• 198 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:33 PM

This looks flawless so far! (thumbsup)

#23 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:56 PM

Looks amazing! I can't say that I see any flaws in shaping and your speed seems really good so far. Good luck!

Thanks a lot!

It looks too perfect for this to be an Arrow coaster. Flawless.

lol yeah it does, the tracks rods are staggered nicely creating a smooth flow in the track.

looks great, though i cant help but feel like you might have speed issues in the future.

And i wish my summer was coming up soon. < :(

I didn't have any speed issues in the end, so it was all good! Thanks btw!

One flaw: it's not yellow.

:)

haha yeah I do not have enough yellow rods, yellow x-ties, or yellow half moons to make that happen though. I like the SS colors better.

This looks super smooth. I always enjoy watching smaller projects since the details can always be completed nicely rather than having to save pieces elsewhere. Maybe I should take my own advice.

You're fine dude, keep doing what you do, you're a great builder for sure!

Nice work so far, always a type of coaster I wanted to try and build but never got around too.  You're doing a very good job shaping wise and with the supports.

There might be a slight bit too much banking on the pre-drop turn, but that's a pretty minor problem.  Rest is great.

I tried to fix that turn a bit, and plus the ride in real life had tons of banking on the turn as well so I'm happy with it, I have rode it a few times before btw.

Great shaping and speed conservation.

Thank you!

This looks flawless so far! (thumbsup)

Thanks dude!

Alright, another update for you guys. Now that my summer classes are over with,  I can get this update out for everyone to see. So I finished the corkscrews and final turn to the brake run which look pretty realistic to me so I am satisfied with the outcome of it. The corkscrew supports are pretty sturdy and have never been used on a full scale arrow corkscrew before, so I think they turned out pretty good. For the brakes I did some friciton brakes using the tubing and I like how the train stops realisticly, kind of reminding me of magentic brakes even though arrow coasters do not use them lol. So expect the final video to be done by next week, cause I will be gone next weekend in Indiana to visit Holiday World for the first time, and to see family as well, so I will try to get it uploaded by Friday at least! Hope you enjoy the pics, and have a great weekend!

35387018113_8940ede936_o.jpg

36191026395_d7a702984c_o.jpg

36191069225_203065c831_o.jpg

36057689591_57158d8c60_o.jpg

36057688521_eae8f8205c_o.jpg

36191068005_829a268b73_o.jpg

36057687851_0c97d9571f_o.jpg

36191070735_d53e02ae1d_o.jpg

36191069765_687dde96e0_o.jpg

The test video:

Please Comment!!

Edited by IOAgeek, 29 July 2017 - 09:57 PM.

#24 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:50 PM

Looks really nice, I love the corkscrew supports! Holiday looks really nice. They have a great water park and three great woodies, and Thunderbird of course. Always wanted to go there, so have fun!

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#25 YolosweggLord

YolosweggLord

Construction Foreman

• 138 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 11:20 PM

This looks awesome! I love the look of Arrow Corkscrew truss supports.

#26 rgarner42

rgarner42

Construction Foreman

• 203 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 04:38 AM

I feel like the exit of the last corkscrew looks a bit weird because it goes into a fairly sharp turn with little banking, but I don't know if it's like that on the real thing. It was an old arrow so it might well be :P

Other than that it looks great. Really well executed and I love the supports. 

Edited by rgarner42, 30 July 2017 - 04:39 AM.

#27 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:09 AM

Very nice! Only thing is the entrance to the first corkscrew is a little sharp. Otherwise a very nice coaster that is very realistic looking!

#28 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 07:51 AM

Love the realism here. Great pacing and moth brakes as well. I think the last turn is slightly weird looking but I appreciate the lack of space. The rest of the coaster is so good anyway, I wouldn't worry about it.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#29 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:54 PM

Looks really nice, I love the corkscrew supports! Holiday looks really nice. They have a great water park and three great woodies, and Thunderbird of course. Always wanted to go there, so have fun!

Thanks, it was an awesome park. I liked the voyage a lot, it was a little rough and all but had good airtime in the back row. Thunderbird was pretty smooth as well! The water park water is freezing there but they have some great slides there I enjoyed a lot!

This looks awesome! I love the look of Arrow Corkscrew truss supports.

Thank you! Yea those supports took a few days to tweak and build correctly tbh.

I feel like the exit of the last corkscrew looks a bit weird because it goes into a fairly sharp turn with little banking, but I don't know if it's like that on the real thing. It was an old arrow so it might well be :P

Other than that it looks great. Really well executed and I love the supports. 

Meh I know the last turn aint perfect but I wanted it to get the train back to the brake run quickly and didn't want the turn to be to drawn out.

Very nice! Only thing is the entrance to the first corkscrew is a little sharp. Otherwise a very nice coaster that is very realistic looking!

I tried to fix that up a little, but thanks for the comment!

Love the realism here. Great pacing and moth brakes as well. I think the last turn is slightly weird looking but I appreciate the lack of space. The rest of the coaster is so good anyway, I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks dude, I like the brakes for the coaster as well! They are pretty realistic imo.

Alright, the last update is here. I got the final video done after I got back from SFOT last weekend, which was a great park and had a good amount of coasters to enjoy! That's my fifth six flags park I have been to and I have probably been to all of the best ones so far lol. I think the lsat update has the final pics of the coasters, so I didn't include them in this update but enjoy the final video and tell me what you think of it. I have to take the coaster down tomorrow since I am going back to college this weekend, and Python has been up for a while imo.

Please comment!

Edited by IOAgeek, 17 August 2017 - 11:54 PM.

• G Force likes this

#30 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:40 PM

Quite a nice recreation!  Supports really added a lot to the model, I'd love to see a similar style of ride on a bigger scale from you.

#31 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:46 PM

An excellent recreation! And a good one to pick since it has a short layout. My favorite part is definitely the supports - they're super realistic and look really sturdy too.
That station roof must have taken forever to put together...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: python, recreation, busch gardens tampa, ioageek, 2017, corkscrew