How I am

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

As some of you may know, I am currently in a very dark period of my life. So far this forum has helped me a lot, and I want to share how I've been.

Everything has been extremely tough on be lately. My mum was very depressed again a for a pretty long time, she has now been stable for a while, but it dragged my spirit down a lot. My father was tired of it all as well, and he was on edge for weeks, which resulted in a very uncomfortable environment. My broken foot didn't help; I had no choice but to let my mum pick me up and drop me off at school, which is not something you want to do when your mum is covered in tears. On top of that some of my friends wanted to kick me out of my clique because of some stupid stuff I did, and because of my foot I slowly started to get alienated from everyone. I died almost every night, in very vivid horrible nightmares/dreams. There were some very lonely nights when all of my friends went drinking, while I was stuck home. Those moments were horrible. When everything (including SSC and the friends that come with it) spits you out (or at least that's how it felt), and there isn't a thing worth living for, it's hard to sleep, it's hard to eat, it's hard to wake up, it's hard to keep breathing.

Some of that is over now. I'm glad that I didn't do anything drastic during that period. Not always though; sometimes I still feel like it would be the best way out. My friends accept me again, god knows what made them change their mind. Or maybe it was all in my head all along. But it has left an open wound in my confidence, and I feel like I'm not who I was before. Not that that is a bad thing, I hate the person that I was. But sometimes I hate myself even more, because this is not who I am.

I am slightly loosing control over some emotions too. It started with sudden urges for random hostility (never really executed though), where I would just be talking with someone about normal stuff, and then suddenly I felt that I was about to hit or stab the person. I also feel like I'm going to puke sometimes (not that I feel sick or something, I just feel like I'm going to vomit), and I ran out of class once because the feeling was too overwhelming. Sometimes I'm afraid that I'm randomly going to cry. Not sure why, not sure why then, but I feel it some times.

Currently I'm just trying to get as much distraction as possible. Compared to a month ago things are better. I'm gonna have to hang in there till it's over I guess... But it is very hard.

Edited by TheSUCKCrew, 13 January 2013 - 02:39 PM.

#2 amagzi24

amagzi24

Time-lacking Peasant

• 439 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

This was very touching to read. I feel very sorry for what you've been through. While it's not quite as bad, I struggle to find people that accept me. A few of my friends are in this clique that I'm only kind of in because of them. The others dont want me there. Now that I have been staying around them for a while, they have gotten more used to me. The same should go for you. All you need to remember is that persistence pays off. If you need to get your mind off things, do something peaceful but private like running. Or do what all of us are here for, which is building knex models. I dont know about you, but I kind of get into a zone when I'm building. Its a time when you can think to yourself while your mind is focused on rationality. If you are pissed off about something, make a track that crashes into something or something evil like that. Its part of why we love it, because we can completely customize it to express ourselves. Basically, just push through this and find the best way to think out your problems.

Fury325|MF|Maverick|Shambhala|TTD|El Toro|Diamondback|Griffon|Valravn|Boulder Dash|Leviathan 

Coaster Count: 215

#3 RidesByDaan

RidesByDaan

Entry Engineer

• 704 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:31 AM

You wil hang on because we wont let you go! Never stop beleving' after evry dark period will come a happy one. That might be hard to think about but that is how things work.

Komt allemaal goed het heeft alleenwat tijd nodig, we zijn er voor je SSC is een famillie en niemand blijft achter! Als ik je ooit ergens mee kab helpen moet je het even zeggen okee?
Klmt goed, blijf vol houden!

#4 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

Hang in there Bart

Your a smart kid with a bright future. All this will pass. Teen years are tough, there is a lot of strong emotions and things can seem a lot bigger than they are. Try to find a professional for counselling, it can really help, if not seek out an adult who cares about you other than your parents, maybe an aunt or uncle, older cousin?

You would probably be better off staying away from alcohol at least until you feel better. It is a big depressant and the depressing effects last a lot longer than the buzz you feel for a few hours.

This is advice is for all of you bright teens who are having moments of doubt and depression. Remember it will pass, seek help, stay healthy.

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#5 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

There is so much sadness, horror and evil in the world... I'm not sure if it's balanced anymore. Are my 10 seconds of prosperety worth it when compared to the intense pain that I daily suffer? Or is pain one of the things that make life so great? Either way, I feel like life is fucking me. I have NOTHING to live for.

#6 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

I'm sorry to hear that, Bart. Life isn't always easy. But there's no doubt it's worth fighting for. Sometimes, the thing you think will cause you to lose friends and feel left out can actually be the thing that helps you make your closest friends and realize how special you are. Don't forget that you're the product of your friends and family. Never lose faith in your friends. They can be an amazing source of strength, and can help you overcome even your greatest fears. I hope you get through this, Dude.

#7 amagzi24

amagzi24

Time-lacking Peasant

• 439 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

Listen (or read ;)), you are an amazing, creative, and intelligent person. There ARE many great things that you can do with your life. Go to college, get a great job. Engineering, art, architecture, anything within your skillset. NEVER talk like this again, whether it's to someone or yourself. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but your words sound somewhat suicidal. That is NOT THE ANSWER!! There is always going to be someone who cares about you or likes the same things. If you don't think there is, look harder! Plus, you always have us to keep you company. We care about you, man. Don't let go. Live your life to the fullest. There is always something good you can do with your life.

Fury325|MF|Maverick|Shambhala|TTD|El Toro|Diamondback|Griffon|Valravn|Boulder Dash|Leviathan 

Coaster Count: 215

#8 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

People are calling me a fag now. Not sure why this suddenly started... I'm not sure how to respond either.

#9 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

People at your school? Thats just wiered..... I'm not sure how to respond other than ignoring them.

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#10 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:47 AM

People are calling me a fag now. Not sure why this suddenly started... I'm not sure how to respond either.

Just brush it off man, I know it's hard sometimes..

Being called something, especially a fag is just pathetic on their behalf.

(if you are homosexual, so what? - I think I remember you saying you were Bi-curious?) and it doesn't matter, they're calling you a fag because their brains literally cannot think of anything else.
I wouldn't 'stoop' to their level by responding / fighting, maybe just tell a teacher.

#11 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:18 AM

I my live I’ve been bullied from the age of 6 until the age of 16. That was probably the worst time of my life. But I never gave up and I just continued with live. I was really the worst time of my live.

Just like you I thought the world was hating me. But now it’s over it has taken a very long time but now it’s over. Often it looks like the world hate’s you but that’s not true. After a while you notice that you need to stay yourself only the people that accept you like that are your real friends. My dad was also depressed and overwrought. But there will always be people that won’t to help you and who will be there for you. Just never give up and keep fighting put your head up in the air and then after sometime the world will smile at you and your life will be great. That’s just the most important thing. Sadly enough people don’t realize that. They are the ones that are afraid that they will be like you. But think about it. You are learning so much right now. People that are getting things like this when they are grown up can totally collapse. While you already know how to handle it right now.

Like I said it’s a really bad period in your life but after that you are the hero because you over won your emotions. Then you are the hero because you were how you are and you not because you are not how you really are.

I hope this helps to all of you people. Sorry for my orthography but this is also a very emotional subject for me. In fact I am almost crying behind my computer but always remind I will be there for you. Hope this helps all of you guys.

-Jespercoasters-

Posted Image

#12 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

This was very touching to read. I feel very sorry for what you've been through. While it's not quite as bad, I struggle to find people that accept me. A few of my friends are in this clique that I'm only kind of in because of them. The others dont want me there. Now that I have been staying around them for a while, they have gotten more used to me. The same should go for you. All you need to remember is that persistence pays off. If you need to get your mind off things, do something peaceful but private like running. Or do what all of us are here for, which is building knex models. I dont know about you, but I kind of get into a zone when I'm building. Its a time when you can think to yourself while your mind is focused on rationality. If you are pissed off about something, make a track that crashes into something or something evil like that. Its part of why we love it, because we can completely customize it to express ourselves. Basically, just push through this and find the best way to think out your problems.

Thanks, it's a good idea. I used to do that, but somehow it stopped working for me. Building only gets me more down now...

You wil hang on because we wont let you go! Never stop beleving' after evry dark period will come a happy one. That might be hard to think about but that is how things work.

Komt allemaal goed het heeft alleenwat tijd nodig, we zijn er voor je SSC is een famillie en niemand blijft achter! Als ik je ooit ergens mee kab helpen moet je het even zeggen okee?
Klmt goed, blijf vol houden!

Thanks, I'll try atleast. Sometimes there just doesn't seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel, you know what I mean?

Hang in there Bart

You're a smart kid with a bright future. All this will pass. Teen years are tough, there is a lot of strong emotions and things can seem a lot bigger than they are. Try to find a professional for counselling, it can really help, if not seek out an adult who cares about you other than your parents, maybe an aunt or uncle, older cousin?

You would probably be better off staying away from alcohol at least until you feel better. It is a big depressant and the depressing effects last a lot longer than the buzz you feel for a few hours.

This is advice is for all of you bright teens who are having moments of doubt and depression. Remember it will pass, seek help, stay healthy.

I talked to my parents about this. Sometimes I really need to lay down for a day, and they allow me to stay home. They know what's going on in my head now, so they can support me.

Staying off the alcohol was a great idea. I only drink 2 or 3 beers when going out now. Alcohol can ruin your mood for a week when you have too much...

I'm sorry to hear that, Bart. Life isn't always easy. But there's no doubt it's worth fighting for. Sometimes, the thing you think will cause you to lose friends and feel left out can actually be the thing that helps you make your closest friends and realize how special you are. Don't forget that you're the product of your friends and family. Never lose faith in your friends. They can be an amazing source of strength, and can help you overcome even your greatest fears. I hope you get through this, Dude.

Thanks, I hope so. I've always completely accepted myself, I was always arrogant and I had a huge ego. But I'm totally different now. I care a lot about what people think of me, which is very uncommon for me. But I am learning who my real friends are now, and they are learning who I really am. In the end I might be a better person.

Listen (or read ;)), you are an amazing, creative, and intelligent person. There ARE many great things that you can do with your life. Go to college, get a great job. Engineering, art, architecture, anything within your skillset. NEVER talk like this again, whether it's to someone or yourself. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but your words sound somewhat suicidal. That is NOT THE ANSWER!! There is always going to be someone who cares about you or likes the same things. If you don't think there is, look harder! Plus, you always have us to keep you company. We care about you, man. Don't let go. Live your life to the fullest. There is always something good you can do with your life.

I know I can do great things. But subconsciously my mind is telling me I suck. It's like a... dark passenger.

People at your school? Thats just wiered..... I'm not sure how to respond other than ignoring them.

No not (only) at school. Some people just started doing that.

Just brush it off man, I know it's hard sometimes..

Being called something, especially a fag is just pathetic on their behalf.

(if you are homosexual, so what? - I think I remember you saying you were Bi-curious?) and it doesn't matter, they're calling you a fag because their brains literally cannot think of anything else.
I wouldn't 'stoop' to their level by responding / fighting, maybe just tell a teacher.

They are saying it kinda jokingly I guess, but it's uncomfortable for me, because I know that I am different, sexually. I accept who I am and if I ever meet "the one" and it happens to be a guy I'd not let anything stand in my way. But for the time being I'd rather stay unnoticed. Indeed I'll just brush it off, hope it will suffice.

In my life I’ve been bullied from the age of 6 until the age of 16. That was probably the worst time of my life. But I never gave up and I just continued with life. It was really the worst time of my life.

Just like you I thought the world was hating me. But now it’s over it has taken a very long time but now it’s over. Often it looks like the world hates you but that’s not true. After a while you notice that you need to stay yourself only the people that accept you like that are your real friends. My dad was also depressed and overwrought. But there will always be people that want to help you and who will be there for you. Just never give up and keep fighting put your head up in the air and then after some time the world will smile at you and your life will be great. That’s just the most important thing. Sadly enough people don’t realize that. They are the ones that are afraid that they will be like you. But think about it. You are learning so much right now. People that are getting things like this when they are grown up can totally collapse. While you already know how to handle it right now.

Like I said it’s a really bad period in your life but after that you are the hero because you over won your emotions. Then you are the hero because you were how you are and you not because you are not how you really are.

I hope this helps to all of you people. Sorry for my orthography but this is also a very emotional subject for me. In fact I am almost crying behind my computer but always remind I will be there for you. Hope this helps all of you guys.

-Jespercoasters-

Like I said on msn, thanks for this. You describe it very well. From now on I'll see this dark period as my road to being a hero. Thanks a lot.

Thanks a lot everyone for the support. I think I'll get out of this eventually.

-Bart.

#13 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

Thanks a lot everyone for the support. I think I'll get out of this eventually.

-Bart.

You will eventually. I'm in a pretty rough time myself whether visible or not. I'm still not comfortable talking about everything yet. The fact that you even posted this (albeit the anonymity of the internet helps alot) is pretty big of you. Things have gotten 20 times better the past year though. Keep a positive attitude and don't let things get to you man. You will look back on things and wish you had done things different to avoid all these troubles but whats happened has happened and you just gotta keep moving on.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#14 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

All I feel is a brewing hostility towards myself,
towards everything I love and towards everything that loves me.
I'm only a countdown away from the aftermath;
When this negativity will finally start backfiring.

That's what I wrote down a few weeks ago. I think the moment is here.

#15 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

Patience man, patience. Go take a nice, quiet walk. Get some fresh air and clear your thoughts.

#16 Geartooth

Geartooth

Coasters and Biking

• 491 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

I usually go on long bike rides to help with my stress or anger.
It also helps calm me down with anxiety that I have built up.
Just like BGTKing said it clears my thoughts.
That's what helps me out.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#17 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

My parents want to get a divorce.

#18 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

That is hard for kids but remember it is not about you. I am sure they both love you. Better to have two happy divorced parents than two unhappy married ones.

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#19 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

I'm afraid I'll end up with two unhappy divorced parents...

#20 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Bart,

I lived my life at the bottom of the food chain up until three years ago. i was made fun of, even kids who were younger than me harassed me, lied to school officials about me; I couldn't even ride the bus at one point because the moment I would get on, people would just yell the crudest things. But one thing's for sure: never, ever give up hope. Even in when you think you or your family has hit rock bottom, there's no where to go but up. There's so much that you can look forward to, there's so much to experience out in this world, and to lose hope now will only make it worse. I'm glad that you reached out to us because when my life was miserable, I didn't have the confidence to reach out to even my own parents. Like ForgotToGrowUp said, I'm sure your parents love you more than anything else, and would hate to see you suffer for it. I really hope that you are able to pull yourself through this in one piece. Sadly, divorced parents is something I'll never understand, and the only thing I can say is I hope you find light at the end of the tunnel. :)

Edited by Cobra Roller, 22 January 2013 - 05:56 PM.