woodie wooden wooden roller coaster frank

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 frank

frank

Construction Foreman

• 246 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:21 PM

Hello, since last time I've made a woodie I think I have improved.

Tell me what you think?

#2 rgarner42

rgarner42

Construction Foreman

• 203 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:55 PM

Yeah, I think you have too. 

The track looks a lot smoother than on your last coaster, can't see anything obviously wrong in the video, it looks good. I like the laterals you've added too, they're a nice touch.

The train sounds quite loud though, have you used silicone spray or something similar on them?

I'm looking forward to seeing how this progresses, but upload a couple of photos with the next update.  

(oh and that 'music' is beyond annoying...)

Edited by rgarner42, 08 July 2017 - 04:56 PM.

#3 sean9782

sean9782

Construction Foreman

• 124 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 06:12 PM

Looks incredibly smooth, and I love the first element. If the rest of this coaster is done just as well this will be a great woodie. Good luck!

4 Windseekers and counting...

#4 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:19 PM

This looks really nice so far - huge improvement! Only thing is as rgarner42 said, your trains do sound like they haven't been lubricated in a while/at all so I would recommend using silicon spray (works best in my opinion. Otherwise all good!

#5 frank

frank

Construction Foreman

• 246 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:44 PM

I just lubricated my trains 2 days ago.  I think it's cause I increased the volume to 200% because I was quiet for some reason.

#6 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:08 PM

Not bad, quite smooth.  It does seem that the pullout between the first drop and the turnaround is an inconsistent radius.  Make sure both sides of the transition are the same, as it is just a straight drop into a hill.

#7 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:02 PM

I think one of the Youtubers I watch uses that music at the end of their videos. Can't remember which one though. Interested to see where this goes. I like this rush of coasters that's just popped up. One every day for the past few days :D

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#8 frank

frank

Construction Foreman

• 246 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:30 PM

I think one of the Youtubers I watch uses that music at the end of their videos. Can't remember which one though. Interested to see where this goes. I like this rush of coasters that's just popped up. One every day for the past few days :D

thank you very much.

Not bad, quite smooth.  It does seem that the pullout between the first drop and the turnaround is an inconsistent radius.  Make sure both sides of the transition are the same, as it is just a straight drop into a hill.

thanks but I don't get how it has an inconsistent radius, I will posy pictures today or tomorrow and you could show me were.

This looks really nice so far - huge improvement! Only thing is as rgarner42 said, your trains do sound like they haven't been lubricated in a while/at all so I would recommend using silicon spray (works best in my opinion. Otherwise all good!

Thank you, for the train that sounds loud like I said might be because of the volume increase on the video 

Looks incredibly smooth, and I love the first element. If the rest of this coaster is done just as well this will be a great woodie. Good luck!

thanks, I made the next element just as smooth. (hopefully)

Yeah, I think you have too. 

The track looks a lot smoother than on your last coaster, can't see anything obviously wrong in the video, it looks good. I like the laterals you've added too, they're a nice touch.

The train sounds quite loud though, have you used silicone spray or something similar on them?

I'm looking forward to seeing how this progresses, but upload a couple of photos with the next update.  

(oh and that 'music' is beyond annoying...)

Thank you, for the train that sounds loud like I said might be because of the volume increase on the video 

(Probably will not use that music again

here is the update, for now, will post pictures later today or tomorrow.

#9 frank

frank

Construction Foreman

• 246 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:55 PM

Here are the pictures !

DSC_0080_zpsvflsx80a.jpg

DSC_0081_zpsglfpqzhf.jpg

DSC_0083_zps2tcumtfg.jpg

DSC_0084_zpsxwl66xew.jpg

DSC_0086_zps2muhowke.jpg

DSC_0087_zpsl9p4gnoo.jpg

DSC_0090_zpshcvtkjcp.jpg

DSC_0091_zpsiney6he6.jpg

#10 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:38 PM

I like the layout so far! The only thing I see wrong is that there is a sharp spot in the second part of the turnaround, followed by a straight spot, but the double up is quite nice!

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#11 sean9782

sean9782

Construction Foreman

• 124 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:08 PM

The double up is perfect! My only critique is in the 4th picture, there is a gap in your crossties. Other than that this is amazingly smooth!

4 Windseekers and counting...

#12 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 09:39 AM

The 2nd crest of the turnaround is rather sharp, otherwise its not bad.  A few bumps here and there but nothing too noticeable.

#13 rgarner42

rgarner42

Construction Foreman

• 203 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:05 PM

Looks decent to me. Not too many noticeable bumps. 

I would look back over the rest of the layout and try to spread out the x-ties more evenly there are a few places where the gaps are quite noticeable. Including the 2nd half of the turnaround which could do with a bit of smoothing out too.

I like the layout so far.  

Edited by rgarner42, 17 July 2017 - 06:06 PM.

#14 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:23 AM

Am I the only one unable to see the pictures? (Just a photobucket message asking me to upgrade my subscription?)

#15 frank

frank

Construction Foreman

• 246 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:21 AM

well, I Knew this was gonna happen now we cant use Photobucket to upload anymore :/ everyone who used Photobucket is going to have those pictures. 

Really sucks :(

#16 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:25 AM

We'll just have to use the gallery on here or something like Imgur or flickr now.

39751.png

#17 frank

frank

Construction Foreman

• 246 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:57 PM

#18 rgarner42

rgarner42

Construction Foreman

• 203 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:29 PM

Looks good, Frank. 

I like the layout. I hope you can get it back to the lift with the little height you have left. 

I can't give any constructive advice though without photos. 

#19 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:04 AM

This reminds me of some of Fraggie's builds - it's very nice! Lovely shaping and good layout :D

#20 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:28 PM

You've improved a long from your past coasters! It's really nice to see a woodie like this since it feels like we haven't had one in a while.

39751.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: woodie, wooden, wooden roller coaster, frank