S&S 4D Free Fly Coaster

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TEDDSTER

TEDDSTER

Polar Bear

• 267 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:43 PM

Finally! The thread is here! I have a few pictures but nothing special. The supports are strong, but the ground to support connections aren't the best.  I'm not sure what I should name it, but I'm thinking of 'Batman Vs. Joker' because it has yellow and gray supports with purple and green track.

Attached File  K'NEX 4D Free Fly Coaster.jpg   160.36KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_7242 (1).JPG   235.98KB   1 downloads

Question of the day: should I build this in VV or SS?

Edited by TEDDSTER, 05 July 2017 - 07:48 PM.

39797.png

#2 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:30 PM

I was gonna say VV because I thought Kirby's zacspin looked really nice with VV track, but if you have SS and you have different colored tubing, you could have green and yellow tubing or something for Batman V Joker.

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#3 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:08 AM

Really creative use of color vs metallic pieces. That's something I've never seen before. I kinda like how the SS track looks, but if it's a wider color scheme you're looking for, then VV it should be. 

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#4 TEDDSTER

TEDDSTER

Polar Bear

• 267 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 05:50 PM

I was gonna say VV because I thought Kirby's zacspin looked really nice with VV track, but if you have SS and you have different colored tubing, you could have green and yellow tubing or something for Batman V Joker.

I think I will use VV... So far, its just a mess lol.

Really creative use of color vs metallic pieces. That's something I've never seen before. I kinda like how the SS track looks, but if it's a wider color scheme you're looking for, then VV it should be. 

Thanks, I'm still not too sure which track I will use, but I'll complete the supports before I decide.

Update:

Who thought the design of the supports was a good idea?!!! They are a pain!

Attached File  IMG_7253.JPG   213.11KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_7254.JPG   184.39KB   0 downloads

I have started building the trains for micro, but I'm not sure if VV will be sturdy enough for this monster...

39797.png

#5 frank

frank

Construction Foreman

• 246 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:25 PM

Great angle supports so far.

#6 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:11 PM

Just like KC's coaster, I'm not worried about the micro. I'm more worried about the stress of the chains on the lift. Those tubes look like a pain! (That's why I use box supports. ;) ) I look forward to seeing the next update!

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#7 TEDDSTER

TEDDSTER

Polar Bear

• 267 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:31 PM

Great angle supports so far.

Thanks!

Just like KC's coaster, I'm not worried about the micro. I'm more worried about the stress of the chains on the lift. Those tubes look like a pain! (That's why I use box supports. ;) ) I look forward to seeing the next update!

I'm only worried about the micro because the lift supports can't keep themselves at the angle that they are at. Which means the track needs to support the support haha. Thanks!

I finished the supports, I'm currently building the motor areas which will be attached to the supports, so its quite interesting, and I am using micro chain, no matter if I choose VV or SS track. I'm also working on the trains... If anyone wants the most updated on this, check my Instagram because I usually post pictures of what I'm currently doing: https://www.instagra...reations/?hl=en

Strange picture

Attached File  IMG_7259.JPG   100.62KB   0 downloads

It's kind of large...

Attached File  IMG_7260.JPG   248.79KB   0 downloads

The leaning support on the far left is the support that can't hold itself.

Attached File  IMG_7262.JPG   244.08KB   0 downloads

*I'm also still building that KMG Inversion from February, it's in the basement lol.

Edited by TEDDSTER, 08 July 2017 - 07:34 PM.

39797.png

#8 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:54 PM

This looks pretty imposing I have to say. I quite like the way the colour scheme is working. It looks really nice.

Edited by CW5X, 10 July 2017 - 03:56 PM.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum