hypercoaster diamondback 5ft b&m bandm

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 dylpickled

dylpickled

Construction Foreman

• 215 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:39 PM

What's up guys it's been minute. I've gotten back into building and I've decided to enter summer heat with a hyper coaster that will have a custom layout. I've built the lifthill and drop, and it's fully tube supported. I'll let the pictures do the rest. It's also 5 feet tall.

Attached Files

Edited by dylpickled, 19 November 2017 - 05:37 PM.

How do I upload a picture here omgg.

#2 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:11 PM

Looks awesome. I'm very excited to see what type of layout you have planned.

Don't forget about adding the spacers on the upper gear, once the chain is installed the tension will pull the heat back into the X-tie. ;)

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#3 rgarner42

rgarner42

Construction Foreman

• 203 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:25 PM

Looks great. 

The shaping is great despite using flexis but I always find it easier using grey rods on coasters of this size. 

Excited for what comes next. 

Edited by rgarner42, 04 August 2017 - 04:26 PM.

#4 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 04:25 AM

Very nice start. Going to be a good coaster!

#5 sean9782

sean9782

Construction Foreman

• 124 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 09:02 AM

For a hyper, the drop looks a bit steep, but if you like it go ahead, the shaping looks flawless. What contest in Summer Heat do you plan to enter it in?

4 Windseekers and counting...

#6 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:29 PM

It's weird because it's a bit steep imo for a hyper drop, but it isn't as steep as the drops on gigas. But that's not really a big issue so if you like it like that, just keep it! The shaping is good. 

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#7 dylpickled

dylpickled

Construction Foreman

• 215 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:25 PM

Looks awesome. I'm very excited to see what type of layout you have planned.
Don't forget about adding the spacers on the upper gear, once the chain is installed the tension will pull the heat back into the X-tie. ;)

Looks great.
The shaping is great despite using flexis but I always find it easier using grey rods on coasters of this size.

Excited for what comes next.

Thanks! To save gray rods I have flexis on top with gray ones on the bottom.

Very nice start. Going to be a good coaster!

I hope it turns out good too.

For a hyper, the drop looks a bit steep, but if you like it go ahead, the shaping looks flawless. What contest in Summer Heat do you plan to enter it in?

I like the drop and think it turned out good. The contest is just entering a hypercoaster, I'll have to check the rules again.

It's weird because it's a bit steep imo for a hyper drop, but it isn't as steep as the drops on gigas. But that's not really a big issue so if you like it like that, just keep it! The shaping is good.

Thank you!

Alright it's been some time since my last update so heres what has happened. I originally had an overbank because I planned to have the coaster in the yard, but that didn't work. My yard is too uneven so I've just went with the most basic thing, an airtime hill. I'll be finishing it tomorrow but here are some pictures.

You can follow my Instagram @knex.koasters, as I usually post daily there.

Attached Files

Edited by dylpickled, 20 August 2017 - 07:27 PM.

#8 rgarner42

rgarner42

Construction Foreman

• 203 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:30 PM

Impressed.
Great shaping. :)

#9 dylpickled

dylpickled

Construction Foreman

• 215 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:55 PM

I've finished the element, it's an airtime hill that turns slightly to the left. It's inspired by nitro and my own imagination, I hope you like it as much as I do. Also thank you rgarner48 for being the only one to comment on my last update.

Pictures~
Attached File  IMG_2186.JPG   149.13KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_2187.JPG   159.8KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_2189.JPG   132.68KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_2190.JPG   91.05KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_2191.JPG   141.71KB   0 downloads

I've also decided to bring it inside to build then outside when finished.

Edited by dylpickled, 10 September 2017 - 11:00 PM.

#10 sean9782

sean9782

Construction Foreman

• 124 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:40 AM

I've been following this on your Instagram, and the whole thing just looks great so far! Very smooth and well supported, so no criticisms. I'd love to see a figure-eight turnaround like on Shambhala. Good luck with the rest!

#11 Gromit15

Gromit15

Strive For Perfection

• 388 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:56 PM

That's a really good looking turn. I notice that you're using flexi rods rather than grey rods. How hard is it to shape with the flexi rods? Cause for me at least, it's much easier to shape elements with grey rods, especially when the elements are large or spread out.
Overall, looking great! Your Instagram photos are very picturesque.

In pieces logo thing

#12 dylpickled

dylpickled

Construction Foreman

• 215 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:54 PM

I've been following this on your Instagram, and the whole thing just looks great so far! Very smooth and well supported, so no criticisms. I'd love to see a figure-eight turnaround like on Shambhala. Good luck with the rest!

How'd you know what was coming next? ;)

That's a really good looking turn. I notice that you're using flexi rods rather than grey rods. How hard is it to shape with the flexi rods? Cause for me at least, it's much easier to shape elements with grey rods, especially when the elements are large or spread out.
Overall, looking great! Your Instagram photos are very picturesque.

Shaping with both comes easy for me, but if the element is too big I'll definitely switch over to gray rods or at atleast flexi rods with a gray rod spine. And thanks, I try to make each post as best as I can :)

As mentioned I did build the shambhala figure 8 turnaround and I'm pretty happy with it. The only thing I think could be improved is that it isn't as "sharp" torwards the top as the real thing. Now I'm worried about speed, I started out with 5ft and lost about a foot on the second hill. This element measures 3.3ft and I know it'll take a lot of speed to get through the whole thing, so I might need to do some re-arranging after testing. And yes the box supports are temporary until I get some more gray rods.
Pictures ~

Attached File  IMG_2578.JPG   141.9KB   1 downloads
Attached File  IMG_2579.JPG   141.01KB   1 downloads
Attached File  IMG_2581.JPG   132.17KB   1 downloads
Attached File  IMG_2580.JPG   172.01KB   1 downloads
Attached File  IMG_2583.JPG   126.84KB   1 downloads
Attached File  IMG_2584.JPG   149.51KB   1 downloads

Also check out the station in the last picture. Comment!!

#13 sean9782

sean9782

Construction Foreman

• 124 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:18 AM

Looks awesome so far! How much height do you have left out of the 5 foot lift? This looks massive, and very well shaped. Also, do you plan to keep the box supports, or replace them with tubes?

#14 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:31 AM

I really like what you have so far. My only complaint is that it looks a bit wide at the top. If you make the diameter of the turn smaller on top it would look better, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Good work so far, these elements can be a pain to create, and I imagine it would be worse with tubes.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#15 YolosweggLord

YolosweggLord

Construction Foreman

• 138 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:29 PM

Holy crap, that turn looks awesome. Good luck with speed conservation.

#16 SwimZONE

SwimZONE

Models of ships are hard.

• 2654 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 07:06 PM

Have you tried testing it so far? I did a similar turn around once and it lost a LOT of speed on it. You may have a beautiful element there but keep in mind it might cost some speed.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maverick | X2 | Millenium Force | Top Thrill Dragster | Tatsu
Wild Thing | Renegade | Goliath | Raptor | Mantis

#17 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:57 AM

Looks great!  Those elements can kill serious speed, check out Fraggie's coaster that had one.  I think it was Fraggie Force, but I may be mistaken.  Definitely test it before building much more.

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#18 dylpickled

dylpickled

Construction Foreman

• 215 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:36 PM

Looks awesome so far! How much height do you have left out of the 5 foot lift? This looks massive, and very well shaped. Also, do you plan to keep the box supports, or replace them with tubes?

Thank you, Ive lost about two feet of speed so far. All box supports will be replaced with tube supports.

I really like what you have so far. My only complaint is that it looks a bit wide at the top. If you make the diameter of the turn smaller on top it would look better, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.
Good work so far, these elements can be a pain to create, and I imagine it would be worse with tubes.

I couldn’t change much at the top cause that would be too much of a hassle, sorry.

Holy crap, that turn looks awesome. Good luck with speed conservation.

Thanks, I’m trying my best to keep speed.

Have you tried testing it so far? I did a similar turn around once and it lost a LOT of speed on it. You may have a beautiful element there but keep in mind it might cost some speed.

I’ve tested it and it makes it over the first hill so far.

Looks great! Those elements can kill serious speed, check out Fraggie's coaster that had one. I think it was Fraggie Force, but I may be mistaken. Definitely test it before building much more.

I remember that coaster, it was a great build. If I remember correctly he used box supports so he was able to keep much more speed.

Hey guys, it’s been awhile and I’ve gotten another element finally done on this. After having a lot of trouble with the figure 8 turnaround (speed, height, shaping) I’ve decided to make something else. I’ve make a buckle, atleast I think that’s what they call it. It was really fun to make and I enjoyed building it, I hope you guys like the shaping. It’s about 3 feet and very strong. After this I plan to have a stengel dive or just an airtime hill, haven’t decided yet. Then it’ll be regular airtime hills back to the station with a couple mako style turns. Leave some feedback!

Attached File  3963ECA7-890E-40D3-9D86-95A6FFFB67F8.jpeg   190.64KB   2 downloadsAttached File  09D6239B-5DA7-48BD-94C7-AA0E7166A1AB.jpeg   185.95KB   1 downloadsAttached File  8C4E9D7A-408A-4128-82A6-6B9BD1935925.jpeg   227.06KB   1 downloadsAttached File  B9EBEC0C-10D9-4444-A14E-C0C8A8A8F5D4.jpeg   218.6KB   1 downloadsAttached File  E2114EBE-A187-42E4-9BDF-0ABE875D18CF.jpeg   214.41KB   1 downloadsAttached File  4956E57B-8628-487C-905F-F865786E301C.jpeg   211.72KB   1 downloads

Test video: https://youtu.be/_UWrxQVCq8g

Edited by dylpickled, 26 November 2017 - 07:46 PM.

#19 rgarner42

rgarner42

Construction Foreman

• 203 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 12:14 PM

The shaping looks fantastic once again. I particularly like the aerial view. 

Really hope you managed to finish this, but with the first few trickier, larger elements built the rest should be easier. 

Edited by rgarner42, 20 November 2017 - 12:14 PM.

#20 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:17 PM

Wait so is the element no longer called a double helix? Super shaped shaping, I love what you did with the dead leaves. Keep that feature! It will be remembered for eternity. 

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hypercoaster, diamondback, 5ft, b&m, bandm