Small Hyper coaster

cowman gci woodie twisty

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 KirbyCoast

KirbyCoast

• 340 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 03:45 PM

Yesterday I was trying to build an custom El Loco, but I failed so I canceled it, I just started working on this coaster and I've been taking pieces from my old coaster to make this one. These pictures are from when I had only been working on it for about an hour and a half. I decided that I wanted to try tube supports so I made some, I never looked at a tutorial on making them so if you have any tips please tell me! I'm trying to fit it in a 5 by 7 (blue rods) area.

Attached Files

#2 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 04:17 PM

For working on tubes, I suggest using a spine. It helps a lot more, and makes it easier to connect to the track.

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#3 KirbyCoast

KirbyCoast

• 340 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 04:24 PM

Ok, I'm working on a better support right now, I'll try making at least part of it have a spine.

Also I have a lot of Standard pieces, could those help?

Edited by KirbyCoast, 22 November 2015 - 04:34 PM.

#4 KirbyCoast

KirbyCoast

• 340 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 04:41 PM

New supports:

Sorry I didn't realize the pictures would be this bright....

Attached Files

Edited by KirbyCoast, 22 November 2015 - 04:42 PM.

#5 KirbyCoast

KirbyCoast

• 340 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 05:28 PM

UPDATE: I've connected and shaped the track all the way up to the air time hill, it makes it with plenty of speed. I might try putting 4 cars on it later because the track really doesn't shake that much. Also these shots are a little blurry, I just realized that I'm taking all of these pictures at F0.95 and to anyone who knows what that means you probably know why it's so blurry, so I'll make it higher.

Attached Files

#6 KirbyCoast

KirbyCoast

• 340 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 10:18 PM

I somehow managed to finish this Roller Coaster in one day.... Well here are the final pictures, If you have any suggestions please tell me! I'm willing to keep changing it for a while. Sorry the photos are dark :/ I had to shoot it at a high shutter speed so the car wouldn't look to blurry (even though it still looked a little blurry).

Attached Files

Edited by KirbyCoast, 22 November 2015 - 10:23 PM.

#7 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 12:37 PM

Looks great! You are improving as a builder! :D

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#8 KirbyCoast

KirbyCoast

• 340 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:02 PM

Thanks! I think I want to add one bunny airtime hill at the end and maybe some decorations. I'm a little confused about the lift hill, every time I make one it just doesn't work right. This one has worked the best out of all of the ones I've made, but it has some problems. Can someone give advice on making chain lifts? I have two motors and more than enough chains.

I just added some final things and I will post it later today.

Edited by KirbyCoast, 23 November 2015 - 07:40 PM.

#9 KirbyCoast

KirbyCoast

• 340 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:00 PM

New pictures! I think these might be the final ones! I added a bunny airtime hill at the end, I made the final banked turn a little stronger and smoother, I added another tube support, I added more supports on the drop, and I made a catwalk on the lift hill.

Attached Files

#10 KirbyCoast

KirbyCoast

• 340 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:28 PM

I need a name so if have a good name please suggest it to me! I was thinking of the name being tropical since the video I'm making for it has tropical themed music, but anything is fine.

EDIT: I just made the video and I made a name: "Mythical Twister", I guess it's okay....

I'll post the video here and then I'll put it in the model database.

Edited by KirbyCoast, 26 November 2015 - 10:51 PM.

#11 KirbyCoast

KirbyCoast

• 340 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 02:05 PM

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

#12 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 12:18 AM

I feel like the use of focus in this video was a little overwhelming. I like the transitions, however, try to include more static shots where the camera is simply staying in one place focused on the whole coaster.

Nonetheless, great video =) 

Edited by +Timmeh+, 29 November 2015 - 12:19 AM.

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#13 KirbyCoast

KirbyCoast

• 340 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 01:12 AM

Ok, I'll stop using F0.95, I just realized I was using that, I probably should shoot at F4 or something. I was shooting it at F0.95 because it was so dark in my room, at the beginning of the video it's a lot darker because I was shooting with a different lens that didn't go down to F0.95.

Edited by KirbyCoast, 29 November 2015 - 01:14 AM.

#14 KirbyCoast

KirbyCoast

• 340 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 01:17 AM

I made a new base that should be stronger and I can't come up with very many more compact layouts so I'm going to make a remake of this with a slightly different ending. This may not happen because I have a while to think of other layouts and I won't get more part for a little bit.

I think I will mostly just make it stronger and add a station if I do it.

Edited by KirbyCoast, 29 November 2015 - 01:18 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cowman, gci woodie, twisty