Completed 2013
Coaster Type Sitdown Coaster
Height 3' 9"
# of Inversions 2
# of Vehicles 1

Photos Photos
Tornado
Video
Description TORNADO On February 15th, Tornado will be on national television, supporting an educational programme for 8- and 9-year-olds. The coaster will be put on an MDF board and in the early morning I will drive the model to the television studio in Hilversum, in one piece. Tornado was designed to be mobile enough to be driven to the studio. Initially I was inspired by Tornado at Avonturenpark Hellendoorn, but when differences between that ride and my ride became too big, I went custom. Requirements set by the TV programme were to have a common lift hill, a loop and if possible a second inversion (either a loop or a corkscrew). I believe these requirements were met. The ride is set on a footprint of approximately 220cm x 120cm (7'2" x 3'11").Notable features:- Two loops of equal size.- Station building with the name 'Tornado' built-in.- Different speeds for the lift's and the station's chains, although powered by one 12V motor.- No middle tubing to resemble the look of Vekoma's and Arrow's MK-1200 track.- Only the loops are supported by original round tube supports, other parts of the ride are supported by thinner tubes.

Comments 0 Comments

Builder Built by Jogumpie

More ModelsSimilar Models