Woah... it's been a while

awesomeness fun games rct2 theme parks

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WSWAoasters

WSWAoasters

• 198 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:11 PM

So basically after canceling the past 2 - 3 coasters, I decided that I should probably finish one. So, I decided that I would take things easy and go with something a little simpler than I would usually try to make. However, that didn't really work, so I decided to make a small suspended coaster. Somehow I didn't realize that inverted tube supports are much more difficult to work with than regular tube supports, which I already struggle with. I am also trying to build some kind of a terrain structure or something for the second lift? I don't really know what the hell I'm doing though, so any tips would be appreciated!

Right now things are pretty messy because I don't really know what I'm doing with these supports, the track, or the layout in general at this point, but here are a few pictures and a quick test video:

Down the break run

DSCN1678_zps1hmvysrc.jpg

Side view of the break run

DSCN1679_zpskxsddjnp.jpg

Drop

DSCN1681_zpsbvocinrd.jpg

The layout

DSCN1682_zpsdxsseydj.jpg

Side view of the (possible) second lift

DSCN1677_zpsmmapbj14.jpg

That's pretty much all I have for pictures, but here is a quick test video:

That's pretty much all I have right now, but I always enjoy hearing your feedback so feel free to leave some!

#2 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:29 AM

Those are some nice suspended cars. This is quite small so I agree with the second lift. Suspended with tube supports does seem a little awkward to build so good luck

#3 rgarner42

rgarner42

Construction Foreman

• 203 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:53 AM

While what you've built is quite small, I can't fault it. It looks great, and I'm sure that's not easy to do with 'inverted' tube supports. Maybe you could eke out a longer layout by strengthening the supports a little or by weighing the trains ( although I'm sure that's going to be harder to do with the suspended cars)

I'd like to see you start building on a larger scale, because what you make is usually pretty good but you can only do so much with a short lift hill. If you do build bigger in the future, I'd suggest building a stronger base for the tubes. 

Edited by rgarner42, 09 March 2017 - 09:55 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: awesomeness, fun, games, rct2, theme parks