Coaster Type Sitdown Coaster
Height 3.5'
# of Inversions 2
# of Vehicles 1
Construction Construction Thread

Photos Photos
The Cougar
Video

Description With planning starting in early December, and construction following in mid-February, The Cougar has been my largest coaster, and quite possibly my hardest coaster to make; my first and probably only Boomerang coaster. It features a revolutionary, new, working catch car that comes down to the station, picks up the cars, heads back up the lift hill, and releases the train at the top. The catch car was programmed with NXT and worked flawlessly, until the night of. Since this school event, called Celebration of the Arts, is set up a week in advance and kept up for almost another week afterwards. My coaster had a new home for a week in the main lobby of my school and was admired non-stop by many. It didn't, however, survive the ride to school, resulting in poor shaping of elements which led to the coaster never being able to make a full circuit on it's own power. Based off of coasters at Hersheypark and Morey's Pier, The Cougar was a coaster that I am happy I completed for this event/expo held at my school. I will say that yes there are some things that aren't 100% perfect or accurate (mainly the loop), but without those modifications, it wouldn't be successful. I can say that plans for a bigger and better coaster for next year are in the works.You can go through the construction of the ride [url=http://www.sscoasters.net/forum/f82/boomerang-coaster-5-6-12-a-14147/]here[/url].

The magnetic catch-car design/mechanism won the [B]2012 SSC Award for Favorite New Ride Design[/B]!

Comments 1 Comments
Photo
CCreator12
This is cool, what is that ride I see in the backround!!??
  • May 24 2012 03:58 PM

Builder Built by LaMbChOpZ

More ModelsSimilar Models