User Pic by nj_thrills
Clock Oct 23 2019 04:58 PM
Views 563
Comments 4

Tags
b&m floorless b&m floorless
B&M Floorless
Photo
Description Alas, my newest creation is finally being revealed to the public! This is a new B&M Floorless i've been working on and as of 10/23/19, I may need some help. I've had a couple speed problems. Each car is weighted with one penny (Is this too little? too much?) and is not lubricated. I'm wondering if charcoal is suitable for K'NEX? I have it on hand but I am hesitant as no forum's mention it. Somebody please let me know ASAP. Anyways, I have big plans for this coaster, but I'm not sure what element I want to add, after the loop. Any ideas?
That's it for now, peace out.
-NJ Thrills

Comments 4 Comments
Photo
larondefanboy
Looks good so far! I just build my first micro coaster and i was surprised to see how fast and smooth the trains were going even if it doesn’t has a spine. It really is about the track smoothness and support. First you should fix the odd bump on the first drop. Keep in mind that everything that will come after the first drop depend on it, so make it the smoothest as you can. Next, never lube your micro cars, it will make them slower with time, especially with WD40. My special trick to get their max potential : insert a 1" yellow micro rod between the upstop wheels so it makes the space between them wider. Let the rod there for a few days before removing it. I’m gonna post a pic to show you. Hope I helped!
  • Oct 23 2019 05:23 PM
Photo
nj_thrills

Looks good so far! I just build my first micro coaster and i was surprised to see how fast and smooth the trains were going even if it doesn’t has a spine. It really is about the track smoothness and support. First you should fix the odd bump on the first drop. Keep in mind that everything that will come after the first drop depend on it, so make it the smoothest as you can. Next, never lube your micro cars, it will make them slower with time, especially with WD40. My special trick to get their max potential : insert a 1" yellow micro rod between the upstop wheels so it makes the space between them wider. Let the rod there for a few days before removing it. I’m gonna post a pic to show you. Hope I helped!

Thank you! Also, I new about the weird bump, haha. I just forgot about it and never got back to it.

• Oct 23 2019 06:25 PM
Photo
nj_thrills

The bump has been fixed. Also, if i'm not mistaken, motor oil and silicon spray are okay to use for VV. There are a lot of people who use lubricant and they haven't messed up their cars.

• Oct 23 2019 06:51 PM
Photo
larondefanboy
Well once i used WD40 on my micro car and now it can’t even climb half the height of the drop. When i try to make the wheels spin with my finger they slow down really fast.
I also tried silicone spray. On the first test runs the car was flying on the track like i never thought it would’ve. But the more i used it the more it started to loose speed. I think silicone spray is good for bad micro cars but if your car is already running good, i don’t recommend it.
Edit : on your new coaster, is the car close to make it through the loop?
  • Oct 23 2019 08:47 PM

More PicsSimilar Pics
  •  Custom B&M In...
    HOT
  •  Clouds Part 2
    Throwback Thursday
  •  Lift structure
  •  Krampus preview
  •  Custom LSM car (WIP)