49 replies to this topic

#1 SamIsSoAwsome

SamIsSoAwsome

Construction Foreman

• 407 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

Well after the recent death of Paarthurnax,
Posted Image

I have decided to make another woodie. I have about twice as many pieces as I did when I made Paradox and most of those are the pieces I ran out when making Paradox so I should be able to make something pretty cool. I have kept the station from Paarthurnax so this coaster will run two five car trains. Anyways here are some pictures (I will have railings on this coaster I just haven't put then on yet).
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by SamIsSoAwsome, 02 October 2013 - 09:03 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:14 PM

Is this going to be a classic layout or a twister layout?

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#3 SamIsSoAwsome

SamIsSoAwsome

Construction Foreman

• 407 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:19 PM

^Twister.
Well it's time for another update. I finished the lift and first drop! I do still have to put on the railings but I'm to lazy. :( I'm not quite done with the shaping but here are some pictures.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Also because I haven't posted it on this thread here are two videos of the automation.

Posted Image

#4 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:25 PM

Come on guys, give him more than 1 comment per update!

Me jelly much! I wish I had that much purple rods!

This is going to be awesome.

#5 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

=) Not too long ago, I was secretly wishing someone would come along and make a really sweet VV coaster with box supports. Not only that, you even went and did some really good automation. This is really awesome, Sam. It looks like a real woodie!

This totally surpasses my expectations. VV is doing some truly amazing things these days.
BTW, I'd be okay without the railings ;)

#6 Guest_321_*

Guest_321_*

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:49 PM

This is big! Can't wait to see the layout :)

#7 Yognog

Yognog

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:28 PM

Hey man this is looking really good and i agree with stig no real need for a railing with that cool of a coaster.

#8 SamIsSoAwsome

SamIsSoAwsome

Construction Foreman

• 407 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

Come on guys, give him more than 1 comment per update!

Me jelly much! I wish I had that much purple rods!

This is going to be awesome.

Thank you Max. I really like having a lot of purples really gives you a lot of freedoms. :)

=) Not too long ago, I was secretly wishing someone would come along and make a really sweet VV coaster with box supports. Not only that, you even went and did some really good automation. This is really awesome, Sam. It looks like a real woodie!

This totally surpasses my expectations. VV is doing some truly amazing things these days.
BTW, I'd be okay without the railings ;)

Well that was a big compliment. Thank you. I really like railings look.
Before
Posted Image
After
Posted Image
I'll build the coaster and then decide.

This is big! Can't wait to see the layout :)

ME TOO!!!!!

Hey man this is looking really good and i agree with stig no real need for a railing with that cool of a coaster.

Thank you and we'll see I mean I want to make it as realistic as possible and I think the railings really add a lot. By the way I really like you winged coaster it's coming a long quite nicely. :)

Posted Image

#9 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:03 AM

This deserves 2 comments.

You totally outdid Fireball with a lift and a drop.

I hate to say this too, but the railings are not needed in my opinion. If you want to add those, then you should also add catwalks too. Otherwise, they are not necessary.

EDIT: Also, if you haven't already, think and plan a layout. Once planned, follow that layout religiously. It will make the entire build a lot easier.

EDIT 2: V That was on his first wooden coaster. Paradox.

#10 Guest_321_*

Guest_321_*

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:34 AM

I'm confused why is the lift smaller now?

#11 SamIsSoAwsome

SamIsSoAwsome

Construction Foreman

• 407 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:50 AM

This deserves 2 comments.

You totally outdid Fireball with a lift and a drop.

I hate to say this too, but the railings are not needed in my opinion. If you want to add those, then you should also add catwalks too. Otherwise, they are not necessary.

EDIT: Also, if you haven't already, think and plan a layout. Once planned, follow that layout religiously. It will make the entire build a lot easier.

My layouts constantly change that's just the way I build. It works for me so DON'T JUDGE ME!!! :)

I'm confused why is the lift smaller now?

Those were just pictures from Paradox to make my point about railings which I still want to put on but I'll wait til the track done and then decide.

Posted Image

#12 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:54 PM

You scared me for a second. I thought you made your lift smaller :P

#13 SamIsSoAwsome

SamIsSoAwsome

Construction Foreman

• 407 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:54 PM

It's been way too long.... Anyone remember me? I apologize for my non-building habits... I actually do have an update now and I hope to finish this coaster in a month or so. I'm going to California in three weeks so I'll try to get close to finishing by then that's kind of my goal... It's hard but I'm not doing anything because schools done and I really wanna get on with building and I have thoughts for my next build. I was just as Cedar Point a couple days ago (Gate Keepers Awesome!) so I have the building bug and it's time to continue on this awesome project!

Anyways on to the update! I finished the first drop and added a ...Wave Turn?... I'm not sure but I think that's is what it's called. I think it looks good. The heart lining is not quite perfect but I think it's fair. Also the pull out is a little tight but I think it's also good. I am really proud of my supports on that turn though they were really frustrating to make but I think I did a good job. I'm going to have a air hill next followed by hopefully the train going through the station "Apocalypses" at Six Flags Magic Mountain style. Welp that's the idea anyways here are some pictures.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
and a video

Hopefully that all posted and stuff... It's been awhile...

Posted Image

#14 CowmanBearPig

CowmanBearPig

In The begining....

• 533 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:34 PM

Welcome back, brethren. The shaping looks fenominal, you could have definantly made that dive a little bit higher. We never forgot about you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current Project

Launched Coaster

#15 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

What? How could I have missed this? This is definitely one of the VV coasters which is worth looking at, you totally surprise me by the style of your supports. Definitely one of the most realistic I have seen, keep up the great work :)!

Posted Image

#16 SamIsSoAwsome

SamIsSoAwsome

Construction Foreman

• 407 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

^^I could of but I really couldn't have... I would have had to move like all of the track back to put the curved track in the right spot... If I would have added even a short piece of track it wouldn't have enough speed to make it over the hill. I did miss you Cowy I must say...
^THANK YOU!!

Posted Image

#17 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

Welcome back, Sam. I'm glad you were able to work on this more. The shaping is great and I love your supports.

#18 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:50 AM

The shaping and the supports are brilliant not only for VV but for overall knowing it's limitations. That coupled with the automation makes this amazing.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#19 SamIsSoAwsome

SamIsSoAwsome

Construction Foreman

• 407 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

^^Thank you.
^Thanks!

Okay, so my air hills done annnd that's about it. It never ceases to amaze me how bad VV trains are at holding speed. This is my second attempt at this air hill as the first one was to tall when it really shouldn't have been... I will not be going through the station as I originally hoped but instead though the lift supports so it's all cool. Here are some pictures.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I put on my first ever 7 rod spine in the hopes of gaining a little speed for "Air Hill 1 Take 1" but it failed, but now I have a 7 rod spine so ya know....
Posted Image
I also added my American Flag Rod cause Merica and stuff...
Posted Image
annnnd here's a video:

Posted Image

#20 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

The shaping looks pretty good! It's too bad that VV has the famous speed loss, like you said. Also, I like the little flag. ;) Can't wait to see it go through the lift.

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it