The Longest Thread

• Please log in to reply
45735 replies to this topic

#44841 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 08:36 PM

Wasn't even thinking of that specifically. Huh. Also, ten points to steel for having a reference to the 86th episode. (In Season 5) ;) (By the way, I saw a Lego ad on this site a moment ago. I quickly closed out of the tab, don't worry! It's against the SSC religion to look at Legos before turning 69.) 

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44842 YolosweggLord

YolosweggLord

Construction Foreman

• 138 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 12:48 AM

How does one change the text above their avatar? I’m assuming by default it’s a forum rank, as mine is currently ‘construction foreman’

#44843 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:18 AM

Crazy that it is already December!

#44844 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:59 PM

Sure is, your majesty. | By the way, I went to this one college the other day. There was a restaurant on top of a 400 foot tall dorm in the shape of a dome that rotates in a full circle by the time you get your check... but they were already closed. Oh well. Also, the entire place is on a series of hills, meaning that some of the 'first floors' were actually the fifth floor. 

Anyway, did some walking around at night. The area was lit up and crawling with security. Except for a few dark alleys. "Did you go down the dark alleys, SCM?" Of course I did, you fool. REAL MEN fear no darkness! 

Edited by SCM, 03 December 2017 - 06:30 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44845 TEDDSTER

TEDDSTER

Polar Bear

• 267 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:22 PM

I just wrote my two weeks notice for my job. I have worked their for almost 9 months now (longer than anyone else with the same position) and they haven't done anything for me. I have saved almost everyone's job there at least once, but they can't seem to give me the same respect. Therefore, it seems like they are using me and I will not put up with that, so I'm leaving. I'm taking control now...

Haha, sorry for the rant, but man does it feel good taking back control.

39797.png

#44846 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:29 AM

Where did you work?

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#44847 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:43 PM

Woop woop. Final 2 weeks of the semester. 4 exams and then Christmas. Wanting to get the old K'nex out again and build something small. Not quite sure what but we can figure that out later. It's actually been a very weird time for me recently as some weeks I have nothing then the next I'm completely busy. Obviously studying will now be most of my life for the next 2 weeks but I'm nearly there. Hopefully the exam questions will be nice. :D

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#44848 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:04 AM

I just wrote my two weeks notice for my job. I have worked their for almost 9 months now (longer than anyone else with the same position) and they haven't done anything for me. I have saved almost everyone's job there at least once, but they can't seem to give me the same respect. Therefore, it seems like they are using me and I will not put up with that, so I'm leaving. I'm taking control now...

Considering that you saved their jobs several times over, they shouldn't be treating you like that. It sounds to me like they were parasites feeding off of your work. Also, I'm proud of you that you care about others' jobs. :) ... but if they don't care the same way back, then to Hell with 'em. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44849 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:11 PM

My job is doing the exact same thing.

Spoiler

Edited by LaMbChOpZ, 05 December 2017 - 10:17 PM.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#44850 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:39 PM

v Congrats, Steel! 

Edited by SCM, 11 December 2017 - 09:24 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44851 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:04 PM

Well, I've finally graduated from college! Off into the "real world". I'm just relieved to be done with all those finals and projects.

#44852 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:29 AM

Congrats Steel!

#44853 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:28 AM

Congratulations Ryan! Glad to hear you're done with all that.

I'm gonna bring my K'nex back out over break. I still have my ambitious last project from the summer up and might post a few pics before I demolish it. Hopefully a small project can be done in two weeks. 

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#44854 coasterfanatic11

coasterfanatic11

Who said that?!?

• 1190 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:23 PM

Wow guys.... it has been a WHILE.

So I've been inactive for quite a while, but that kinda happens when you get a Masters degree in engineering... I'll be graduating with said degree in May, and hope to bring back my K'nex as a hobby during my down time.

In the meantime, I'm hoping to throw together a small project over Christmas break! I'm thinking a small VV invert (I'm assuming people actually still use VV on this site haha)

Congrats Steel on graduating college!! Crazy to think that the group of people I went through junior high with on this site are now graduating college!

Anyways, I hope to be a bit more active in the near future!

-cf11

Posted Image

^props to CAC!^

Check out Semeru!

#44855 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:54 AM

Thanks! I've been considering bringing mine back out as well, although I have no clue what I'd build. I hope to see some more construction on SSC during winter break!

#44856 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:34 PM

I, too, have been thinking of making something for Winter Break. Likely to be an invert because I haven't done a traditional invert yet. I plan for it to be dueling. Heh heh, I guess I could just call it Distorted Snowman. I've already got the artwork and the music done for it. Hooray for efficient laziness! 

Crazy to think that the group of people I went through junior high with on this site are now graduating college!

Similarly, there's been a few members on here who I remember were still in middle school and I got to see them go into high school. They grew up so fast... *wipes tear* 

Edited by SCM, 13 December 2017 - 01:39 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44857 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 10:14 AM

Woohoo. First semester all done and dusted. Let the good times roll. I think some tempering of my sudden addiction to Golf It with K'nex may be in order, although new updates that I can add into my volcano map I'm creating are all so tempting. We'll see what happens though.

I was really tired yesterday for my last exam but a good night's sleep later and I'm back in the room. Only one more exam for the whole academic year left which is excellent news. A few projects in the middle though so it certainly won't be a quiet time.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#44858 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 11:37 AM

Wow, 4 years on this site now. Maybe I'll dust off the pieces for this winter break c:

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#44859 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:56 AM

I have something to show you guys tomorrow! ;)

Finally on break. Surprisingly last week wasn’t as stressful for me as I’d thought it would be. Glad to hear from you guys! Finally dusted off the pieces today and started work back on an old project.

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#44860 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 05:12 PM

You know what? I can do this. It's already happened a second time and I'll be damned if it happens a third. I do need to move on. And to stop being so over-possessive. What I've done can't be forgiven. What am I talking about? Eh... classified. Christmas just got a whole lot more complicated.   

Edited by SCM, 19 December 2017 - 01:06 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master