RollerCoaster Tycoon World Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#1 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:11 PM

This thread is for discussion of the RCT franchise's latest installment: RollerCoaster Tycoon World.

#2 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:19 PM

Double post.
And a video to kick things off. The video points out some other interesting speculations about the game and how it may work based off observations of the released screenshots, and talks with the game reps.

Personally, I'm glad to see coaster creation finally use the node-placement system. As well as confirmation that there will, in fact, be queue lines.
The mascot-branding idea is intriguing, but makes me wonder if mascots are customizable, or more-so, how customizable they will be.
The four seperate park section possibly for multiplayer is also interesting. It seems like Atari took some good ideas from the latest Sim City game. I hope they can pull off a better launch, though.
One more thing I'd like to add to the video's ideas is above-ground tunnels. I'd like to see a sort of above-ground tunnel option for coasters as well.

#3 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:47 PM

I pray that they make all buildings, fences, stuctures, especially restaraunts optional decorations other than required structures. RCT3 did an alright job with that. Will make it so much easier to build appealing buildings.

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#4 eddie

eddie

LOOK OUT FOR THAT CLOWN!!

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:02 PM

I think that the node system will be good for building smoother rides but will it be as complicated as something like NoLimits? Will it be where you place nodes and the track will follow it exactly or just follow the general shape like in NoLimits 2? I also think they should make it so that you can have custom supports without a mod. One more thing I want is for the tunnel shape to be customizable if they add it, like where there's an editor for what they will look like, and you can draw lines and curves for the shape you want. Obviously this stuff probably isn't going to be added, but just an idea for a game that's gonna be awesome already.

#5 CCI

CCI

Getting Furious in 2015

• 2019 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:16 PM

Call me old fashioned but I miss the simple isometric view of the early RCT games. While I approve of the improvements I can never quite get as excited for a RCT game that uses the new engine.

Was Chris Sawyer involved in this one at least?

Posted Image

l El Toro l Fury325 l I305 l Skyrush l RFII l

DEY TUK ER JERBS!!

My RCT2 Projects!

RCT2 Help/Download

#6 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:08 PM

With the development of Roller Coaster Tycoon World in full swing, the crew has begun a production blog this month to show off the various features and elements of this new modern version of RCT. This edition they talk briefly about the new landscape editor system in terms of what we can expect to see and how it can generate enough variety that every park generated to work on will look different and unique.

RollerCoaster Tycoon World Production Blog Post #1 | RollerCoaster Tycoon

Stig says: I like how they talk about all the new wonderful terrain and scenery features, and an exciting new collection of flat rides.... And then post a picture of a Ferris Wheel in a flat area.

Edited by The Stig, 20 January 2015 - 01:13 PM.

#7 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:30 PM

RollerCoaster Tycoon World Production Blog Post #2 | RollerCoaster Tycoon

The 2nd blog post skims over the variety of shops, stalls, and flat rides and how it'll be easier than ever to build, move, and edit them into your park.

Posted Image

Stig says: Once again, all of these ideas sound wonderful as you read them. Then, at the bottom of the page, they leave you with a heavily photoshopped picture featuring some real-world graphics of what looks like Gemini and I305 with some in-game graphics mixed in.

Edited by The Stig, 01 February 2015 - 07:36 PM.

#8 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:44 PM

Is that EL TORO in the background?

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#9 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:56 PM

Is that EL TORO in the background?

It looks a LOT like it, I noticed that too before I read your comment. I am really looking forward to this game, I just hope it's all I can imagine. Although I do miss RCT2, it was a really good game. I just hope my desktop can handle all this... I do have an old "Staples" brand desktop...

Signature not available 

#10 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:04 PM

"Not only is there a great variety of objects, we have also added new elements that did not exist before."

That wording worries me...

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#11 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:51 PM

A quick scroll through the RCTW forum isn't exactly re-assuring, either.

Post #1: Wow! Is that from the game?

Atari: That's Key Artwork. It's for inspiration.

Post #2: Will those types of coasters be in the game?

Post #3: Will the game include custom supports so we can at least have it look similar to this?

So basically, you Photoshopped some real coaster pictures together and slapped your logo on it?
And this is supposed to inspire me?

Edited by The Stig, 02 February 2015 - 05:55 PM.

#12 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:05 PM

https://forum.roller...ion-Blog-Post-3

Blog #3 gets into the good stuff: Coaster building! We learn a little about the spline-based system, which sounds a lot like No Limits 1. We even learn that there are only three types of coasters in RCTW - Steel, Wooden, and "Hanging".

Now here's where things get a little iffy. But from what we know (and what we don't) I think I have a good theory on what Mattlab may be hinting at, so hear me out:... Now, at the game's launch, while it's completely possible to recreate Fury 325's layout, the finished coaster won't have that "B&M-looking" track or cars..... HOWEVER! And this is just me speculating.... However, with the mention of custom scenery support, and an online community to share this custom content on... Perhaps it's totally possible for a fan to model up some B&M track and cars? Maybe supports too? And BOOM! You've got your Fury 325.

#13 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:20 PM

Alright guys! We've got a big NEW announcement today!
After months of anticipation! After all the hype and promises of the NEW Rollercoaster Tycoon World, the discussions and blog posts about all NEW scenery, brand NEW coasters, NEW rides, revolutionary NEW buildings and shops, NEW, NEW, NEW!!!!!!!!!
Developed from scratch! Built from the ground up!

Did I mention it was NEW?
Posted Image

We've got our first look at the NEW gameplay video!!!
Are you ready? IT'S NEW!!!!!!!!

Spoiler

#14 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:52 PM

I loled. This is exactly what I expected, I have 0 confidence or hope for AAA games and game studios now a days. Hopefully the video game community will begin to feel as I have for the past year or so and maybe get something to change.

#15 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:08 PM

It looks shit. Guess I was right all along.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#16 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:15 PM

RCT2 forever. <3

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#17 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:50 PM

This video was very disappointing!!!:( I will still play RCT3 in the future!

Posted Image

Coaster Count: 84

Check out My new Eurofighter

1- Colossos 2- Tatsu 3- Formula Rossa 4- Kraken 5- BlueFire 6- Hulk 7- Dragon Challenge 8- X2 9- Scream(SFMM) 10- Krake

#18 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:05 PM

Wow. The fans are not happy.
Take a look at the chaos happening on the Atari forums.

https://forum.roller...eral-Discussion

I don't think it'll be long until RCTW shows up on FailBlog.

#19 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:36 PM

I was happy for the first few seconds until I realized it wasn't animated. At least I don't love RCT as much as I used to.

#20 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:59 PM

Well...I don't know what to say. It seems worse than RCT3! I want better graphics, yet they make it look like the mobil game! If it had graphics like the start of it, I would be so happy. But this...this is poop.

Signature not available