custom cars dive coaster knex sonicriders789 train

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 sonicriders789

sonicriders789

Construction Foreman

• 267 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:55 PM

these are my new custom made dive coaster cars. i had no help in making these. i will be using them in a new dive coaster i am currently working on. here is the url...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=PWZslW1iD74

#2 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:29 AM

Those look really good! I think they are probably one of the most accurate dive train designs I have seen. Are you going to make a tutorial?

Posted Image

#3 sathothy

sathothy

Architect

• 823 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:41 AM

Those costum cars look awesome.

#4 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:18 AM

Those cars are really good! Could you make a video where we can see the cars in action, so you can prove that they really work?

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#5 sathothy

sathothy

Architect

• 823 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:52 AM

^Îf you watch one of his other vids you will see a update whit a immelmann

#6 CCreator12

CCreator12

(CoasterCreator12)

• 325 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:53 PM

fantastic! I have never seen any cars more realistic! It doesn't look like they will get in the way with speed either

#7 WardCoastez

WardCoastez

inversion lover

• 719 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:04 PM

check this

wardcc-2.png

#8 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:20 PM

It looks really good and it seems to keep speed well. Keep up the good building!

Posted Image

#9 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:02 PM

Those are really the best dive coaster trains I have ever seen. Did you already lube the wheels? If not, do so and compare the speed loss of this train with a normal SS train.

Posted Image

#10 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:20 PM

Nice!!!!! I love the cars!

Automation is my specialty

If only I had more space/pieces/time.

#11 A.S.C.

A.S.C.

-----------

• 801 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:22 PM

Thats just beautiful!

#12 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:25 PM

It looks really good and it seems to keep speed well. Keep up the good building!

From the video, it doesn't seem that way. He's loosing almost 40% of his speed from the first drop/element. You'd want to loose no more than 10-15% to keep it realistic, and even that's high.

I love you cars! Hopefully your layout will be custom too, because I it would really add to the whole custom-ness of the entire ride. Like I said to Josh monster, your speed loss is a bit of a concern. You shouldn't be loosing that much speed that quickly. If possible, try to really work on that first element you have (the Immelmann) seems to be too circular, possibly causing gravity to take control and slowing the cars down quicker (has to do with the track length and reaching the top of the element, ect). If you could post pictures of different views and close ups of your elements, that will really help us help you make them better in shaping.

How heavy would you say your cars are (comparing to a normal SS car)?

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#13 sonicriders789

sonicriders789

Construction Foreman

• 267 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:10 PM

they are actually way lighter than a ss car. any suggestions on how i can keep speed and not lose it? thanks guys!

#14 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:22 PM

I think the lightness is killing your speed. Get some weights on those cars

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#15 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:57 PM

From the video, it doesn't seem that way. He's loosing almost 40% of his speed from the first drop/element. You'd want to loose no more than 10-15% to keep it realistic, and even that's high.

You don't have much experience with divecoasters, do you?
All dive coasters suffer from huge speedloss, and I think these cars are pretty much as good as they can get when you are using custom designs.

#16 WardCoastez

WardCoastez

inversion lover

• 719 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:51 AM

do you guys remember when i tried some custom cars? i know they werent the best but that is not important now. first, they went trough the loop as you can see it now
but somehow my cars began to shake after a few test runs. i made them a bit stronger again but that didnt work either. it seemed that the wheels where shaking very frequently up and down so the cars tilt right then left then right then left, very fast and that killed a lot of speed, it couldnt reach the top at all, so i cant promise you can have a very long lay out. but it CAN work perfectly if you weight them!
Good luck!

wardcc-2.png

#17 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:30 AM

If you weight the trains, they are forced to stay on the track. Weight doesn't really make the coaster faster or better, they just make sure that the cars stay on the track when it is not upside down, and that's why people use weight. Just to make sure that the cars stay longer on the track without all of the cars shaking, it preserves a lot of speed.

-=Tk=-

Posted Image