Completed 2010
Coaster Type Sitdown Coaster
Height 6 grey rods
# of Inversions 6
# of Vehicles 2

Photos Photos
Vortex
Video

Description Vortex a custom sit down looper. My second custom coaster of any significance and my first one with inversions. The lift passes under the Zero G roll, pre-turn into a diving drop, tight overbank turn, under the brake run up into the Zero G followed by reverse sidewinder, vertical loop, sidewinder and double corkscrew.

Comments 11 Comments
Photo
SuperTKDKid
Very nice job on this! You should build a launched next.
  • Nov 30 2010 01:20 AM
Photo
Kevkillerke
nice lay out!
  • Nov 30 2010 10:31 AM
Photo
LaMbChOpZ
Awesome coaster! i should prob try a looper after im done my woodie... hmm ideas are coming. BTW, where'd you get all those neon parts? the bright orange half connectors? ebay?
  • Nov 30 2010 05:17 PM
Photo
ForgotToGrowUp
thanks for comments! Not sure what you mean by orange half connectors. I have some orange half moons with the track connector tabs but did not use a single one in this coaster. I do have a small number or bright orange 45* connectors, not sure what they came from, I bought a couple mixed lots on ebay. I used those to connect the catwalk and in my brakes, nowhere else. Only other orange I had was orange rods, used on the lift hill and tower orange ladder connectors used in station and on lift hill micro orange rods for catwalk, stairs and queue. I do have a bunch of yellow half moons in the coaster. They look a little orange in some of the pictures. Most of those came from a big ball factory. I think all the neon yellow stuff is from RR coasters, not sure where the neon yellow micro pieces came from.
  • Nov 30 2010 08:24 PM
Photo
alpal
great coaster! It is just inversion after inversion :) It looks sweet.
  • Dec 02 2010 06:33 PM
Photo
The Stig
You've mastered some very nice inversions here. Nostalgia from the days of Arrow Dynamics.
  • Dec 10 2010 03:32 PM
Photo
LaMbChOpZ
^^^ oh, just wondering. I was like "SO COOL!" and then after reading this, still cool, but now I want to buy some from eBay now. I really hope they have some Neon Blue half-moon connectors!)
  • Jan 06 2011 07:53 PM
Photo
ForgotToGrowUp
neon blue? Not sure I can even imagine that color!
  • Jan 06 2011 10:50 PM
Photo
chaindogg33
Hey ForgotToGrowup, this is a really awesome layout! I love conservation of speed, and really your first hill is not that huge and you squeezed 7 inversions into it. Seriously, that is awesome and shows great trackwork, support (not shaky), and your trains must be working nice too. Sweet coaster!
  • Feb 04 2011 12:30 PM
Photo
sathothy
I really like you have made your one element
  • Sep 20 2011 11:45 AM
Photo
SCM

This is one of my all time favorites. 

• Jan 28 2017 01:49 PM

Builder Built by ForgotToGrowUp

• SCM likes this

More ModelsSimilar Models