Stats Model Statistics
Completed 2014
Height 15 Granite Rods
# of Inversions 4
# of Vehicles 1

Photos Photos
Tatsu
Video

Description This is a K'NEX recreation of Tatsu, the well-known B&M Flying coaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain in California, USA. The Sky Tower and surrounding terrain have been built to make the recreation of Tatsu look even more realistic. Construction started in August 2013 and finished in February 2014, so construction took approximately six months. Many problems arose during the construction of Tatsu: a lack of pieces and difficulties with maintaining speed. Fortunately, these problems could be solved. The coaster is automated with an Arduino micro-controller. Besides being able to control the motors, Tatsu also features automatic station gates.

Comments 6 Comments
Photo
Josh Monster
Very well built, great job! The terrain looks fantastic and the shaping is smooth. :)
  • Feb 19 2014 06:41 PM
Photo
Connector1o1
Absolutely fantastic! It is just like the real thing and i love the speed of the ride. I wish i could ride this real ride. I Think you will win TM!
  • Feb 21 2014 07:25 PM
Photo
-=Zach=-
Absolutely fantastic. The shaping is perfect and the pacing is very nice. This is one of my new favorite rides. :)
  • Feb 23 2014 11:04 AM
Photo
-=Zach=-
Absolutely fantastic. The shaping is near perfect and the pacing is very nice. This is one of my new favorite rides. :)
  • Feb 23 2014 11:04 AM
Photo
IOAgeek
Amazing coaster dude, you completed it woo, I love the final video btw, one of my favorite coasters from u and recreations too, keep it up!
  • Feb 27 2014 10:46 PM
Photo
sedric1515

Nice, the pretzel loop looks great

• Oct 10 2015 07:17 PM

Builder Built by Helmut

More ModelsSimilar Models