omega giga coaster ioageek overbank hill 2016

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 10:15 PM

Hey guys since I recently got a builders tag which is awesome I thought I might update on my latest coaster so far. I started on this project about a month ago and I've built the station, a working transfer track, the predrop turn, and the lift which works too. I plan on having some airtime hills, overbanks, and high speed tuns throughout it. I'll try to save my speed the best I can. The lift is about 6'4 tall or so. Onto the pics!

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1928.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

IMG_1932.jpg

IMG_1927.jpg

IMG_1925.jpg

IMG_1929.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1930.jpg

Tire drives for the station!! The gears were hell to make underneath the station floor but I got it working eventually!

IMG_1931.jpg

Names suggestions for this coaster are also available if you have any in mind.

Please Comment!!

Edited by IOAgeek, 21 November 2022 - 08:55 PM.

#2 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 02:56 AM

Yes! Another giant coaster :D

Nice transfer track, and so nice to know that it works :)

Though the main lift support looks like it is bending, or is that just on the picture?

Posted Image
Click > Spirit Bomb/Blue Fire!/Double O/Kirnu < Click
SSC award 2014: Best SlimTrack Coaster
Eruption
Posted Image

#3 KKid99

KKid99

Ejector Airtime Lover

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:45 AM

Looks incredible so far! I love how the pre-drop section looks so accurate, and it's cool to see a transfer track with such detail and effort put into it. The only advice I can really give you right now is to make sure that the shaping is accurate on the drop to Leviathan and Fury 325. Regardless, this seems to be an amazing start and I cannot wait to see the final product come together. =)

"Less pieces = more fun . . ." (H)

- KKid99

#4 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 09:06 PM

Yes! Another giant coaster :D

Nice transfer track, and so nice to know that it works :)

Though the main lift support looks like it is bending, or is that just on the picture?

Yea sorry that pic was old for the lift. I fixed it now and made it sturdy with the help of some spacers!

Looks incredible so far! I love how the pre-drop section looks so accurate, and it's cool to see a transfer track with such detail and effort put into it. The only advice I can really give you right now is to make sure that the shaping is accurate on the drop to Leviathan and Fury 325. Regardless, this seems to be an amazing start and I cannot wait to see the final product come together. =)

Thanks dude I love building a good stattion and working transfer track. I like how I can just move the train in and out when I want to! You'll enjoy this update about the drop tonight!!

Hey guys I know you may think I am a slow builder but I promise I am almost done witht the next element after the drop, I was just lazy and busy to update the coaster. Well I like the pullout of the drop but I'm not sure since B&M gigas have a small pullout and titan built by helmur for example was similar too, but I like the shapping on mine right now and its super smooth and sturdy so I may leave it but I want to hear your opnions too. I am on winter break now so I will get these updates much quicker since I have no homework besides finsihing my science fair project up that's about the difference between the main rollercoaster launches used and which one is the most powerful :P. I will be in Orlando this weekend to visit family but I will get the next update up by Wednesday or Thursday with a test video!! Onto the pics, and name suggestions for the coaster are appreciated too.

IMG_1971.jpg
IMG_1982.jpg

Best shot of the pullout I got

IMG_1985_2.jpg

I like this pic :)

IMG_1978_1.jpg

Please comment!!

#5 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 09:43 PM

I think your pullout is too tight at the bottom of the drop. I'd say after it hits 45 degrees is what you should rework.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#6 frank

frank

Construction Foreman

• 246 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 12:10 AM

Same as above.

Unless you get more speed like this, highly doubt it.

It doesn't matter if you are a slow builder, It matters that you get it done right.

Have a nice trip to Orlando, i'll be in the dominican republic. 

;)  :)  :D  :P

#7 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 12:35 PM

I think the overall thing looks good except the minor thing of your pullout being too small. I hope to see some good elements out of this height (:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#8 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 11:58 PM

I agree with PKI, that pullout looks too small. Here's an overlay of Fury 325's drop: http://i1125.photobu...71.jpg~original

Also, let us know how your roller coaster launch research goes! I did a little study on launch acceleration last year and I found some really interesting patterns.

#9 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 08:24 AM

The drop looks great, but I have to agree with the others about the size of the pull-out. Steel provided a very clear picture that will definitely help you to improve the pull-out. It is fantastic to see such a massive coaster under construction, keep the pictures coming! :)

Posted Image

#10 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:38 AM

I think your pullout is too tight at the bottom of the drop. I'd say after it hits 45 degrees is what you should rework.

Ya I figured that I tried fixing it but I had the next element partially build so I will probabaly fix the pullout after the element following the overbank.

Same as above.

Unless you get more speed like this, highly doubt it.

It doesn't matter if you are a slow builder, It matters that you get it done right.

Have a nice trip to Orlando, i'll be in the dominican republic. 

;)  :)  :D  :P

Haha thanks I had fun in Orlando for three days at a cool hotel!! I could see the disney parks from my room and the fireworks at night!

I think the overall thing looks good except the minor thing of your pullout being too small. I hope to see some good elements out of this height (:

My height loss is pretty good right now the ovebank is about a gray and a half from the height of the lift hill so that's good for me lol.

I agree with PKI, that pullout looks too small. Here's an overlay of Fury 325's drop: http://i1125.photobu...71.jpg~original

Also, let us know how your roller coaster launch research goes! I did a little study on launch acceleration last year and I found some really interesting patterns.

Thank you steel I tired to fix it at first but I had the other elemnt almost built so it washard making the pulllout you guys wanted, I'm going to fix it after the emelent following the overbank! :)

The drop looks great, but I have to agree with the others about the size of the pull-out. Steel provided a very clear picture that will definitely help you to improve the pull-out. It is fantastic to see such a massive coaster under construction, keep the pictures coming! :)

Thanks helmur appreciate it! When's the fahrenheit final video coming out?

Hey everyone here's another update from IOA!! So I finsihed the overbank and I think it looks pretty dang good and my best one ever it took about a week to make it and a day or so to support it but it's pretty strudy and the train nicely makes it through the element each time. If you noticed since the colors are fairly similar we painted the back room for the last few days so I had to cut the coaster in sections so we could move the ladders to paint behind the overbank and the tv stabd and such which is going away too, so I have to build the new stand with the pieces already there. Happy new year guys and enjoy the pics and test video!! The next element is almost done so I'll get that update ina couple days!!

IMG_2133.jpg

IMG_2131.jpg

IMG_2135.jpg

IMG_2151.jpg

IMG_2160.jpg

The lightning was bad on this shot. Sorry.

IMG_2145.jpg

The pullin of the overbank comparing it with the drop's pullout.

IMG_2149.jpg

Overview of the pullin and more of the overbank!

IMG_2150.jpg

The test video:

Please comment!!

Edited by IOAgeek, 03 January 2016 - 11:51 AM.

#11 WSWAoasters

WSWAoasters

• 198 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:57 AM

This is going to be crazy! It is so masive, but it still looks great! I myself have never made a large coaster, but I can tell you it would either be large and sloppy coaster, or smaller and maybe not so sloppy. Fantastic job! (thumbsup)

Edited by WSWAoasters, 03 January 2016 - 11:57 AM.

#12 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 01:19 PM

This element is stupidly big! (In the sense that it's just crazy how large it is!) I like how steep of an on take it is and the mere size of this thing!

My only criticism is the shaping toward the end of the element. The 5th picture down shows the large sharp spot at the end of the overbank created by the track following the path of the box supports. The 6th photo shows the very sharp pullout. Smooth out the straight spot (possibly by suspending the track over the box supports, rather than directly following them) and elongate the pullout (so that it isn't such a quick transition).

Both of these things will smooth out this massive element and make it perfect!

Posted Image

#13 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 02:23 PM

I've taken the liberty of visualizing what Jumpge said.

Blue is where the sharp spot is, and the two red lines are the courses you could take.

brandon%20overbank%20fixed_zpskmabbnaf.j

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#14 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 07:01 PM

The speed loss you have there is pretty good, especially for a thing this size (20 granites or something to where the centre of gravity of the train is?) and it doesn't shake at all. I hope this project is successful for you.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#15 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:57 PM

Holy........

This thing is gorgeous.  I always love your projects!  Not only are your building skills absolutely on point, but the aesthetics are incredible.  I'm still in shock over how this thing only uses four main support beams and doesn't move an inch.  With the exception of the (helpful, mind you) nitpicking in the above comments, please continue.

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#16 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:19 PM

It's absolutely fantastic. Until now Ion was my favorite coaster but I think if you go on like this it will kick Ion on to my second favorite coaster. I just like this style of roller coaster- much like Millennium Force. Keep on the great work!!!

Posted Image

Coaster Count: 84

Check out My new Eurofighter

1- Colossos 2- Tatsu 3- Formula Rossa 4- Kraken 5- BlueFire 6- Hulk 7- Dragon Challenge 8- X2 9- Scream(SFMM) 10- Krake

#17 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:45 PM

My God, this coaster is massive! The train has a beautiful pace through the turnaround, but I have to agree with the others about the shaping of it. The supports of the turnaround look very strong though, great job! 

Posted Image

#18 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 10:54 PM

This is going to be crazy! It is so masive, but it still looks great! I myself have never made a large coaster, but I can tell you it would either be large and sloppy coaster, or smaller and maybe not so sloppy. Fantastic job! (thumbsup)

Haha I know right! Thanks for liking it too.

This element is stupidly big! (In the sense that it's just crazy how large it is!) I like how steep of an on take it is and the mere size of this thing!

My only criticism is the shaping toward the end of the element. The 5th picture down shows the large sharp spot at the end of the overbank created by the track following the path of the box supports. The 6th photo shows the very sharp pullout. Smooth out the straight spot (possibly by suspending the track over the box supports, rather than directly following them) and elongate the pullout (so that it isn't such a quick transition).

Both of these things will smooth out this massive element and make it perfect!

Yea I tried to fix that up a bit but it was locked in very sturdy so it was hard to perfeclty fix it.

I've taken the liberty of visualizing what Jumpge said.

Blue is where the sharp spot is, and the two red lines are the courses you could take.

brandon%20overbank%20fixed_zpskmabbnaf.j

Amazing, thanks for the pic dude!!

The speed loss you have there is pretty good, especially for a thing this size (20 granites or something to where the centre of gravity of the train is?) and it doesn't shake at all. I hope this project is successful for you.

Thanks I try to get about a gray rod and a half of speed loss usually.

Holy........

This thing is gorgeous.  I always love your projects!  Not only are your building skills absolutely on point, but the aesthetics are incredible.  I'm still in shock over how this thing only uses four main support beams and doesn't move an inch.  With the exception of the (helpful, mind you) nitpicking in the above comments, please continue.

Thank you, it's not that hard to shape the track with elements this big and using gray rods.

It's absolutely fantastic. Until now Ion was my favorite coaster but I think if you go on like this it will kick Ion on to my second favorite coaster. I just like this style of roller coaster- much like Millennium Force. Keep on the great work!!!

Millennium is one of my favorite coasters that I have been on too. This coaster is inspired by Fury 325 though.

My God, this coaster is massive! The train has a beautiful pace through the turnaround, but I have to agree with the others about the shaping of it. The supports of the turnaround look very strong though, great job! 

Thanks dude, the over bank element and track is very sturdy right now!

Hey guys, I decided to get off my lazy butt and update the coaster since I'm on spring break now! So for this update I finished the airtime hill and I got it to the perfect height to give those riders floater airtime just like other hyper and giga coasters have today! I will try to get he updates a little more faster, since I have built a bit more than what this update shows. Enjoy the pics and test video, and have a great Easter Sunday tomorrow!!

IMG_2390.jpg

IMG_2391.jpg

IMG_2392.jpg

IMG_2394.jpg

IMG_2401.jpg

IMG_2393.jpg

IMG_2397.jpg

IMG_2407.jpg

The test video:

Please Comment!!

Edited by IOAgeek, 26 March 2016 - 10:56 PM.

#19 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 11:54 PM

Reminds me of Raging Bull so far. I'm excited to see where you take this, trying to fit a big coaster into a small space should lead to some interesting stuff.

#20 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 02:28 PM

Thank you for including the testvideo in this update, it shows really well that the train has a perfect pace over the camelback. The supports on the camelback look very sturdy - similar to the rest of the coaster. I know this sounds very nitpicky, but there are a couple of minor bumps on the camelback and the one but last picture shows that you might want to add some heartlining there. The overall shaping looks great though! So far I really like this lay-out, keep up the good work!

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: omega, giga coaster, ioageek, overbank, hill, 2016