Guess who's BACK?

revenge of the double dee

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Guess who's BACK?

will you click the first option?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Inswerver

Inswerver

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:36 PM

LOL, aren't I a tease.

gallery_3353_1067_282325.jpg

gallery_3353_1067_40450.jpg

heh, good view of my standard parts bin.

LOL, ok. How about a better pic?

gallery_3353_1067_148744.jpg

why thank you, Reginald.

I have more pics, but I'll save 'em for later.

oh and its nice to be back! dont forget to check out my "tube" for the final video and maybe some test runs. https://www.youtube....gyTpN0RTfwKDx9g

toodaloo! ;)

I shall deal with this Jedi slime, Myself!

#2 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:55 PM

You know someone's a boss when they end off their post with "toodaloo"... Well, there's not much to say, but I see you've built a station and a pre-lift curve and a lift. 

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#3 Inswerver

Inswerver

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:40 PM

hey here are those pics i said i had.

gallery_3353_1067_296323.jpg

exit of station to begining of lift turn.

gallery_3353_1067_13132.jpg

predrop.

thats it, not really an update even though things have been changed. next update will be a video update so look forward to that.

i guess thats all folks. ;)

#4 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:43 AM

X-ties for a catwalk? Huh. I don't recall ever seeing that done before. Giga-unique points awarded. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#5 Inswerver

Inswerver

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:45 PM

X-ties for a catwalk? Huh. I don't recall ever seeing that done before. Giga-unique points awarded. 

well i had a buch of crossties that were givent to me by my cousin in a bag of parts that included a foot long peice of track and not trains :( so they were basicly useless to me so i would end up sticking them onto random parts of a build and found they made pretty good catwalk steps. who knew?

#6 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:10 AM

As already mentioned never saw a x-tie catwalk but it definitively impresses me!

#7 Inswerver

Inswerver

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:21 AM

As already mentioned never saw a x-tie catwalk but it definitively impresses me!

I aim to impress.

Expect an update later today.

#8 Inswerver

Inswerver

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:02 PM

heyyo! its update time!

and since im feeling a bit down lately i will just have a video for it down here.

and here are some pics i just had

First turn

after lift turn. iif you can notice it is actually acending so as to get as much drop as possible.

Structure shot

another pic of it. the rais is much more visable but i am gonna edit this part

POV top of lift

manditory POV shot!

IMG 20170426 19

and last but not least, the wanky a$$ drop.

so yeah, not too much progress but the lift and station are operational now. so ive got that.

yeah if you have any ideas as to what i can do after the drop, it would help with my builders block.

thats all, toodaloo! ;)

#9 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:43 PM

I like the idea of a video update. It's certainly very thorough. That turn and drop kinda reminds me of El Toro so maybe look towards that for inspiration. I know it's not specifically a wooden coaster but it could be unique in that it combines those sorts of elements of wooden coasters with fast layouts. I don't know. I'm just late night gibbering but definitely have a look around real coasters and see what you can come up with. Maybe browse around the RCDB for an hour or so in the random coaster part. Inspiration will follow I'm sure.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#10 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:16 PM

Yeah you basically said everything in the video... and just so you know your lift is leaning a little bit, probably from the catwalk. No worries, I'm sure adding a catwalk to the other side as well will alleviate the asymmetry. I agree with ^ CW5X. Click here to begin your journey into the realm of knowledge.  Anyway, I don't have any names coming to mind yet, but I might once there is more track. Lastly... I hope you feel better soon... :) 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#11 Inswerver

Inswerver

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:37 PM

wassap? time to drop an updates bois an grills!

whats done?

-rebuilt drop its much better now, though its not as steep.

-started building track from the station BACKWARDS!

-a ton of detail work.

-beginning of first element.

here are some pics.

IMG 20170426 19

before

IMG 20170502 182926

after. ant i must say its much better, though its not very steep.

IMG 20170502 182514
IMG 20170502 182538
IMG 20170502 182734
IMG 20170502 182820
IMG 20170502 182905
IMG 20170502 183034
IMG 20170502 183200

new station and redone catwalk.

IMG 20170502 183054

POV of new drop.

IMG 20170502 183135
IMG 20170502 183200

brake run and last turn. WITH DIIP!!!

and finally, a test video.

because, why not?

that'll be all Reginald.

toodaloo ;)

#12 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:55 PM

I really like the layout so far:)

#13 Inswerver

Inswerver

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:04 PM

yeah, too tired to type up a whole update so a video will be fine.

all is explained in the video.

peace ;)

#14 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:42 PM

Those 7-way blue 3d connectors are used far more for tube supports than snowflakes are. I hate to say it, but you should worry about adding more supports on so it isn't so shaky first, and then worry about how much detail you have. Hopefully you'll have enough, though, because I love micro stations. :) Reminds me of Toxic, haha. Once you have more supports on that downwards curve thing, you should have more than enough speed to complete the layout. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#15 Batwing

Batwing

Architect

• 375 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:46 PM

Liking the look of this so far! If as you say in the video speed conservation is becoming a problem, it doesn't sound like you've weighted your cars? Rather than using coconut oil (which fyi I've never tried, but you might be onto something), I tend to use a small screwdriver to put plasticine in the cars, which tends to work as long as the track's strong enough to tolerate the extra weight. Be careful with your cars though, whatever you try to do  ;)

Good luck!

Posted Image

#16 Inswerver

Inswerver

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:21 PM

Those 7-way blue 3d connectors are used far more for tube supports than snowflakes are. I hate to say it, but you should worry about adding more supports on so it isn't so shaky first, and then worry about how much detail you have. Hopefully you'll have enough, though, because I love micro stations. :) Reminds me of Toxic, haha. Once you have more supports on that downwards curve thing, you should have more than enough speed to complete the layout. 

thats funny because i used the micro version to build the micro supports. And as for the support thing, it's fine. i know my parts limit.

Liking the look of this so far! If as you say in the video speed conservation is becoming a problem, it doesn't sound like you've weighted your cars? Rather than using coconut oil (which fyi I've never tried, but you might be onto something), I tend to use a small screwdriver to put plasticine in the cars, which tends to work as long as the track's strong enough to tolerate the extra weight. Be careful with your cars though, whatever you try to do  ;)

Good luck!

no the cars aren't weighted, and i dont plan on doing so. and coconut oil is really the only lubricator i can use. but it is effective, it reduces wheel friction on the axels and the track, it smells pretty nice, it even quiets down the wheels a bunch. and thank you.

well, theres not much to say until my next up date, so...

here.

toodaloo ;)

#17 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:53 PM

What the... coconut oil? This needs to have a tropical theme to it. I can't remember if you were taking names or not, but here's a few tropical name ideas; Hawaiian Hyper, Loco Coco, Tropical, Seashore Roller... 

Edited by SCM, 15 May 2017 - 07:00 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#18 Inswerver

Inswerver

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:37 PM

sorry for not updating in such a long time, currently rearranging my room with the coaster in it. YIKES! but i will hopefully have a test up tomorrow with THREE CARS!

catch ya later, crocodile. ;)

#19 Inswerver

Inswerver

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:49 AM

geez two day two late, so sorry. but here it is probably the last test before final video time.

in a while aligator. ;)

#20 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:57 AM

I see you've got the catwalk almost done. I'll be waiting for you to add on the red tubing to the rest. 0:07 " I'm not gonna show you the track or anything else; Uh, the track is complete, but... there are certain things you cannot see right now, so..."   0:37 *shows a quick overview* The track looks good overall, maybe lacking a few supports - or maybe it's the lighting. If possible, you should add some more supports, just to make it look nicer.  

Edited by SCM, 16 June 2017 - 08:06 AM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master