User Pic by larondefanboy
Clock Oct 23 2019 05:34 PM
Views 483
Comments 3

• Batwing likes this

Micro coaster tip
Photo
Description here’s a trick (that i think i invented) to get your micro trains run much, much better. I recommend using this technique if you make a micro coaster with quick transitions, zero-g-rolls, corcksrews, hearthline rolls... You need to let the yellow rod there for at least a few days if you really want to see a difference. Insert these rods between the upstop wheels when you’re not using the coaster

Comments 3 Comments
Photo
nj_thrills

does it separate the wheels more? or does it help stop misshaping the wheel assemblies? 

• Oct 23 2019 06:23 PM
Photo
larondefanboy
It separates them more. Also be sure to insert the rod in the middle of the wheel or it might misshape them.
  • Oct 23 2019 06:40 PM
Photo
Batwing

A bit late to the party here, but having tried this recently, I can really vouch for it! It gave all of my micro cars a real performance boost, at least temporarily. It only seems to make a difference for a limited number of cycles, which is unfortunate, but fine if you don't want to cycle your trains much. 

For some of my cars, this hack was the difference between valleying and completing the circuit, so made a real difference to the number of cars I can run on my current model - from 2 to 6! I'm still not really sure what makes micro cars tick (momentum conservation really is a dark art), but this is a great step towards figuring out the puzzle. Going to try this with my very worst car for as long as I can!

• Jul 13 2020 05:58 PM

More PicsSimilar Pics
  •  Namtab
    HOT
  •  Welcome to Atlant...
  •  Dorm Coaster
    New Construction
  •  GWOH's motor...
  •  Thrust me... it...
    New Construction