Are theme parks still a good value?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Are theme parks still a good value?

Are theme parks a good value?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 08:27 AM

Poll: Are theme parks/amusement parks today a good value for your money?

#2 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 08:28 AM

I personally voted "in some circumstances." My family has been able to get good value out of our Disney Annual Pass this past year. Being able to visit multiple around 30 days has allowed us to reach good value.

A single day at an amusement park does not seem like a good value proposition in my opinion.

#3 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 01:20 PM

I voted yes, on the condition that you plan your day well.

A one-day ticket at Disney or Universal is ridiculously expensive, but if you put in the work you can get your money's worth. I've done the main attractions at all 4 Disney World parks in 1 day, and I've done all the rides at Universal Studios and IOA in one day. You just have to go when it's not over-crowded. I'd say that's definitely worth the price.

The same goes for other parks like SF and Cedar Fair. If you have the energy to do everything there is, you'll get your money's worth.

And season passes are a definite yes. I still can't believe that I get access to all the SF parks, with free parking, for only $14/month.

#4 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 01:43 PM

I think it really depends on how lucky you get about the crowds..

When it's not a holiday, the last 1-2 hours at Alton Towers are pretty much 5-15 minute queues for everything.. 

But Thorpe Park is just horrendous 24/7/365

#5 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:37 PM

At any theme park, I always get there early when it opens and get in at that lovely period at the start when there are no queues. Usually get 6 or 7 rides in the first hour and that's usually the main ones all done. After that it's just bonuses.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#6 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:48 AM

At any theme park, I always get there early when it opens and get in at that lovely period at the start when there are no queues. Usually get 6 or 7 rides in the first hour and that's usually the main ones all done. After that it's just bonuses.

As I age I find riding Nemesis 3 times in a row counts me out for a few hours, that's the problem :( 

#7 YolosweggLord

YolosweggLord

Construction Foreman

• 138 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 07:59 PM

Orlando parks are still ridiculously expensive because, if Disney gets away with it, other parks want to as well. But I find that most Six Flags or Cedar Point park’s are still a great value, especially if you’re buying annual passes during a sale.

#8 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:07 PM

IMO you have to buy a season pass and go a couple times to make it worth it, and also plan out your day well so you can do everything you want to. When me and my friends went to Six Flags Great America last Summer we wanted to ride the joker free spin ride but we got there pretty like 11, which was a few hours after the park opened and we ended up having to wait two hours... Luckily Raging Bull's queue was ridiculously fast compared to everything else and we rode it three or four times.

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#9 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:02 AM

And it's exponentially easier to get your money's worth if you live close to a park and have a season pass. I used to go to Universal Orlando every other night because it was on my way home from work. And last night some friends were telling me that sometimes they go to Disney World just to read books on the lawn by the castle.
I guess that wouldn't work so well at a Six Flags park because there's not much to do there outside of rides.