Destruction - Eurofighter

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 WSWAoasters

WSWAoasters

• 198 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 02:34 AM

Well, It's been an extremely long time since I have been able to do this, but I finally started something new! Well... I guess as new as you can get when you are so excited that you leave the station up from the previous coaster, because you were so eager to build again. I'm sure that made no sense, so anyways, this new Eurofighter I am going to be making is going to be called destruction, I'm sure you were able to guess that. And I am hoping that it will be similar to the last one I had last summer before I tried to make the re-creation of rage at Adventure Island, Great Britain. Again, that was confusing, so here is a picture of it:

image%2025_zpsc6vs9mae.jpg

Now that you have somewhat of an idea, here are some pictures of the pre-lift of this new coaster:

DSCN1002_zpsghrcbci2.jpg

DSCN1001_zpsjqk5n48f.jpg

And here is a test video:

That's about it. Let me know if you have any ideas, thoughts, comments or questions!

Edited by WSWAoasters, 04 June 2016 - 02:34 AM.

• WSWAoasters likes this

#2 Dannnn

Dannnn

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:49 AM

Do you play minecraft? Can I join wswa? Do you play cod? Do you have an Xbox?

#3 Dannnn

Dannnn

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:54 AM

Does this forum have 4 wheel drive?

#4 Dannnn

Dannnn

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:54 AM

Does this forum have 4 wheel drive?

• Dannnn likes this

#5 WSWAoasters

WSWAoasters

• 198 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 09:00 AM

Do you play minecraft? Can I join wswa? Do you play cod? Do you have an Xbox?

No, sure, sometimes, yes.

I know it hasn't been long, but I have another update. I built the lift hill, placed the MCBR (possibly just a final breakrun) over the pre-lift and built the zero-g.Here are a few pictures: 

DSCN1055_zps8zqjr4qs.jpg

DSCN1054_zpsfblh4dus.jpg

DSCN1050_zpsr8eqrav3.jpg

DSCN1053_zps0g01hw2x.jpg

DSCN1051_zpsau7ztddg.jpg

DSCN1052_zps6i6oqewc.jpg

And a test video:

Edited by WSWAoasters, 06 June 2016 - 09:01 AM.

#6 dylpickled

dylpickled

Construction Foreman

• 215 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 09:09 AM

Looking great so far! I feel like you should get more speed out of the first element. Maybe make more tts connections? It looks like you only have one on each. Also when will the final video be out for the other coaster?

How do I upload a picture here omgg.

#7 Dannnn

Dannnn

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 09:11 AM

Dylpickled he's waiting to upload it so he gets more views

#8 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:59 AM

I too, think the first element could've been a little higher but regardless, I like where the layout is going.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#9 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:54 AM

I like this EuroFighter! It looks like a lot of fun to build. My favorite part is the serpent roll.

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#10 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:51 PM

Track really has a nice flow to it. Good job!

#11 KirbyCoast

KirbyCoast

• 340 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 07:06 PM

I think this could be a really interesting layout! Also I can't blame you for keeping the old station, it looks awesome! The only thing I would change is the immelman (I guess it is a sea serpent roll if you count the inversion after it, but I think the second inversion is fine), I think the part after the half loop looks a little weird. Also making it taller might help. Otherwise I really like it!

#12 WSWAoasters

WSWAoasters

• 198 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 08:46 PM

Looking great so far! I feel like you should get more speed out of the first element. Maybe make more tts connections? It looks like you only have one on each. Also when will the final video be out for the other coaster?

Thanks! I know I should make the first element bigger, but I am not sure if I am going to just yet. It will probably all come down to what else I am going to add the coaster. I will definitely add more supports. The release of the other video is going to be a surprise until I give you this hint - it's comin' up in exactly 47 days.

Dylpickled he's waiting to upload it so he gets more views

Why do you harass me this way? 

I too, think the first element could've been a little higher but regardless, I like where the layout is going.

Thank you!

I like this EuroFighter! It looks like a lot of fun to build. My favorite part is the serpent roll.

It has been a blast so far! I too am very happy with it, but there is something about the pre-lift that makes me really happy.

Track really has a nice flow to it. Good job!

Thanks!

I think this could be a really interesting layout! Also I can't blame you for keeping the old station, it looks awesome! The only thing I would change is the immelman (I guess it is a sea serpent roll if you count the inversion after it, but I think the second inversion is fine), I think the part after the half loop looks a little weird. Also making it taller might help. Otherwise I really like it!

Thank you! I agree, the second half of the Immelmann does look a bit odd, but I think I like it. I didn't know it right away, but I am trying to make this really unique. 

I'm back! I feel like I am going to build the way I always build, which is where I fly through the layout, but then I take a very long period of time fixing the supports and ugly bits of track. So don't worry just yet! Here are a few pictures of what I have made:

DSCN1077_zpshhlrncro.jpg

DSCN1075_zpsgvbfjxbr.jpg

DSCN1079_zpsschagcu3.jpg

DSCN1078_zpssqelkw1f.jpg

DSCN1074_zpsl4h3qzxb.jpg

DSCN1073_zpsjx1iutwv.jpg

And of course, a test video:

#13 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 07:53 AM

I think the entrance to the second roll is a bit too drawn out looks-wise but then again, I guess it would create a cool experience to ride on.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

Tyndrum

#14 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 02:54 PM

Maybe you can move the top of the roll more towards the start of the roll, making it a bit more symmetrical. But in general, I really like the flow of this ride and the clean look. Good job.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#15 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:06 PM

The roll reminds me of Steel's Clockwork kind of roll. I think it looks fine just how it is and this definitely flies through the layout!! Its kind of like an upside-down Shambhala element. Very cool.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#16 WSWAoasters

WSWAoasters

• 198 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 05:20 PM

I think the entrance to the second roll is a bit too drawn out looks-wise but then again, I guess it would create a cool experience to ride on.

I agree, I plan to fix that before the final video.

Maybe you can move the top of the roll more towards the start of the roll, making it a bit more symmetrical. But in general, I really like the flow of this ride and the clean look. Good job.

That is a very good idea - I'll have to try that. Thanks!

The roll reminds me of Steel's Clockwork kind of roll. I think it looks fine just how it is and this definitely flies through the layout!! Its kind of like an upside-down Shambhala element. Very cool.

I was thinking the same thing, however, from some angles it looks it a bit awkward. Thanks!

I know I have been posting very frequently, but after this update, I don't think I will have another one until I finish the coaster. Unless someone recommends I change the end of the coaster. In that case, there will probably be one more update before the final video. Anyways, I have pretty much finished the layout. I have a few things I need to fix, but that's about it. Here are some pictures of it:

DSCN1091_zpsnobolw0f.jpg

As you can see, it is kind of a boring ending, but I don't feel like thats much of an issue.

DSCN1083_zpszxfff2nm.jpg

DSCN1085_zps7ksdpyqu.jpg

DSCN1088_zps2gs0homg.jpg

Like I said, this will most likely be my last update until the final video. In the mean time, if you have any recommendations feel free to leave them, because I will continue checking this thread just incase someone has a better idea for the end of the ride. 

#17 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 05:30 PM

I don't think you'd have to much speed to do anything to outlandish anyway. Besides, this is cool little ride so why overcomplicate it? I think I almost want to have a go at a eurofighter again after Minotaur. The last (and only) one I've built was 2012.

Edited by CW5X, 10 June 2016 - 05:31 PM.

Tyndrum

#18 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 09:33 AM

Nice ride! Always an accomplishment to complete the ride and something to be proud of!

#19 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:45 AM

The station roof curves downwards? Yay. I like the lengthy pre-lift section. I can already tell that the 2nd and third inversions will make for some pretty dope shots for a video. 

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#20 dylpickled

dylpickled

Construction Foreman

• 215 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:30 PM

I love what you did with the two inversions! Reminds me of maverick and something else I can't remember :P . And I cant wait for the final video! And do you need a song?

Edited by dylpickled, 13 June 2016 - 06:31 PM.

How do I upload a picture here omgg.