Sakura 7/26/16 COMPLETE

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:22 PM

Horrible puns aside, I think that I may actually be back to building now. I've moved into a much smaller home. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make any huge coasters like Ningen or Droplet. That won't stop me from making smaller coasters. Since I am now greatly limited on space, I'll have to be careful or something. *continues yapping* So, let's get to it. I've started working on a small twister woodie. It'll be an "out an back" style, if you will. I have taken some pictures of it as well as a test video. These pictures better not be upside down or I will, uh, give you a cookie.

Attached File  IMG_0157.JPG   190.7KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0158.JPG   178.9KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0160.JPG   215.48KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0162.JPG   139.56KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0163.JPG   164.63KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0164.JPG   180.59KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0165.JPG   157.63KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0167.JPG   160.49KB   0 downloads

Edited by SCM, 26 July 2016 - 08:46 AM.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#2 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 03:01 PM

I like the quick rise and dip. Would be lots of airtime in real life.

#3 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 03:23 PM

Looks like everyone is getting the itch to build again! That's great. This looks a lot like an element RMC wood build! (Probably because they did, on the Joker.) Do you think you have enough speed to raise one or both of the hills a bit more?

#4 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:16 PM

I WANT MY COOKIE!!! I know how you feel on the space limitations but it does force you to be inventive so I look forward to seeing the results.

Also, good throw. ;)

Edited by CW5X, 01 June 2016 - 04:17 PM.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#5 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 06:47 PM

Currently loving the trend of people throwing crap at their coasters to get them to go :D.

Also loving the coaster! Good work so far!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#6 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:32 AM

Looks really good, but like steel mentioned, it seems like it could be a little taller. I don't mind, though. I like this style better than just a straight down drop or something too normal like that ;D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#7 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 01:43 PM

Looks really good, but like steel mentioned, it seems like it could be a little taller. I don't mind, though. I like this style better than just a straight down drop or something too normal like that ;D

I made it taller. I don't really want to go too crazy with this, but that won't stop me from being "too normal". ;) 

I WANT MY COOKIE!!! I know how you feel on the space limitations but it does force you to be inventive so I look forward to seeing the results.

Also, good throw. ;)

Sorry, we're all out of cookies. The space limitations aren't as bad as I thought they would be. I've got some innovative-ish ideas that I think will do well in the future. Also, thanks. 

Looks like everyone is getting the itch to build again! That's great. This looks a lot like an element RMC wood build! (Probably because they did, on the Joker.) Do you think you have enough speed to raise one or both of the hills a bit more?

What if there was a condition where people literally had unbearable itches and the only cure was to build with knex... that would be weird. I have just enough speed to raise both hills a white rod taller. 

I like the quick rise and dip. Would be lots of airtime in real life.

Yes, yes. Lovely airtime. 

Currently loving the trend of people throwing crap at their coasters to get them to go :D.

Also loving the coaster! Good work so far!

It's mostly because I'm too lazy to make something to actually push the train. Thanks. 

Okie dokie lokie, it's time for an update. What's new? I have decided to go with a more elegant and peaceful theme. So, it is themed after Sakura, which is Japanese for cherry blossom. I made a logo for it, and the station is specially designed to look like a pagoda. Also, the station floor has a pinwheel design on it. Other things I have done are finished the lift hill and, made the pre-lift curve, and made this little turnaround thing. Also, don't forget to watch the test video at the end of this update. That's all I have to say for now. Have a good day. :) 
UGH.  there is just no winning against these upside-down pictures. I even made them upside down in hopes that they would be rightside-up. 

turnaroundoverview
turnaroundback
stationoverview
stationinterior
sakurareversed
pullout
prelift
pinwheel floor
peepview
overview
gearwork
doubledip

Edited by SCM, 11 June 2016 - 01:48 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#8 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:53 PM

Ah, the good old upside down picture conundrum. I have to say, this is looking very good with perfect pacing throughout. I like that funky station as well.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

Tyndrum

#9 dylpickled

dylpickled

Construction Foreman

• 215 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:26 PM

I'm loving this! I thing the turnaround is a bit too sharp though. Maybe spread it out more?

How do I upload a picture here omgg.

#10 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:05 AM

Ah, the good old upside down picture conundrum. I have to say, this is looking very good with perfect pacing throughout. I like that funky station as well.

Lol, yeah. Thanks. There will be more to come with the funky station area. 

I'm loving this! I thing the turnaround is a bit too sharp though. Maybe spread it out more?

Thanks. I think the turnaround is fine the way it is, plus spreading it out more would jeopardize the train's ability to complete the circuit. I don't want to take any risks with the trains all of  sudden refusing to make the layout. 

Okay forum, I have a small update. I've made a buckel that goes right under the lift. It makes a nice little head-chopper. 

sexy view
cool view
buckel overview
buckel exit
buckel entrance

Please comment, and have fun doing so! :D

Edit: SUCCESS! PICTURES are normal! Thank Celestia 

Edited by SCM, 16 June 2016 - 11:06 AM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#11 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 05:05 PM

You are making this twisty layout look mighty fine. :D Looking at this now, it kinda reminds me of the Crystal Beach Cyclone.

Tyndrum

#12 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 02:48 AM

I really like this twisty layout so far, please make it intertwine even more! Nice banking on that diving turn and buckel. Although I think you should smooth out the pullout before the buckel - I can see a sharp spot in the 2nd photo.

#13 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:09 AM

Ur such a weeb. In all seriousness though, that looks very smooth, and looks like an overall fun build!

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#14 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:53 PM

Oooh me like very much! ^_^ It's great to see you building again. I'm quite a fan of twisty style wooden coasters, it's perfect!

Signature not available 

#15 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:28 PM

I like the layout so far pretty creative! Can we get a test video btw?

#16 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:08 AM

I like it a lot. Like the original ideas in it.

PS: what did you do to make the pictures display correctly so we can tell others?

#17 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:34 PM

You are making this twisty layout look mighty fine. :D Looking at this now, it kinda reminds me of the Crystal Beach Cyclone.

Thanks. *looks that coaster up* I guess it kinda does. 

I really like this twisty layout so far, please make it intertwine even more! Nice banking on that diving turn and buckel. Although I think you should smooth out the pullout before the buckel - I can see a sharp spot in the 2nd photo.

Thanks. It'll intertwine a few more times before the ride finishes. I think I fixed the sharp spot. 

Ur such a weeb. In all seriousness though, that looks very smooth, and looks like an overall fun build!

Who, me? lol. Thanks. It's almost as fun as going to school. 

Oooh me like very much! ^_^ It's great to see you building again. I'm quite a fan of twisty style wooden coasters, it's perfect!

Thanks. It's good to be building again. I'm no weather man, but I predict a storm of upcoming new rides. :P

I like the layout so far pretty creative! Can we get a test video btw?

Thanks. You and your wants-to-see-test-videos ;)

I like it a lot. Like the original ideas in it.

PS: what did you do to make the pictures display correctly so we can tell others?

Thanks. For the pictures to display correctly, I first emailed them to myself and then I downloaded them. Then, I imported them into the SSC gallery and brought them into the thread from there. I don't know if this matters or not, but I took the pictures on a mobile device (iPod touch) and I downloaded them into a custom made folder that is directly linked for stuff to be downloaded as set up in Chrome. 

Okie dokie lokie, I have an update. This will probably be one of the last updates for this coaster. Anywho, please comment and have a nice day. ^_^

IMG 0255
IMG 0256
IMG 0258

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#18 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 05:00 PM

Very twisty indeed and it'll be super cool when it goes under that path. Are you going to be adding wide supports to this or leave it as is!

Tyndrum

#19 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:16 AM

^ Heh heh, I never said it would go under the path. ;) I'm most likely going to add wide supports to it once  all the track-work and station stuff is done. 

Here is an update! WOO! 

IMG 0262
IMG 0263
IMG 0265
IMG 0266
IMG 0267
IMG 0268

And of course, the test video: 

That's all I have for now. Have a good day! 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#20 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:52 PM

3/14... 3.14... pi=3.14 now I want some pie...

great shaping all round. Can't remember the last time a mine train coaster was constructed. Go for it SCM!

Edited by CartRacer56, 29 June 2016 - 11:20 AM.