eurofighter

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 dylpickled

dylpickled

Construction Foreman

• 215 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 04:11 PM

heyo. this was going to be a spongebob rock bottom recreation at MoA, but I didn't have enough speed. so yeah, look at the pictures and comment what should be improved.

Attached Files

How do I upload a picture here omgg.

#2 WSWAoasters

WSWAoasters

• 198 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:04 PM

What I can see so far looks really good! However, these pictures don't show too much; is it possible to maybe get a few new ones?

#3 dylpickled

dylpickled

Construction Foreman

• 215 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:54 PM

I can't get very many shots because of how its positioned. here is an overview and a little more of the drop.

Attached Files

#4 WSWAoasters

WSWAoasters

• 198 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:35 PM

This looks amazing! It was kind of hard to tell before, but this is just beautiful! Fantastic job! (thumbsup)

#5 dylpickled

dylpickled

Construction Foreman

• 215 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 04:54 AM

alright, the car didn't have enough speed, so I'm trying something else. I also reshaped the loop and drop. I don't know if I like what's pictured. just kinda messin around with the layout.

Attached Files

#6 dylpickled

dylpickled

Construction Foreman

• 215 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:32 PM

alright, I'm happy with this layout and, I hope you are too. the only thing I don't like is the single loop. but oh well. I'll do a little work on this tonight. hopefully it'll be finished this Sunday...

Attached Files

#7 KirbyCoast

KirbyCoast

• 340 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:05 AM

I like this layout too, if you don't like that it only has one inversion then maybe you could add a heartline roll at the end.

#8 dylpickled

dylpickled

Construction Foreman

• 215 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:54 PM

hey! well, this coaster is pretty much done! I just need to do the station pretty much. also drop some names below please, because I don't have a name yet lol.

Attached Files

#9 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 01:41 AM

This coaster is short but sweet. Looking forward to seeing more from you!

#10 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:18 AM

Have you weighted your cars or lubricated them. You seem to have lost a lot of speed very quickly. That said, I have no issue with the shaping of the track or the layout.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#11 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 06:31 AM

I think you could make a helix out of the last curve (the one next to the loop).
I like your style. It looks clean!

Posted Image

Coaster Count: 84

Check out My new Eurofighter

1- Colossos 2- Tatsu 3- Formula Rossa 4- Kraken 5- BlueFire 6- Hulk 7- Dragon Challenge 8- X2 9- Scream(SFMM) 10- Krake

#12 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 06:58 AM

That's some twisty stuff going on there!

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#13 dylpickled

dylpickled

Construction Foreman

• 215 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 01:37 PM

Have you weighted your cars or lubricated them. You seem to have lost a lot of speed very quickly. That said, I have no issue with the shaping of the track or the layout.

I don't know if I'm doing this right because I'm new. but they are weighted and I haven't lubed them because I don't know how. could you tell me?

#14 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 01:56 PM

Just find some silicone spray (not something like WD40) lubricant online or a shop somewhere and spray it onto the axles of the cars. Just make sure your cars are clean beforehand and kept in good condition. They'll travel so much further. If you can't do it just now then don't worry but certainly in future, it's something you can look into.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

Tyndrum

#15 dylpickled

dylpickled

Construction Foreman

• 215 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:11 PM

sorry about the quality, but after I cleaned the wheels and the track good, it made it once, then stopped making it. could cooking oil work for lube?

Attached Files

#16 WSWAoasters

WSWAoasters

• 198 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:59 PM

I can't see the video.
Idk about cooking oil, but do you maybe have some silicone based lubricant? Perhaps garage door lubricant? That's what I use, and it works very, very well! You could also try weighting your cars, assuming you haven't already. Anyways, I think you will be able to do this!

#17 dylpickled

dylpickled

Construction Foreman

• 215 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 06:44 PM

I can't see the video.
Idk about cooking oil, but do you maybe have some silicone based lubricant? Perhaps garage door lubricant? That's what I use, and it works very, very well! You could also try weighting your cars, assuming you haven't already. Anyways, I think you will be able to do this!

I know I can do this, it's practically finished! I use 2 AA batteries (one in front, one in back). I also heard silicone melts plastic.

#18 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 06:46 PM

It hasn't done my cars any damage after 3 years and I think everyone else is using it so if you were going to choose one, I would recommend it being silicone based.

Edited by CW5X, 10 January 2016 - 06:47 PM.

Tyndrum

#19 dylpickled

dylpickled

Construction Foreman

• 215 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:41 PM

I just oiled the wheels and I must say- WOW! it speeds through the whole layout and brakes! I'm tempted to add something, but I already cut the track to match up with the switch..

#20 dylpickled

dylpickled

Construction Foreman

• 215 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:29 PM

verbal update: I got a lot of speed back after I oiled my cars, so prepare for a whole new layout..