Muzz's Pier - The Finished Pier and Eurofighter!

summer projects house cat *insert more tags here*

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 rgarner42

rgarner42

Construction Foreman

• 203 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 03:33 PM

This all looks very well done, I love the pier. Now get making the coaster :P Will it fit entirely on the pier, or should we expect something bigger?

#22 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 07:24 PM

Staff? Is it possible for Muzz to be disqualified for taking this too seriously and adding too much detail?

Seriously though, not sure how anyone is going to beat your flawless builds that are going into this mini-park.

#23 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 02:41 AM

Yes absolutely. Far too detailed for sure. Wish I could build a drop tower that actually looked like a drop tower. There's a reason I don't really do flat rides. ;) Great stuff.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#24 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 04:31 PM

So it's been a little while:
First I was on holiday for two weeks and through school, training and laziness I haven't built a huge amount. My goal was to enter Summer Heat however this is too close to be sure I will manage it. As of now the Pier itself is 85% complete with its three rides. I just need to put it together and add my themeing.
The next part of the project is the landmass that the pier connects to: it has been built but I have not built much in it - only a lift tower + the drop (it will be a custom style eurofighter when finished).
Final things to mention is that I will be trying to complete this full project, however I may need more than a week to do so :P. And also I am very sorry for not updating but photo bucket has been a pain in the ass and won't let me move photos (I like it organised so wouldn't be able to creat stable links in the current folders).
Anyway.... Here is the Kiddy Coaster that none of you actually knew about ;)

The coaster itself is finished, all that needs to be added is the flooring and the station + booth. Please note that this is my fully weighted and lubed train which is for bigger coasters so it is a bit too fast - I will be preparing another train for the final video.
Thanks for reading all this guys (if you did :P)

- Muzz

#25 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 04:37 PM

Nice little Wacky Worm you got there ;).

I really do like it. Can't wait to see it assembled

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#26 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 04:42 PM

Okay, what is up with the way it moves? The train seems to move so realistically and the photography seems so smooth, it's weird... The build is pretty cute, but I've never seen this kind of fluid movement from a train.

Edit: EXPERTS HATE HIM

Edited by Mister Piglette, 22 September 2016 - 04:46 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#27 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 05:47 PM

^ Got a good laugh out of that final comment GreenPig :P

So another few weeks have past and I have been chipping away at my build. Unfortunately I have not managed to do as much as I would have liked as I am pretty busy with school, training and applying to University at the moment.
Since the last update I finished the Wacky Worm coaster station which I have to say looks quite nice ;). Also, I have built the last mass which literally ate my collection but has great strength and a considerable size to it. On top of that (literally) I have built around half of my big coaster project: a custom styled Eurofighter. This coaster is to be a mix of Intamin, Gerstlauer and B&M with a consistent red, grey and green colour scheme.

Anyway I apologise once again for having now picture - I just don't have time right now - however the next update should have good photos showing the finished Pier and what I manage to complete on this coaster in the meantime.
Enough babble, onto the video!

~~~~~~~~~~

Please leave some comments guys as its great to know what you all think of the build!

- Muzz

#28 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 07:03 PM

Gosh, this thing is gorgeous. 

Fantastic job. 

You had the same concept as me, but executed much better than I could have ever done.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#29 dgohstand

dgohstand

Construction Foreman

• 198 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 09:36 PM

Dangggg! That looks sweet! I can't wait to see the final product! 

How do you build a coaster?

#30 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 09:41 PM

Well I'll be darned. This thing just has to be outstanding... That doesn't move one bit!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#31 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 10:16 PM

I think the middle of the cobra roll needs a tad bit more banking to make it look better, the shaping of the elements looks good and has limited shaking too. Wonder whats next for the layout, maybe a corkscrew or barrel roll?

Edited by IOAgeek, 03 November 2016 - 10:16 PM.

#32 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 06:08 PM

Haven't checked in on this in a while but I'm glad I did now. Both coasters look great. If you need any pieces, I'm not using a lot of mine right now if you need to make the mass bigger or do... many, many other things as well. I love where this is going. Maybe over Christmas I'll get to see it properly working. ;)

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#33 coastercrazy10

coastercrazy10

Mad Scientist

• 7008 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 02:15 PM

This all looks outstanding.  Well done.

-Ben

SSCoasters Staff | The SSCoasters Forum Rules
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign | Computer Science & Mathematics
Posted Image
Fireball | Kingda Ka | Inclination | Diamondback

#34 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 02:34 PM

That color scheme and ride layout is to die for! I'm especially loving the pretzel knot, even from this angle. TBH I like how the cobra roll is now. It gives it an intimidating flare. 

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#35 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 11:33 AM

This all looks outstanding.  Well done.

-Ben

You know you've made it when CC10 comes back just to compliment your coaster  ^_^

I love that eurofighter so, so much. It reminds me of Celsius, but this has a way better layout. Great use of terrain. That airhill into the underground cobra roll is one of the coolest element combinations I've seen in a while.

And I'm glad someone else is giving micro chain on a SS coaster a try. It's so much better than the regular SS chain.

#36 MrRemcoStyle

MrRemcoStyle

dream'n

• 378 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 08:19 AM

This is exactly what i think that is good and realistic eurofighter! Really looking forward to when this whole project is done.

Posted Image

#37 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 04:49 PM

Hello all!

I have revived the thread to show you all what the finishing product actually was!! Just note all of this has since been dismantled  :(  but has also been videod (you might get that in another year or two  ;)

Hope you all like looking through the pictures and I really appreciate any comments you guys give!  :D

~~~~~

The full Pier model as a whole (with the Eurofighter, Ferris Wheel, Drop Tower and Kiddie Coaster):

Attached File  DSC_0568.JPG   131.23KB   5 downloads

Attached File  DSC_0617.JPG   170KB   1 downloads

Attached File  DSC_0639.JPG   192.46KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DSC_0634.JPG   129.18KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DSC_0643.JPG   101.55KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DSC_0626.JPG   157.4KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DSC_0636.JPG   188.76KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DSC_0648.JPG   174.06KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DSC_0627.JPG   171.15KB   0 downloads

~~~~~

And finally the Eurofighter on its own:

Attached File  DSC_0659.JPG   159.93KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DSC_0701.JPG   126.93KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DSC_0705.JPG   153.23KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DSC_0708.JPG   133.49KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DSC_0713.JPG   142.28KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DSC_0714.JPG   110.28KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DSC_0721.JPG   144.17KB   3 downloads

~~~~~

Thanks again for the support guys, I really hope I can make a video for this (and Chicane  :rolleyes: ) at some point!

- Muzz  B)

• rgarner42 and sean9782 like this

#38 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:56 PM

This is amazing! It's been a while since I've seen a pretzel knot. I love the flooring and the water. Speaking of which, the fact that you put water underneath the pier just goes to show that you went that extra mile for scenery and stuff, which is what really won me over! (thumbsup) 

• Muzz135 likes this

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#39 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:12 PM

What?! Three years later?! Haha, this is amazing. The whole pier is so aesthetically pleasing and I am angry you kept it from the world for so long.

• Muzz135 likes this

#40 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:13 PM

That's such an aesthetically pleasing build! The scenery looks top notch and the attention to detail is incredible. Nice work!

• Muzz135 likes this

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25