Muzz's Pier - The Finished Pier and Eurofighter!

summer projects house cat *insert more tags here*

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 03:20 PM

Hello all! Its been a while since I posted anything I worked on... But today i present to you the start of my Summer Projects!
My plan for over this summer is to build a couple of different small projects rather than one large one. Because of their projected size, they'll probably only have two or three updates each so my plan is to keep them all in the one big thread rather than annoy everyone by posting a new thread each week.

Anyway its time you all met a friend of mine (and the project he's sitting on ;) )

image_zpsekjjusla.jpeg

- Muzz

Edited by Muzz135, 05 February 2019 - 04:53 PM.

#2 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 03:50 PM

My house cat is in the process of stealing my mum's spot on the sofa while she rushes around doing things. :D

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#3 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:33 PM

That has the looks of a ferris wheel... But why would it be in the coaster construction thread? This has my attention...

#4 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 09:42 PM

^I think his project might include a coaster in the future, and it's a park, so I think that's why he put it here. I see no problem so far, and it looks really cool!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#5 REXENK

REXENK

Learner of the tubes

• 216 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 09:51 PM

It's gotta be a flat ride.... It looks great though. I could Imagine it being real. I was thinking it might be a swinging ship ride??

Posted Image

Thanks ~steelspectrum~!

#6 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:59 AM

My house cat is in the process of stealing my mum's spot on the sofa while she rushes around doing things. :D

At least shes not chewing your tubing!

That has the looks of a ferris wheel... But why would it be in the coaster construction thread? This has my attention...

Yup its a ferris wheel! And its in here as there will be a coaster or two involved later on.

^I think his project might include a coaster in the future, and it's a park, so I think that's why he put it here. I see no problem so far, and it looks really cool!

Its kind of a park... ;) Thanks!

It's gotta be a flat ride.... It looks great though. I could Imagine it being real. I was thinking it might be a swinging ship ride??

Thanks and I was thinking of making one but went with the ferris wheel in the end :P

~~~~~~~~~~

So guys, I have finished the Ferris Wheel with an entrance and exit path included! its not massive but I'm really happy with it :)

On to the Pictures!

First Overview:

image_zpszxlkxm8h.jpeg

Entrance area, with spiral stairs and a little gate  B)

image_zpsihlr0f1o.jpeg

Exit paths (both sides have one-way gates too)

image_zpsdnzer3fd.jpeg

Second Overview

image_zpsk0mr8htg.jpeg

And finally, a little video!  :D

- Muzz

#7 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:09 AM

Dang. That is extremely detailed, and I love it every single bit. I am very excited for what's next!

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#8 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 08:03 AM

Nice. But why could it possibly be in the coaster construction section? ;) ;) ;) ;)

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

Tyndrum

#9 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 03:10 PM

^Because it's going to be a park 😂

I'm in complete awe about this wheel. I think this is the most beautiful one of all time. It's very detailed and the green and white go so well together. I will continue to be impressed with this every time I see it. You'll have to pull off a really nice coaster to compliment the wheel ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#10 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:25 AM

Looks great, a very clean model for sure! Maybe the addition of a queue line in the front and a station gate or two would make this ride look even better!

Edited by IOAgeek, 15 July 2016 - 08:26 AM.

#11 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 12:51 PM

^Stole the words right out of my mouth. It is very clean. Love how the color scheme matches, although IMHO, the green supports on a green wheel don't allow the wheel to pop out as much.

[SIGPIC]

Signature (Current)

[/SIGPIC]

“Reality continues to ruin my life.” ― Bill Watterson

#12 WSWAoasters

WSWAoasters

• 198 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 01:46 PM

I always find myself feeling like you can't really make things look very good out of K'nex. I don't know if it's just because I don't really know how to make something detailed or what, but every single time someone makes something like this, they prove me wrong all over again. Another fantastic build, good sir! I can't wait to see what what else you have in store!

#13 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:55 AM

Dang. That is extremely detailed, and I love it every single bit. I am very excited for what's next!

Thank you very much! :)

Nice. But why could it possibly be in the coaster construction section? ;) ;) ;) ;)

Thats a good question! :P

^Because it's going to be a park 😂

I'm in complete awe about this wheel. I think this is the most beautiful one of all time. It's very detailed and the green and white go so well together. I will continue to be impressed with this every time I see it. You'll have to pull off a really nice coaster to compliment the wheel ;)

Wow...Thanks! Its always great to read such a great comment, makes me proud of what I build! :D

Looks great, a very clean model for sure! Maybe the addition of a queue line in the front and a station gate or two would make this ride look even better!

There are actually some entrance/exit gates but I didn't want to add too much so thats why there isn't much of a queue line.

^Stole the words right out of my mouth. It is very clean. Love how the color scheme matches, although IMHO, the green supports on a green wheel don't allow the wheel to pop out as much.

Thank you for being honest! I actually considered what you said for a while and looked at the different colours I could use but in the end stuck with what I had as I think it fits best.

I always find myself feeling like you can't really make things look very good out of K'nex. I don't know if it's just because I don't really know how to make something detailed or what, but every single time someone makes something like this, they prove me wrong all over again. Another fantastic build, good sir! I can't wait to see what what else you have in store!

Thank you! Sometimes when I'm doing detail I often work out new connection methods I never knew about :P

~~~~~~~~~~

Hello again everyone! Thank you for the great comments!

So,since the last update I split up the Ferris Wheel and flat packed it ;)

image_zpsj9twt2ob.jpeg

And after I split up the Wheel I started up a new project! So for now Ill leave you with a little teaser and then ill update with a video and some good photos at the weekend :)

image_zpslwiifw0z.jpeg

- Muzz

#14 frank

frank

Construction Foreman

• 246 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 09:23 AM

Its a drop tower  ;)

#15 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 03:24 PM

Derp twer. Obviously coming with fully automated launch, triple drop and rotating car features. ;)

Tyndrum

#16 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 04:51 PM

Its a drop tower ;)

No! Really? I thought it was a dog...

On a serious note, I would like to say that this is an excellent start to a drop tower, and will fit perfectly into your mini park. Summer heat ends in 30 days, so if I were you, I'd get started on your big coaster project...

Edited by Spaghetti, 01 August 2016 - 04:52 PM.

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#17 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:43 PM

I don't think it's a drop tower. Probably a Windseeker-type ride, or if we're lucky, a Huss Condor  :rfro:

I like the design of the tower though. Looks strong.

#18 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 12:06 AM

Looks awesome so far! Can we get a pic of the drop car too? What kind of automation system do you use for the drop ride btw?

#19 WSWAoasters

WSWAoasters

• 198 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 02:52 PM

I can't wait to see where this goes! it looks great so far!

#20 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:49 AM

Its a drop tower  ;)

Indeed it is...

Derp twer. Obviously coming with fully automated launch, triple drop and rotating car features. ;)

Thought I'd save that one for a rainy day (not that theres a shortage of them :P )

No! Really? I thought it was a dog...

On a serious note, I would like to say that this is an excellent start to a drop tower, and will fit perfectly into your mini park. Summer heat ends in 30 days, so if I were you, I'd get started on your big coaster project...

Thanks and I will be starting it as soon as I am home from my holiday (in like 10 days or something). However my plan is to draw out all the elements on squared paper while I'm here so I know exactly how the boxes around them should be - this will make the build very fast as ive basically made my own instructions - then once its all together I'll switch them out for tubes :)

I don't think it's a drop tower. Probably a Windseeker-type ride, or if we're lucky, a Huss Condor  :rfro:

I like the design of the tower though. Looks strong.

Unfortunately no Huss Conder :(

Looks awesome so far! Can we get a pic of the drop car too? What kind of automation system do you use for the drop ride btw?

The ride isn't going to be automated, just a manual control for simplicity.

I can't wait to see where this goes! it looks great so far!

Thank you! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello again everyone! 

Sorry this update is a little later than I said (stupid holiday wifi) but here is the finished Drop Tower and a BIG reveal for my overall project!

So my plan for this year's Summer Heat's boardwalk theme is exactly as it says on the tin: A Boardwalk! The whole project will have the main Pier, which will have the Wheel, Tower, Stalls and possibly another ride. Then in addition to that I will have a coaster on the land next to the pier! The whole thing is inspired by Galveston Pier, which will be used for my entry.

Anyway, enough blether, on to the pictures!

Close up of the drop car (dusted off the Micro Knex for this one :P ) :

DSC_0215_zpsqiq5vq8m.jpg

Entrace to the platform with stairs, a gate and operation/ticket booth:

DSC_0214_zpsg23yfepx.jpg

Exit stairs, again with a gate (kind of an overview too) :

DSC_0216_zpstoe3kvdw.jpg

Overview of everything - wheel isn't set up at I didn't want to leave it up over the holiday (NOTE: the base isnt warping, its just an odd photo)

DSC_0212_zps74gyaert.jpg

And the pilars to keep the whoile thing up out the water! ;)

DSC_0217_zpsw5077r5g.jpg

Finally, a test video! (please excuse my arm :P)

Hope you all liked the little unvieling! Please tell me what you all think!

- Muzz