hyper coaster b&m europa park germany

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 06:23 PM

Let's cut straight to the chase here. No messing around. I've wanted to do this for years and after getting to ride it this summer, I can't wait any longer.

Attached File  image.jpeg   149.97KB   4 downloads

Attached File  image.jpeg   190.35KB   0 downloads

Attached File  image.jpeg   108.57KB   1 downloads

The supports on the lift are obviously temporary but I'll leave the blue rod track spine underneath the whole track so I can move it around easily. It's probably a stupid time to be starting this but whatever. Since this ride is trimmed to hell, I'm hoping it won't be too hard to complete. Lots of lovely straight drops as well. Probably should've done this instead of attempting Fury last year.

:D

Edited by CW5X, 10 September 2017 - 07:39 AM.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#2 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:27 PM

I knew you were too enthusiastic about this to wait until the summer to start building ;)

#3 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:44 AM

Looks good so far, I dont like how you wasted tons of blue three d's on the drop support. If you put the gray three d's in place of them it would looks much better and would only take a minute or two to change them. The support would still be as strong as before too. Try to make this recreation without any boosters with a 6 or 7 car train.

Edited by IOAgeek, 19 December 2016 - 11:46 AM.

#4 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 12:56 PM

This is going to be great if it's anything like Gargantuan! Are you using a combo of box and tube supports this time?

#5 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:19 PM

Good luck. Can't wait to see this baby all tubed up!

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#6 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:00 AM

I knew you were too enthusiastic about this to wait until the summer to start building ;)

Oh yeah! I wonder how you could possible tell? ;)

Looks good so far, I dont like how you wasted tons of blue three d's on the drop support. If you put the gray three d's in place of them it would looks much better and would only take a minute or two to change them. The support would still be as strong as before too. Try to make this recreation without any boosters with a 6 or 7 car train.

That's my goal to not use boosters. I was actually having a couple of problems with the pieces coming apart when I did anything to the supports so I'll probably just leave them. I find the 7-way connectors grip better, especially when moving stuff around. Thanks :D

This is going to be great if it's anything like Gargantuan! Are you using a combo of box and tube supports this time?

Pretty much. That box spine will be staying and I'll be using my special variation of tubes so I can save greys for the track like I did with Gargantuan. Thank you.

Good luck. Can't wait to see this baby all tubed up!

I can't either. Should be real fun when it is. :D

I've been working on the drop a bit since it's one of the few bits I can actually get mostly together right now. The weather is crap since we currently have a winter storm coming over but there's plenty to pre-build with this ride so I still have lots of stuff to do. The drop structure is definitely bringing back some Gargantuan memories as I guess it's very similar to the original drop that Gargantuan had before I rebuilt it entirely but I think this structure works better for this purpose. Can't wait to assemble this thing.

Attached File  image.jpeg   179.58KB   0 downloads

Attached File  image.jpeg   109.12KB   0 downloads

Attached File  image.jpeg   179.13KB   1 downloads

Attached File  image.jpeg   110.75KB   2 downloads

The storm should hopefully be over by my birthday but I'll be busy right through to then anyway. This may be one of those projects that doesn't look like much and then pings up at the end. I might be totally wrong though. :D

Edited by CW5X, 22 December 2016 - 08:00 AM.

• Zorn likes this

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

Tyndrum

#7 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 11:02 AM

This may be one of those projects that doesn't look like much and then pings up at the end. I might be totally wrong though. :D

Don't kid yourself, this is going to be a great build to watch from start to finish. The drop's shaping looks perfect as far as I can tell. Are you finding it easier to shape since you're using the blue-rod boxes to support the track this time? It seems like the track should hold its shape a lot better.

#8 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:02 PM

God, this makes me want to get back into building big coasters, though that won't be for another 7-8 months at least.

The drop looks awesome, I like the Balrog-esque support style you're going for, I think it's a good choice and hope it works out for you. I can't wait to see the next update!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#9 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:30 PM

Looks good for what I can tell, I like the drop a lot so far I would just say support the track on the drop better since you'll be using a 6 car train I am assuming so you need to save tons of sped as possible to finsh the layout which I think you can. Maybe do some updates outside so we can get a test video too!!

#10 rgarner42

rgarner42

Construction Foreman

• 203 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:59 AM

Seeing this has made me get my k'nex back out over the holidays :D 

Its looking pretty good so far!

I think it's probably better using the box spine on a coaster of this size, especially when you're going to be moving it about. It should keep its shape better than Gargantuan. 

Also are those the tubes you'll be using for the whole ride? I think they should be chunkier. 

Looking forward to the next update. 

#11 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:06 PM

I am very, very excited to see that you are building on a recreation of this coaster! I might need some extra photos from other angles to be absolutely sure, but from what I can see the shaping of the drop looks good. Great work!

Posted Image

#12 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:57 PM

Don't kid yourself, this is going to be a great build to watch from start to finish. The drop's shaping looks perfect as far as I can tell. Are you finding it easier to shape since you're using the blue-rod boxes to support the track this time? It seems like the track should hold its shape a lot better.

Hopefully it will be fun to watch from now. I think the track will be pretty easy once the supports are the right proportions. I just need to figure out a couple of things and then it should be good. Thanks :D

God, this makes me want to get back into building big coasters, though that won't be for another 7-8 months at least.

The drop looks awesome, I like the Balrog-esque support style you're going for, I think it's a good choice and hope it works out for you. I can't wait to see the next update!

Thank you. This choice was inspired by Balrog.

Looks good for what I can tell, I like the drop a lot so far I would just say support the track on the drop better since you'll be using a 6 car train I am assuming so you need to save tons of sped as possible to finsh the layout which I think you can. Maybe do some updates outside so we can get a test video too!!

I think all of them will be outside from now on. At least I can leave it outside now. It's got pretty warm for us recently. Thank you.

Seeing this has made me get my k'nex back out over the holidays :D
Its looking pretty good so far!
I think it's probably better using the box spine on a coaster of this size, especially when you're going to be moving it about. It should keep its shape better than Gargantuan.
Also are those the tubes you'll be using for the whole ride? I think they should be chunkier.
Looking forward to the next update.

I use these tubes just so I can spread my pieces around a bit. I have a few long grey rods but not overwhelming numbers for my collection size. I may replace them near the end on the more noticeable onces if I have the parts. These are surprisingly strong for what they look like.

I am very, very excited to see that you are building on a recreation of this coaster! I might need some extra photos from other angles to be absolutely sure, but from what I can see the shaping of the drop looks good. Great work!

Have some more angles now :D

I guess I did get quite a bit done over Christmas. I haven't built anything new since then. Still not happy with a couple of spots in the drop but a work in progress is never perfect.
Attached File  IMG_0113.JPG   248.34KB   1 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0114.JPG   197.91KB   0 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0115.JPG   145.1KB   0 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0116.JPG   193.82KB   1 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0117.JPG   202.39KB   0 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0118.JPG   262.47KB   1 downloads

I think these pictures are sideways. Don't know why but hopefully it isn't too much of an issue.

Thanks for reading :D

Tyndrum

#13 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:30 PM

It all actually looks stunning. There's something about a coaster without tubing that I enjoy. I would just support it more and continue the building frenzy!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#14 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:42 AM

This looks fantastic! Better than gargantuan, I wonder...?
Just remember to weight the trains well ;)

#15 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:20 AM

Homina homina homina... nowhere near being complete and it's already mind-blowing. 

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#16 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 08:59 AM

ouuuu that looks pretty stunning O__O  I think I should try box supports next time building a coaster as well because these look so accurate! 

#17 Inswerver

Inswerver

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 02:29 PM

wow its been a while. this looks great and pretty acurate though ive not been on the actual coaster. cant wait to see whats in store!

I shall deal with this Jedi slime, Myself!

#18 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 02:59 PM

It all actually looks stunning. There's something about a coaster without tubing that I enjoy. I would just support it more and continue the building frenzy!

Thank you. Here's some more without tubing.

This looks fantastic! Better than gargantuan, I wonder...?
Just remember to weight the trains well ;)

Yes. I'll be hopefully setting them up tomorrow and I'll do it properly this time ;) Thanks

Homina homina homina... nowhere near being complete and it's already mind-blowing.

Thank you :D

ouuuu that looks pretty stunning O__O I think I should try box supports next time building a coaster as well because these look so accurate!

The box spine is certainly useful for getting a decently supported track shape. Quite piece consuming but if you can do it and make it look right, then it seems to work well. Thank you.

wow its been a while. this looks great and pretty acurate though ive not been on the actual coaster. cant wait to see whats in store!

Thank you :D

I've got quite a bit more work done on it. It's still untested but I plan to rectify that very soon (maybe tomorrow because the weather will be nice). I think it will probably make it to the turnaround but after that, it's anybody's guess. On the subject of the turnaround, I don't think I've got it quite right yet but I wanted to see how it would fit in with the rest so I just kept going.
Attached File  IMG_0123.JPG   178.54KB   1 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0124.JPG   194.36KB   1 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0125.JPG   197.27KB   1 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0126.JPG   246.75KB   0 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0127.JPG   284.54KB   0 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0129.JPG   240.56KB   2 downloads

I'm just in the process of changing a few colours around at the moment to make it look a bit more unified and then I'll test it and get back to work on actually finishing bits.

Edited by CW5X, 30 May 2017 - 03:01 PM.

Tyndrum

#19 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 03:20 PM

Huge knex hypercoasters are just breathtaking... I was gonna say your hills seemed tiny compared to the lift, and then I saw the real thing. All those trim brakes lol. I think the turnaround should be wider judging by this picture,

1275093210_small.jpg

but you probably already knew that. Really nice work otherwise! You're pretty much almost done!

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#20 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 03:45 PM

Huge knex hypercoasters are just breathtaking... I was gonna say your hills seemed tiny compared to the lift, and then I saw the real thing. All those trim brakes lol. I think the turnaround should be wider judging by this picture,
 1275093210_small.jpg
but you probably already knew that. Really nice work otherwise! You're pretty much almost done!

Hmmm. Well I had it one blue rod wider before and it was too wide. I think the problem is that it rises too much on entry and then isn't steep enough at the top. I'll figure it out but it's definitely not a completed work. Shouldn't be too hard to mess around with.

Tyndrum