User Pic by GWorks
Clock Jun 21 2019 06:01 PM
Views 713
Comments 3

Tags
new set 2019 official
Anyone seen these in the stores already?
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
Photo
Description Have you seen this set? Great move by K'NEX, but bad execution (look at those gears -_- )

Comments 3 Comments
Photo
frank

Well that explains why they added a bunch of 8 way conactors at https://www.knexuser...connectors.html

• Jun 22 2019 03:10 AM
Photo
SCM

I've never seen shiny knex pieces before. They could make for some great themeing. Pieces are of multiple unusual colors. I couldn't help but notice they have smaller gears attached to larger ones, which means that speed is being reduced... for a vehicle. Why? Is the motor too fast so they had to gear it down to keep the speed reasonable? It even looks like it's being slowed-down twice. 

• Jun 22 2019 09:27 AM
Photo
GWorks

Well that explains why they added a bunch of 8 way conactors at https://www.knexuser...connectors.html

woah, didn't see those ones! At least he has a bunch of them already!

I've never seen shiny knex pieces before. They could make for some great themeing. Pieces are of multiple unusual colors. I couldn't help but notice they have smaller gears attached to larger ones, which means that speed is being reduced... for a vehicle. Why? Is the motor too fast so they had to gear it down to keep the speed reasonable? It even looks like it's being slowed-down twice. 

I think them being shiny is due to the lights
Yup! Or in general, make a decent (not crazy multi-coloured) car or something.
The gears lead up to the steering mechanism. It isn't much of an "Off road" vehicle with your gold gear sticking out like that *facepalm*
There is a steering wheel on the top of the cabin. It leads to the gold gear beneath the vehicle. Then to the silver gear, which leads to the front gold gear, to the silver gear in the front.
It looks like the wheels are reduced just 1:3. It's an offroader after all, so slower speeds are to be expected.
But still: why add Hand of God steering to a motorized vehicle?
I'd love to take a look at this set personally...

• Jun 25 2019 11:45 AM

More PicsSimilar Pics
  •  ITS TIME TO DIE
    HOT
  •  Oops, too heavy.....
  •  Painted Trains
    Friday Fun
  •  Work Wednesesnesday
    Workshop Wednesday
  •  A RCT2 Park
    Workshop Wednesday