars-13597/

Awesome coaster to!
  • Apr 10 2012 01:48 AM
Photo
IOAgeek
Wow that's amazing with vv, your a great builder. I also saw your hulk recreation video and that was cool too, to bad you had to use a booster.
  • Apr 12 2012 06:52 PM

Builder Built by Cobra Roller

More ModelsSimilar Models