Stats Model Statistics
Completed 2010
Coaster Type Sitdown Coaster
Height 5' 8"
# of Vehicles 1

Photos Photos
Steel Force
Video

Description This is my 7th Knex model roller coaster. Construction began in mid-February, and it's taken a long time to build it. I made many changes to the layout during the building process as well. My Lego Mindstorms NXT came in handy as I used it to make the coaster completely automatic (I press a button and it turns the station, lift, and brake run motors on/off so it keeps going until I tell it to stop). I have to say, I miss tube supports, but this was the most fun I've ever had building a model knex roller coaster.

Comments 12 Comments
Photo
patrickcondon
The coaster and video are both amazing! I demand more from you soon :D
  • May 29 2010 03:29 PM
Photo
maarten12
haha amazing, and you got a superrr video ;) I can't wait to see your next ride!
  • May 31 2010 01:28 PM
Photo
Cedars650258516
cool coaster, but I see alot of bending and shaking, oh whell, good job!
  • Jul 07 2010 11:15 AM
Photo
rollercoasterfanatic919
Yay, the video is on youtube now! Must favorite! ;)
  • Jul 08 2010 10:36 AM
Photo
TheSUCKCrew
Man, this coaster is addicting... I watched this video 6 times today!
  • Jul 08 2010 02:15 PM
Photo
Jumpge
Ok, Steel. First off, you are my remodel for building and this coaster gives me a ton of inspiration to build! Great coaster, very impressive, 5 stars hands down.
  • Aug 01 2010 08:47 AM
Photo
chaindogg33
This is an awesome coaster. I love the curves, they are beautiful, and the painted cars are cool. I noticed you used alot of grey rods throughout, to make the track rigid, a method I am going to have to try in my next coaster. I want to build a large steel-style layout, and like Junpge said, you are inspiring. A couple questions: Did you add chain dogs to the cars in the rear? ( it seems that way when I watch the brake chain and load chain) Also, you said you miss tube-style construct, would you recommend I try building with tubes or with trusses? Thanks!
  • Aug 02 2010 10:21 AM
Photo
IonZer0
what happened 2 giga steel?
  • Aug 10 2010 10:17 AM
Photo
CoasterFlight13
This is my favortie knex coaster to watch. The elements are smooth and the track is smooth flowing, not jagged. Freakin amazing. Good Job!
  • Aug 18 2010 02:08 AM
Photo
The Stig
Best twisted airtime hill I've ever seen. And one of the best videos I've ever seen. The POV was perfection.
  • Dec 10 2010 03:15 PM
Photo
flyersfan331

Hey, your oneillperson on youtube. I absolutely love this ride. It looks so realilistic. It's my favorite knex ride ever!!!!:jump
  • Sep 19 2011 04:24 PM
Photo
IOAgeek
What a great hyper coaster, I wish I could built that good!
  • Apr 28 2012 09:57 AM

Builder Built by ~stεεlspectrum~

More ModelsSimilar Models