Survivor - Intamin Mega-Rush Final Video

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Gromit15

Gromit15

Strive For Perfection

• 388 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:17 AM

The lighting is indeed a nice touch. The video (needed to be downloaded btw, but it works)... was that a nod to Kumbai? 

It wasn't inteded to be a nod to Kumbai but lots of this coaster is inspired from that model. So I guess in an indirect way, yes, but I never intended it. You'll see in the video why the lighting is a big factor.  ;)

It works alright but Youtube would be much better, just easier for everyone to view it that way.

I was in a hurry, so next time I'll just post it to youtube. 

Survivor is COMPLETE, With a final video. I am so proud to present this to all of you. I hope you like it!

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

Thank you everyone! 

• G Force likes this
In pieces logo thing

#22 rgarner42

rgarner42

Construction Foreman

• 203 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:50 AM

Really well executed. 

Supports and shaping are fantastic, as is the video. Just a shame you couldn't get a longer layout. I hope you have time for more in the future. 

• Gromit15 likes this

#23 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:59 PM

This looks exceptional. Great editing and artistic quality in the video. It looks really well thought out and the lighting in the background really brought out the effect. Perfect pacing and zero shaking too. Great job.

• Gromit15 likes this

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#24 Batwing

Batwing

Architect

• 375 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:08 PM

Beautiful work! The shaping's great, but I particularly like the structure too - you captured that classic Intamin cable lift support shape brilliantly. A memorable video too!

Yeah, I'd have have liked to see a slightly longer layout, with a few regular and steeper airtime hills, but you've definitely got quality over quantity! Congrats on a fantastic build!

• Gromit15 likes this
Posted Image

#25 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:43 PM

Awesome job on this, very smooth and well shaped.  POV was great too, oddly enough the sound added a lot to it I think.

• Gromit15 likes this

#26 OddlyCreative

OddlyCreative

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:16 PM

Wow! This is Amazing! If you still have it up I think it would be REALLY cool to add lights attached to the track that follow the train. (Kinda like Monster at Adventureland, Iowa during the night)

• Gromit15 likes this

#27 Gromit15

Gromit15

Strive For Perfection

• 388 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 09:04 PM

Beautiful work! The shaping's great, but I particularly like the structure too - you captured that classic Intamin cable lift support shape brilliantly. A memorable video too!

Yeah, I'd have have liked to see a slightly longer layout, with a few regular and steeper airtime hills, but you've definitely got quality over quantity! Congrats on a fantastic build!

Thank you for the kind words! It was tricky trying to conserve the speed. The train often didn't make the layout while I was building the coaster. But after I finished the layout and had the train complete the circuit for a good while, I was surprised that I had more speed than expected. Maybe next time I'll be more confident about speed. Glad the video was memorable!

Awesome job on this, very smooth and well shaped.  POV was great too, oddly enough the sound added a lot to it I think.

I completely agree with you about the sound of the POV, it made it better somehow. Thank you very much! 

Wow! This is Amazing! If you still have it up I think it would be REALLY cool to add lights attached to the track that follow the train. (Kinda like Monster at Adventureland, Iowa during the night)

I am actually in the process of taking it down.. I could look into getting LED's for my next coaster and learn how to program them. Thank you very much!

This looks exceptional. Great editing and artistic quality in the video. It looks really well thought out and the lighting in the background really brought out the effect. Perfect pacing and zero shaking too. Great job.

Thank you so much! The final video was actually my first video that I ever edited, so that high praise means a lot. I showed the video to a few people and they said I should try to major in film making when I graduate high school. This entire project has been a success for my future. Thanks again!

Really well executed. 

Supports and shaping are fantastic, as is the video. Just a shame you couldn't get a longer layout. I hope you have time for more in the future. 

I do plan on making more soon. However, I have a few obstacles such as auditions for a couple of drum corps, school, band, and college stuff. I'll do my best, as I already have part of a coaster built. Thank you for the support!

My old channel got deleted so here is the new link: 

I hope everyone enjoyed the video and the coaster, it was a blast to make and really fun to watch. 

New content should appear soon, so look out for that. Thanks everyone.  :)

-Tracer

In pieces logo thing

#28 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:53 AM

Looks great man!  The large radii and smooth transitions make it look so elegant.  Well done!

• Gromit15 likes this

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11