• 7 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:32 PM

Looking for any wooden roller coaster instructions

#2 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 07:52 AM

There are no instructions for a ride like that; wooden coasters are very complex. I'm sure some members can share techniques that are useful to building a wooden style roller coaster.

#3 KirbyCoast

KirbyCoast

• 340 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:20 PM

Depends on what type of K'nex (big or small). If it's micro I can give you some of the basic structures that you can use. I don't have any exact instructions for a whole coaster though, there aren't really any wooden coaster K'nex sets so I don't think anyone would have full instructions.

#4 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:30 PM

Woodies are not that hard but you use a lot of pieces, if you do not have them don't try,  I'd look at some here for ideas and then start one.   They are fun to build.  Look at the If you want it I'm sure you can get advice.

I'd build a very small one first for practice.  If it is nice you can always add to it or re-use parts for a bigger one,  

And for best results build it backwards :-)

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#5 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:30 PM

Woodies are not that hard but you use a lot of pieces, if you do not have them don't try,  I'd look at some here for ideas and then start one.   They are fun to build.  Look at the If you want it I'm sure you can get advice.

I'd build a very small one first for practice.  If it is nice you can always add to it or re-use parts for a bigger one,  

And for best results build it backwards :-)

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!