Clock Oct 20 2016 06:34 PM
Views 1113
Comments 7

Tags
tomisdabomb02
A little bit of Automation ;)
  • -
Photo
Description As you guys know my GCI Boardwalk coaster was sadly cancelled. I've had this idea pondering around in my head for about 3 weeks or so and finally started to build it. I'll let you guys guess what it'll be, and I'll post pics when it's done (if I ever get it to work lol) ;)

Comments 7 Comments
Photo
SCM

It looks like a switch... this instantly reminded me of RWT's Steel Venom recreation. The switch part that made the left booster go up and the right booster go down and vice versa. Could this be for an automatic drill lift? 

• Oct 20 2016 08:35 PM
Photo
Mister Piglette
I actually can see exactly what you're doing. You're using a motor that is constantly spinning and turning the revolutionary motion into translational movement. So when the cart is moved forward, the red gear starts moving, and then the gear train is broken once the cart is pushed back. (; I like it
  • Oct 22 2016 02:10 PM
Photo
Rollerfreak987

I actually can see exactly what you're doing. You're using a motor that is constantly spinning and turning the revolutionary motion into translational movement. So when the cart is moved forward, the red gear starts moving, and then the gear train is broken once the cart is pushed back. (; I like it

It looks like a switch... this instantly reminded me of RWT's Steel Venom recreation. The switch part that made the left booster go up and the right booster go down and vice versa. Could this be for an automatic drill lift? 

I just thought i'd let you guys know i've actually scrapped this design and will be redesigning the mechanism, but it will be accomplishing the same purpose, while looking cleaner. I hope...

• Oct 24 2016 05:20 PM
Photo
~stεεlspectrum~

This looks nice, I have no idea what it does (other than moving back and forth and turning the yellow gears when it's in one position). It could be a transfer track, dual station, launch mechanism...

• Oct 25 2016 02:27 PM
Photo
Rollerfreak987
You're right about one of those, steel ;).
  • Oct 25 2016 08:24 PM
Photo
CW5X

tomisdabomb02? Hmmmmmm. What could this mean?

• Oct 26 2016 05:01 PM
Photo
Rollerfreak987

tomisdabomb02? Hmmmmmm. What could this mean?

Lol I just use that in every new thing I post as a joke.

• Oct 28 2016 05:45 PM

More PicsSimilar Pics
  •  New coaster lift
    New Construction
  •  The good ol'...
    HOT
  •  RCTW Beta B&M...
  •  I may be some tim...
  •  I should post my...