Scarab - a B&M inverted returns (5/5/17)

custom cars egypt pyramid b&m bolliger and mabillard inverted invert

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 02:15 PM

​Whats up guys, I know I haven't posted much on my last coaster because everything became complex and hard to build and after a while of tries to fix the flourless coaster without  success I gave up the work because we had some workers in our house and the coaster had to disappear:/

You may noticed I love B&M and so this coaster is gonna be another one. It's gonna be my third try to build an invert. The two times before didn't worked because of missing pieces and no knowledge about good tube supports:D

I already planned some layouts but until I have the end result I'll work on the trains because they have to be finished before building. on the other hand I already started to hide the chairlift mechanism :)

As you may noticed from the title the coaster will be egypt themed so make a guess where the mechanism is hide :)

Because of schoolstuff and other dates I'll upload not much of the layout and build but of the train.

​To my surprise the inverted trains began to look good earlier than the flourless did:D

so here you have the first pics of the train, I hope you like it:)

A46F72DA-3F1C-4E38-9E5A-4D55B8022F74_zps

chain dog 

3FC6CF08-AF8E-4015-A06F-0F822CB00746_zps

they are still prototypes but turn out pretty nice so I'll move on with 'em.

here you see that I used 2 ways of connecting seat units with the 'holders' I don't know which one is more B&M-ish

please leave a commend whit your opinion.

17C83701-3269-47FD-802B-A68641DFAA92_zps

A9799601-B407-4ED3-B01C-5211EF82BC60_zps

Peace, Sean 

Edited by GER Seano, 05 May 2017 - 06:12 AM.

#2 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 02:30 PM

I think the pair on the left looks the best but that's just me. Haven't seen an inverted coaster on here in a while, should be good!

#3 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 03:07 PM

I like the pair on the left as well. It looks more like people riding a coaster than the other.

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#4 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 03:24 PM

I think the pair on the left looks the best but that's just me. Haven't seen an inverted coaster on here in a while, should be good!

I like the pair on the left as well. It looks more like people riding a coaster than the other.

ok I'll wait for other opinions but the left one looks really better

#5 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 08:12 PM

Oh man, I am excited for this one! Sorry about the floorless. Can't wait for the next update! (thumbsup) (thumbsup) (thumbsup)

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#6 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 07:28 PM

I see Lego. This is mutiny. This calls for a tarring and feathering. 

• Sporech and sean9782 like this

#7 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 12:16 PM

I would probalby go for the left style as well but both look very good so whichever one you want to choose really. I hope you can build this as well as you were building your floorless. I can imagine it was very frustrating to get so far and have to end it.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#8 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 12:56 PM

Using legos? This seems precisely like something a witch would do! Take him away! The trial is at dusk... 

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#9 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 01:08 PM

Oh man, I am excited for this one! Sorry about the floorless. Can't wait for the next update! (thumbsup) (thumbsup) (thumbsup)

Here it is:)

I would probalby go for the left style as well but both look very good so whichever one you want to choose really. I hope you can build this as well as you were building your floorless. I can imagine it was very frustrating to get so far and have to end it.

I'm going to use the left style.

Already ordered micro parts on monday:)

It was :/

I see Lego. This is mutiny. This calls for a tarring and feathering. 

Using legos? This seems precisely like something a witch would do! Take him away! The trial is at dusk... 

guys relax :D the lego parts are just for having the space to glue :)

To that the lego pieces are worth it to get glued and cut but not the good knex pieces  :0 :D

My micro pieces should arrive soon. Until my custom train isn't finished I used the time to plan everything.

After a long discussion with myself what kind of inversions I want I completed an end-layout

Here is the final layout:

Attached File  IMG_6754.jpg   134.72KB   2 downloads

and here is where I hide my motor and gears:

(It'll be a pyramid coverd by thin cardboard with sand on at the end of building process)

Attached File  IMG_6752.jpg   194.88KB   0 downloads

-GKC

Edited by GER Seano, 22 October 2015 - 01:16 PM.

#10 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

• 786 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 04:24 PM

I like the idea of a pyramid covering the motors. Looking forward to this build!  :D

#11 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:12 PM

I was thinking of building something that incorporated pyramids into its design. More in a futuristic theme rather than this but you have a very interesting idea here anyway that should help with the presentation of the coaster. You may have a little trouble trying to get some of those elements in the plan to be the same size given the size of pyramid that you've built. Those turns are very tight but it doesn't have to be exactly the same. I am looking forward to the completion of this.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#12 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 03:44 PM

YEAAAAAH my micro pieces arrived today:)

I finished the train 

the only thing left to do with it is weighting.

AD63DA2F-7FDB-49B7-8420-BCEA16FDC52E_zps

1C58637C-9181-4905-9BE5-2F7B71907020_zps

A9223461-B06D-4158-AD65-8EFF2174F5EB_zps

Edited by GER Seano, 23 October 2015 - 03:45 PM.

#13 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

• 786 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 05:50 PM

Oh wow, they look very nice. I imagine a really cool plaza by the entrance of the ride with a break run or Zero-G-roll over. That would be very cool. But, Don't do anything until the coaster is finished. One more thing, what is the thing on the first car?

#14 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 04:29 AM

Oh wow, they look very nice. I imagine a really cool plaza by the entrance of the ride with a break run or Zero-G-roll over. That would be very cool. But, Don't do anything until the coaster is finished. One more thing, what is the thing on the first car?

we'll see:)

it's a scarab:)

#15 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 04:41 AM

In all the weeks I didn't upload new updates on this coaster I figured out the compactest and best looking layout with all inversions I want to include in this coaster.

Because of school I won't be able to start building soon but I'll start as soon as possible!

here's the improved layout

The ZERO G ROLL will roll over the lift hill.

IMG_6941_zpsfegq6anu.jpg

leave any suggestions and comments:) 

Edited by GER Seano, 15 November 2015 - 04:43 AM.

#16 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

• 786 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:39 PM

New layout looks great! Reminds me of a mashup between alpengeist and afterburner.

#17 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:30 PM

It's been a while since last update with pictures. Since last update I improved my layout at some tiny spots. While planning everything like where to put what kind of elements I realized that I definitive need some more pieces. But fortunately Christmas is coming :)

Besides this I began to build some base for the tube support. After that I connected the first section of the lift hill with support to the ground. It's not that much but I want you to know that there is something done since last time.

Here I've got some footage for you 

IMG_7005_zpsodhihkzi.jpg                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

This will be the cross of diagonals in my layout.

IMG_7004_zpsrmc7hjkg.jpg

IMG_7015_zpskvlj7mhv.jpg

The Zero G Roll will go over these supports of the lift hill. Therefor is the support above the chain return.                                                                                                                                                  420

IMG_7016_zpsyxsbc7yq.jpg

IMG_7017_zpsdlrzetwt.jpg

please leave any suggestions how to improve something and how to make it look more b&m-ish :)

-GKC

Edited by GER Seano, 03 December 2015 - 02:42 PM.

#18 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 07:12 PM

Wow that pyramid design for the station is cool, really creative thinking there. I also like your gear setup: it should take plenty of stress off of the motor. 

#19 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 12:53 PM

NEW UPDATE :)

Wow that pyramid design for the station is cool, really creative thinking there. I also like your gear setup: it should take plenty of stress off of the motor. 

actually it's not the station but a covering for the already mentioned gear setup. 

I had some time to build yesterday. So I improved the first lift hill supports and finished the second one. All in all there will be just 3 lift hill supports like on Banshee. Just like the lift hill I will take some ideas of Banshee's layout into mine like the drop and dive loop.

I still have some trouble with the catwalk and the best way to connect it to the supports.

Here you go for the pictures.          

Attached File  IMG_7079.jpg   193.92KB   3 downloads

Attached File  IMG_7082.jpg   181.63KB   3 downloads

Attached File  IMG_7085.jpg   179.39KB   3 downloads

Attached File  IMG_7074.jpg   224.26KB   2 downloads

Please leave a comment and any suggestions to make it look more B&M-ish

-GKC

Edited by GER Seano, 12 December 2015 - 12:54 PM.

#20 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:22 PM

Wow! That looks awesome!

As far as the catwalks, I'm not sure how you could connect them... I'm sure you'll figure it out. :)

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: custom cars, egypt, pyramid, b&m, bolliger and mabillard, inverted, invert