Cart! What are you doing! (4/2/18)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 08:50 AM

Soooooo, um, this is and has been a thing for a while.

Attached File  20180331_083622.jpg   181.26KB   2 downloads

Oh, It's name is Golden Rod by the way. There is a back story I may explain later but I'm too lazy to right now.

Edited by CartRacer56, 02 April 2018 - 09:48 AM.

#2 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 09:33 AM

This looks like smooth shaping all throughout, so well done indeed, Cart. A question, though: how did you take off the nose of the orange train? I've been wanting to do that for years but I haven't figured it out. Do you just use that one part from the RR car that slides out? Oh and the station is pretty snazzy, too. 

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#3 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 10:53 AM

A question, though: how did you take off the nose of the orange train? I've been wanting to do that for years but I haven't figured it out. Do you just use that one part from the RR car that slides out?

Originally I just took a hack saw and cut off everything except the bottom most part of the nose cone. I was left with the little flat part and I just spray painted it black. Now, however, I do just use the RR piece.

#4 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 08:52 PM

I agree, that looks like smooth shaping and really nice tube supports. I love coasters with a sturdy base. It makes your tube supports solid and is easy to move around the room (not to mention you can play with the terrain too).

You know what's awkward? None of the K'Nex rods are golden...

#5 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 11:53 PM

That's a nice little coaster with some good shaping! I want to hear the backstory now..

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#6 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 09:46 AM

This looks like smooth shaping all throughout, so well done indeed, Cart. Oh and the station is pretty snazzy, too

Thank you! It's honastly pretty amazing to me that I haven't had a negative comment yet!

I agree, that looks like smooth shaping and really nice tube supports. I love coasters with a sturdy base. It makes your tube supports solid and is easy to move around the room (not to mention you can play with the terrain too).
You know what's awkward? None of the K'Nex rods are golden...

Holy crap! Steel commented on my thread! Thanks man! It was really my first time building with tubes from the start of a build and I wanted a solid base. It used up 98% of my granites I'd say so there are yellow and (get this) golded K'nex rods in there if you look hard enough.

That's a nice little coaster with some good shaping! I want to hear the backstory now..

Thanks! The final turn is actually pretty bad. I've been meaning to go back and smoothen it out for the past month or so.

Thanks for all the positive responces guys! However, I don't remember saying this was only one coaster...

Attached File  20180402_093029.jpg   131.1KB   0 downloads

Hmmm... What could I have in store for all of you here...

#7 Sporech

Sporech

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 09:04 AM

This looks like smooth shaping all throughout, so well done indeed, Cart. A question, though: how did you take off the nose of the orange train? I've been wanting to do that for years but I haven't figured it out. Do you just use that one part from the RR car that slides out? Oh and the station is pretty snazzy, too. 

You can replace the front wheels with the back wheels from a Rippin' Rocket train.

• SCM likes this

#8 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:11 PM

It used up 98% of my granites I'd say so there are yellow and (get this) golded K'nex rods in there if you look hard enough.

I see the golden rod now!

Hmm... could it be a woodie? A custom RMC? A massive Son of Beast recreation?