hyper coaster b&m europa park germany

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 rgarner42

rgarner42

Construction Foreman

• 203 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 04:28 PM

I can't fault this.  I prefer it to gargantuan, it looks sturdier and better shaped. I'm happy there's no mid course lift hill, they can be difficult to avoid on recreations of this size. 

Can't wait for the final video! (Any chance of a HD video to do it justice?)

Edited by rgarner42, 02 July 2017 - 04:30 PM.

#42 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:02 PM

That final hill was always going to be an ambitious attempt :P
I might be able to come round tomorrow to work on things for a few hours but will need to check.

Le lol :D

You have GOT to use that 12 car train, even if it's just for the ending credits or something. Can you direct me to the supernatural realm where you got that train from? It doesn't listen to friction... 

Well half of it is mine and the other half is Murray's which is very quick. Both of them together seems to be a good combination. Good for testing the sturdiness of the supports though. :D

I want to see it run with a train long enough to cover every point of the helix :P. It probably would not even make it there but it would be hilarious. 

Well I have lots of cars so... maybe.

Looks good so far, the speed is pretty nice through the layout. I like the 7 car train as well. Just make sure you support that upward helix so you have enough speed to make it back to the break run still. Is the train fully weighted btw?

The train is weighted but not lubed again. I have no doubt it will work well for the completed coaster. :D

I can't fault this.  I prefer it to gargantuan, it looks sturdier and better shaped. I'm happy there's no mid course lift hill, they can be difficult to avoid on recreations of this size. 

Can't wait for the final video! (Any chance of a HD video to do it justice?)

The HD video is kind of an awkward one since I use movie maker but the quality's usually not too awful. I'll see what happens.

Cheeky little ending update here. I'm not quite happy with with the shaping of the last bit but it's not too bad and it works nicely for now.

Attached File  Silverstar end 1.JPG   257.86KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Silverstar end 2.jpg   62.57KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Silverstar end 3.jpg   302.17KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Silverstar end 4.jpg   262.64KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Silverstar end 5.jpg   220.33KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Silverstar end 6.jpg   243.24KB   0 downloads

And a test:

Nearly done. I'll work on some of the details tonight and maybe through the week. Much busy though. Thanks for the comments as always. :D

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#43 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:04 PM

The only problem really seems to be the banking in the last two turns, other than that its alright.  If this were me I'd also lower the hill before the turns slightly to get a bit better pacing, but that's a very minor thing.

#44 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:21 PM

I agree on what ^ said about the banking, but I think only the first turn really needs more banking. Maybe the turn could also start to rise a bit earlier too, but I might be a bit picky here. It's amazing to see this thing being almost finished!

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#45 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:41 AM

Looks really good to me, just add those catwalks to the MCBR and final brake run btw! How many 12v motors do you have as well?

Edited by IOAgeek, 10 July 2017 - 07:42 AM.

#46 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:41 PM

The only problem really seems to be the banking in the last two turns, other than that its alright. If this were me I'd also lower the hill before the turns slightly to get a bit better pacing, but that's a very minor thing.

Sometimes it's a bit faster. Other times not. It like the way it's proportioned so I'll probably keep it. I did smooth out the last turn a bit though. Thank you.

I agree on what ^ said about the banking, but I think only the first turn really needs more banking. Maybe the turn could also start to rise a bit earlier too, but I might be a bit picky here. It's amazing to see this thing being almost finished!

Yep. It's basically done now. Maybe I'll do a couple more things but nothing major. Thanks.

Looks really good to me, just add those catwalks to the MCBR and final brake run btw! How many 12v motors do you have as well?

I'm just using a drill as I only have one of those motors but it keeps things simple anyway. The catwalks have been added now so it's there. :D

Just a few pictures of the lift hill arrangements and a couple of other things to finish it off. I'll probably be filming next Monday if the weather holds.
Attached File  IMG_0183.JPG   172.12KB   2 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0184.JPG   273.16KB   2 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0185.JPG   164.9KB   1 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0187.JPG   191.56KB   1 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0188.JPG   244.3KB   1 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0189.JPG   282.31KB   2 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0190.JPG   193.56KB   2 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0191.JPG   201.03KB   1 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0192.JPG   216.71KB   1 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0193.JPG   145.16KB   1 downloads

Sooooooo close now :D Thanks for reading.

Edited by CW5X, 24 July 2017 - 04:43 PM.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

Tyndrum

#47 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:48 PM

This better get a 100% in the rides database. Looking real sexy - uncensored (no tubing). ;) 

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#48 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:07 PM

I like the trim break catwalk lol, you should add some spiral stairs coming off of that for even more realism lol. What kinds of breaks are you using for the coaster and do you leave your trains outside or take them inside each night?

#49 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:21 PM

You put fake trims on every hill lol! Can't wait to see the final video!

39751.png

#50 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:08 PM

Shall we add real trims and use my train? ;)

#51 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:29 PM

I love the details you put on this coaster. The trim catwalks look really nice and realistic. This has to be one of the most beautiful knex coasters built in a while.

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#52 Zorn

Zorn

I build stuff

• 1108 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:56 AM

Fantastic looking coaster, i'm digging it!

Check me out

Youtube

#53 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:53 PM

Fantastic looking coaster, i'm digging it!

Thank you.

I love the details you put on this coaster. The trim catwalks look really nice and realistic. This has to be one of the most beautiful knex coasters built in a while.

I do like adding little details that are easy to do. Thanks   :D

Shall we add real trims and use my train? ;)

I fixed my train so it went pretty quickly in the end. It had to at some point but I was just happy with it make the course everytime. ;)

You put fake trims on every hill lol! Can't wait to see the final video!

Because the real trims are just unnecessary, mine are too. :D

I like the trim break catwalk lol, you should add some spiral stairs coming off of that for even more realism lol. What kinds of breaks are you using for the coaster and do you leave your trains outside or take them inside each night?

Kinda ran out of the right pieces to make stairs look good but the rest is there. I think I just ended up stuffing a couple of flexi rods into the cross-ties. With the pace it went, it didn't really need much in the way of brakes anyway. And yes, I do take my trains inside. They'd get wet and horrible otherwise. Thanks.

This better get a 100% in the rides database. Looking real sexy - uncensored (no tubing). ;)

Haha. I'm not all about that though (honest ;)). Thank you.

I've been really busy with a holiday and another placement over the last 3 weeks and kinda got out of the loop a little bit. I still have to make the final video but I do have some K'nexy smexy pictures of the final thing. Usually I have some kind of plan for what I want from the video right when I start building but this time I've had a little bit of a block with what song to use and what shots. I have it all filmed but no real brainwaves have come over the last month but I'll do my best as always.

Attached File  DSC_09691.JPG   163.37KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DSC_09701.JPG   170.37KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DSC_09711.JPG   178.59KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DSC_09721.JPG   180.48KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DSC_09741.JPG   173.72KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DSC_09751.JPG   222.82KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DSC_09761.JPG   188.05KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DSC_09781.JPG   193.27KB   0 downloads

My POV camera's battery decided to die so I had to improvise a little using a cheap USB charger. Money well spent.

Attached File  DSC_09791.JPG   105.6KB   0 downloads

Tempted to go for something more laid back for the video after giving it a quick think while these photos uploaded. Maybe some 'By the Way' era RHCP perhaps? Could work out. I guess you'll see soon. I want to get it done in the next few days.

Thank you for reading as always. :D

Tyndrum

#54 dylpickled

dylpickled

Construction Foreman

• 215 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:10 PM

Another great coaster completed by you! Love the way it turned out, never a disappointment ;).

How do I upload a picture here omgg.

#55 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:18 PM

Looks really nice now that it's completely done and you put tubing on! Something by RHCP could be pretty nice, I think someone used Torture Me for a flying coaster, but I forgot who it was. I actually started listening to Californiacation, Stadium Arcadium, and By The Way a lot the past summer.

39751.png

#56 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 07:25 PM

I hope you captured (or didn't capture) the overgrown base structure in the video, cause it gives it a really clean tube support look ;)
As always another fantastic coaster, both in photo form and in person! Can't wait till the next one!

#57 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:38 AM

Another great coaster completed by you! Love the way it turned out, never a disappointment ;).

Thank you :D

Looks really nice now that it's completely done and you put tubing on! Something by RHCP could be pretty nice, I think someone used Torture Me for a flying coaster, but I forgot who it was. I actually started listening to Californiacation, Stadium Arcadium, and By The Way a lot the past summer.

I did think about those sorts of songs but short of time, I just went with something I was more familiar with. Thanks.

I hope you captured (or didn't capture) the overgrown base structure in the video, cause it gives it a really clean tube support look ;)
As always another fantastic coaster, both in photo form and in person! Can't wait till the next one!

Thanks for your help as always.

Well, at last, here is the final video, long in the making. I'm sure you're used to my style of video by now and this doesn't stray too much out of the normal format but considering I filmed it about a month ago and have only just made the video, it's good enough for me.

Well, I hope you enjoyed this build. I said at the beginning it would be very stop/start and it did turn out like that. Depending on the time I have, whether I make another big coaster is up in the air but if I have a large enough amount of guaranteed time to build then, of course, I will plan something. Nothing is in the pipelines just now though. Thanks for all the comments and support as always and enjoy the video. :D

• G Force likes this

Tyndrum

#58 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:29 AM

Awesome final video, I like it a lot. I would only say I wish there was a little bit of brakes on the mcbr and final brakes because it flys through the track after the mcbr into the station. There's nothing wrong with have a realistic breaking section into a chain area in the station, I do it all the time with my coaster tbh. Didnt even notice you put the sound reduction wall on the first drop as well!

Edited by IOAgeek, 10 September 2017 - 10:31 AM.