• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#1 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:38 PM

Welcome to SSCoasters Mafia!

So I wanted to start a forum game of Mafia. I will be the gamemaster/narrator for this round. It will be a classic game of Mafia with Citizens, a Sheriff, Mafia, and a Doctor. For those who don't know how to play:

(I edited them to fit our forum version of the game)

One person is the game's Narrator, popularly called the "God" (Me) - Blackkitty will moderate the game, rather than participating. Everyone else will be PM their roles within the game.

Roles

Townspeople (the innocents) everybody else
Mafia (who win by killing off the innocents) 3-4 depending on the size
Sheriff (an innocent who can detect mafia members) 1 person
Doctor (an innocent who can protect other innocents from attack) 1 person

Night

Each night, the Mafia will PM me and tell me who they would like to kill.

Now the Sheriff will PM me and ask me if 1 person from the game is in the Mafia. I will respond yes or no. The Doctor will PM me someone's name (including themselves) whom they wish to save. In the morning, if this person was to be killed by the Mafia, they survived.

NOTE! If the Sheriff learns who is in the Mafia, it is not always wise to tell that you are the Sheriff. The next night, the Mafia will most likely kill you so that you can no longer learn who the other Mafia are.

Day

Unless the nurse and the mafia selected the same target a murder is announced, sometimes with a little narrative detail. For example, "The police chief said, 'Bob was shot seven times, stabbed three times, and drowned in the river. This is the worst case of suicide I've ever seen.'" This player is "dead" and may no longer participate in the game in any way.

During the daytime phase, the players deliberate over which suspected Mafia member they wish to nominate for execution. Once nominations are made, the narrator administrates an election between the nominees, in which all players vote - whoever receives the most votes is lynched; they are "dead," and in certain variants of the game flip their card up (revealing their true alignment).

Because players have less information and more freedom to deliberate, during the day, the day phase tends to be longer than the night phase. The day phase either has a set time limit, or continues until a lynch has been performed.

I will let everyone argue over who they think is in the mafia through the posting in the forum or in the chat. You can use logic to accuse or defend yourself. I will ask for a vote for the person you are accusing once it seems like there is a majority. If a majority is present to kill that person, they will be dead and their role revealed.

Once you are dead please don't rant, give away secrets, or do anything to influence the game. Please.

Win condition

The game ends either when the last Mafia member is killed (Innocent victory) or the Innocents no longer outnumber Mafia members during the day (Mafia victory).

It will be an open time system. The game starts with a night phase. Once the Mafia decide on a target and the Doctor and Sheriffs do their respective jobs the night phase will be over. Once you guys have come to an agreement over who you would like to kill in the day phase, the new night phase will occur.

If a Mafia member doesn't say anything, the other members will choose the killing for him. If there is only one mafia member left, either tell me in advance or you will not make a kill in the night.

For the Doctor and the Sheriff, do the same, tell me in advance that you will not be able to do your job and it will be ok.

I will impart a one day time limit for night orders. If you do not finalize your PM to me in 1 day, the night will end and either nobody dies, nobody is saved, or the Sheriff will not learn anything.

I will tell only the Mafia members who the other Mafia members are to save confusion. I would like for only 1 private message from the Mafia collectively telling me who they would like to kill.

Sheriff just tell me the name of the person you would like to investigate and I will respond with either
Yes-they are in the Mafia
No-they are not in the Mafia.

I hope I have covered everything. This is just like what most of you have already played at parties, with friends, etc.

If you have an questions about the game setup just post in the thread. If you have a private question you don't want public, then send me a PM.

I would like 15 people to play. Once we get 15 committed players, I will PM everyone a role.

1.JPCoaster DEAD (citizen)
2.LaMbChOpZ
3.griffon14
4.lazor 22
5.SwimZONE
6.dragon k'nex
7.SuperTkdkid DEAD (citizen)
8.commando
9.The Stig
10.Kevyn230
11.Eggo
12.Kool Coaster Kid
13.SamIsSoAwesome
14.Turtle Man 24 DEAD (citizen)
15. RollerKid500

I keep this list updated, so you can always check the OP and see who is dead or alive.

I hope you guys enjoy this!!

-God

Oh and please if any staff would like to play, don't go poking around in my PMs.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#2 JPCoaster

JPCoaster

Lead Engineer

• 1292 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:08 PM

I'm in! :)

Posted Image

#3 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:15 PM

At first I though this would be kind of stupid, but I'm wrong!

I'm in!!!

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#4 griffon14

griffon14

Drum line captain

• 1517 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:21 PM

The jazz band played this for 5 hours on the bus to Disney overnight. The funnist things I've ever heard came out of it. I'm definitely in.

Future member of the UNCC Drumline

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intimidator 305
Milf - Maverick - TTD - Dimondback - Griffon - Intimidator - Alpengist - Dominator - Thunderhead

#5 Sniggeh

Sniggeh

Lead Engineer

• 1511 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:21 PM

I'm in!

Posted Image

#6 SwimZONE

SwimZONE

Models of ships are hard.

• 2654 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:31 PM

You're missing one thing: The town W**** (prostitute). Pretty much, the town W**** has say herpes, and can infect someone each night. The doctor can then save that person. Here's how it should work: 2-3 Mafia, 1 doctor, 1 town W****. And then the people make a decision on who they think is the mafia. That's how I have always played it. If you want it your way that's fine.

I'm in.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maverick | X2 | Millenium Force | Top Thrill Dragster | Tatsu
Wild Thing | Renegade | Goliath | Raptor | Mantis

#7 Dragon

Dragon

ROAR!

• 1483 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:29 PM

i´m in i like it this game.

#8 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:03 PM

I'm in. Do we pm you what we want to be or do you choose?

Posted Image

#9 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:14 PM

Im in.

-commando

#10 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:35 PM

The jazz band played this for 5 hours on the bus to Disney overnight. The funnist things I've ever heard came out of it. I'm definitely in.

Hahahah similar story for me. I just cam back from 2 weeks of band camp, and every night, we would play 1-2 hours of Mafia. Great times.

You're missing one thing: The town W**** (prostitute). Pretty much, the town W**** has say herpes, and can infect someone each night. The doctor can then save that person. Here's how it should work: 2-3 Mafia, 1 doctor, 1 town W****. And then the people make a decision on who they think is the mafia. That's how I have always played it. If you want it your way that's fine.

I'm in.

I wanted to start this round off as just Classic Mafia. Maybe in later rounds we can get more complex.

I'm in. Do we pm you what we want to be or do you choose?

It will be completely random.

7 more people until we can start!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#11 SwimZONE

SwimZONE

Models of ships are hard.

• 2654 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:20 PM

I wanted to start this round off as just Classic Mafia. Maybe in later rounds we can get more complex.

But it should be up to the people as to which one we think is the mafia.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maverick | X2 | Millenium Force | Top Thrill Dragster | Tatsu
Wild Thing | Renegade | Goliath | Raptor | Mantis

#12 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:29 PM

^Yeah of course.
After I reveal who either dies or avoids death, everyone who is living is free to discuss and eventually come to a majority decision on who they think is in the Mafia and who they wish to die.

EDIT: 7 more!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#13 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:42 PM

nv played this, but I'm in, I do have vacation soon tho

-AsM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffon - Apollo - Millennium - TTD - Nitro - Kingda Ka - Maverick - Alpengeist - Hulk - Fahrenheit

Nighthawk-Lithium-Archangel-Insomnia- Airborne

Current Project(s):
Requiem

#14 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:48 PM

How soon?
If your on vacation will you have time just to make a few posts and PMs everyday?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#15 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:11 PM

I leave on friday but I should have internet access to post a few things each day...

-AsM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffon - Apollo - Millennium - TTD - Nitro - Kingda Ka - Maverick - Alpengeist - Hulk - Fahrenheit

Nighthawk-Lithium-Archangel-Insomnia- Airborne

Current Project(s):
Requiem

#16 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:08 AM

I'll join, looks like good fun after reading the rules and how the game goes.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#17 Eggo

Eggo

Vote for Pedro!

• 1212 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:25 AM

I guess I'll play.

Posted Image
|Millennium Force|TTD|El Toro|Bizarro|Maverick|Wildfire|Nitro|

#18 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:28 AM

I want to play!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi

#19 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:43 PM

God says:
I decree that 3 more people join the game because it is awesome and totally fun and I want to get it started.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#20 SamIsSoAwsome

SamIsSoAwsome

Construction Foreman

• 407 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:12 PM

I'll Join I thought it was full so I'm totally in I love this game.

Posted Image