beethoven cable lift drill launch magnetic brakes

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 dylan

dylan

Don't follow the light

• 1004 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:00 PM

After years of not building, I have decided that i might as well get back into it! Not exactly sure what I want to build, but this should be fun!
IMG_3728_zpsiajxcqc4.jpg
IMG_3727_zpslarlhqkk.jpg

Edited by dylan, 05 April 2020 - 03:20 PM.

Ex college baseball player. Currently a student!

#2 iAClipse

iAClipse

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:10 PM

I like the color scheme of the lift very bright and vibrant. As for what to build do you know if you want the ride to have inversions or to be a more air time coaster?

msg-834-0-23642600-1483480744.jpg

~Thanks Steel~

#3 dylan

dylan

Don't follow the light

• 1004 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:25 PM

I like the color scheme of the lift very bright and vibrant. As for what to build do you know if you want the ride to have inversions or to be a more air time coaster?

Thank you! To answer that question, I do not think I want to have inversions on this coaster.

#4 dylan

dylan

Don't follow the light

• 1004 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:54 PM

Just added the drop! Let me know what you think of the shaping. Supports not final...

IMG_3733_zpsusg9fcz3.jpg

IMG_3731_zps6a0ggmjy.jpg

#5 iAClipse

iAClipse

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:57 AM

That shaping looks beautiful. I am looking forward to see where this coaster goes. Also are you still looking for ideas or do you have some in mind?

~Thanks Steel~

#6 dgohstand

dgohstand

Construction Foreman

• 198 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:29 AM

That shaping looks really smooth. Maybe an immelman next? 

How do you build a coaster?

#7 dylan

dylan

Don't follow the light

• 1004 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:14 PM

That shaping looks beautiful. I am looking forward to see where this coaster goes. Also are you still looking for ideas or do you have some in mind?

Thank you man! I actually have a design in my head.. Expect an update soon!

That shaping looks really smooth. Maybe an immelman next? 

Thank you sir! As far as the ride goes I do not want to build inversions. As far as the next element is concerned you guys should get an update later in the day on what I have decided to add.

#8 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:15 PM

I think the shaping is good, but the crest is really narrow and out of proportion with the drop. It should be about a blue rod wider. (Although, if you want it to look like that, it's cool and such.) 

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#9 dylan

dylan

Don't follow the light

• 1004 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:21 PM

I think the shaping is good, but the crest is really narrow and out of proportion with the drop. It should be about a blue rod wider. (Although, if you want it to look like that, it's cool and such.) 

From the pic I posted of it I can see what you mean. Should have an update shortly of what it looks like with tubing. It is narrow but in my opinion when you see what i added it looks pretty nice!!

#10 dylan

dylan

Don't follow the light

• 1004 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:23 PM

After some thought I decided to add an Air-Time hill after the drop. Here are a few pics! Enjoy!!

IMG_3735_zpsomok8bua.jpg

IMG_3741_zpszkggf5zd.jpg

IMG_3740_zpsadpoqvlt.jpg

IMG_3739_zpsoszmdyen.jpg

#11 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:08 PM

That train will never make that hill if it's taller than the drop. ;) Are you really adding that many connectors to the tubes? It seems quite excessive... 

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#12 dylan

dylan

Don't follow the light

• 1004 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:06 AM

That train will never make that hill if it's taller than the drop. ;) Are you really adding that many connectors to the tubes? It seems quite excessive... 

It is not taller lol. It makes it through the hill perfectly fine! And you can never have too many connectors. 

Anyone else have comments?

#13 iAClipse

iAClipse

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:30 AM

This looks fantastic good support. It really makes it over that hill? How did you keep that much speed? Also that is a very cool car stopper you have at the end.

~Thanks Steel~

#14 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:40 AM

Wow that's amazing speed loss! I agree that it's a lot of connectors but whatever suits! Looking forward to seeing more of this :)

#15 dylan

dylan

Don't follow the light

• 1004 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:38 PM

This looks fantastic good support. It really makes it over that hill? How did you keep that much speed? Also that is a very cool car stopper you have at the end.

Thank you man! Yeah it makes it over the hill and i have yet to clean the cars... It has been like 5 years lol. And it was a simple design haha!!

Wow that's amazing speed loss! I agree that it's a lot of connectors but whatever suits! Looking forward to seeing more of this :)

Thanks man! This thing doesn't shake at all. And I actually built the next element, but I need to take pics for you guys!!!

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

#16 dgohstand

dgohstand

Construction Foreman

• 198 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:15 PM

That is great speed loss. But I'm not the biggest fan of the hill. It's a bit lopsided as you can see (at least in the picture): 

IMG 3740 zpsadpoqvlt

However, my biggest complaint is that this isn't an air-time hill, this is just a hill. An air-time hill is lower and carries more speed which increases the amount of negative G-forces. Here's an example of the air-time hill on Goliath at Six Flags Magic Mountain in LA. You can see the height difference between the lift hill and the air-time hill. I've been on it many times and it's the best air-time hill I've been on. 

What you built is just a hill. If you wanted an air-time hill it would look more like this: 

IMG 3735 zpsomok8bua

Don't get me wrong, what you built is fabulous and the shaping is really nice. But you built a normal hill. 

Keep it up! 

Ps: I'm a perfectionist and I don't mean to bash on your work. Just trying to help! 

Edited by dgohstand, 13 January 2017 - 01:18 PM.

How do you build a coaster?

#17 dylan

dylan

Don't follow the light

• 1004 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:19 PM

That is great speed loss. But I'm not the biggest fan of the hill. It's a bit lopsided as you can see (at least in the picture): 

However, my biggest complaint is that this isn't an air-time hill, this is just a hill. An air-time hill is lower and carries more speed which increases the amount of negative G-forces. Here's an example of the air-time hill on Goliath at Six Flags Magic Mountain in LA. You can see the height difference between the lift hill and the air-time hill. I've been on it many times and it's the best air-time hill I've been on. 

What you built is just a hill. If you wanted an air-time hill it would look more like this: 

Don't get me wrong, what you built is fabulous and the shaping is really nice. But you built a normal hill. 

Keep it up! 

Ps: I'm a perfectionist and I don't mean to bash on your work. Just trying to help! 

I got you man! This is just a simple hill. BTW I got bored and just decided to build the hell out of the coaster so there is gonna be a huge update!!!

#18 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:45 PM

Oh, dear god. I haven't seen you in ages. Welcome back!

I disagree with the above post. An ejector airtime hill is certainly sharper and more parabolic. Goliath's airtime hill is an outlier of sorts and really more of a floater hill. 

Formally RK500

#19 dylan

dylan

Don't follow the light

• 1004 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:59 PM

Oh, dear god. I haven't seen you in ages. Welcome back!

I disagree with the above post. An ejector airtime hill is certainly sharper and more parabolic. Goliath's airtime hill is an outlier of sorts and really more of a floater hill. 

So by this I am assuming you want me to move on?

#20 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 10:03 PM

Yes. I feel there isn't anything wrong with it.

I would only change it if you wanted another particular shape.

Formally RK500

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: beethoven, cable lift, drill launch, magnetic brakes