Busch Gardens Williamsburg 2015 Attraction

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

So it's true.

Busch Gardens Europe (Williamsburg, Virginia) is planning a new 156' tall attraction for their Festa Italia park area.

The Online Report:
"Busch Gardens Williamsburg has filed an application with the James City County Planning Division to build a 156-foot-tall attraction in its Festa Italia area. The amusement park’s application, filed Monday, was first reported on the website BGWFans.com. The Planning Division’s website includes no description of the attraction other than height and location. However, it is referred to as a 2015 attraction. A spokesman for Busch Gardens, a unit of Orlando, Fla.-based SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, said the company had no further information to provide about the attraction."

My Prediction
Unfortunately, based on park space, it is doubtful that a new roller coaster will be joining the lineup in 2015. But, for a ride to be 156' tall, it will probably be a sort of tower-oriented ride, through they already have Mach Tower, so a drop tower is most likely out of the question. However, it must be a major installation for them to predict a two year time frame. Fingers crossed! :D

NOTE
When I say that they do not have enough space to construct a 156'tall coaster, here is what I am basing my prediction off of:
The existing Festa Italia area is (badly) circled in green.
Posted Image

LINK: http://hamptonroads....tall-attraction

Edited by IonZer0, 20 October 2013 - 03:04 PM.

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#2 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

Well, if it isn't a coaster...
It could be a Star Flyer, although a really small one

or one of these...

Posted Image

Or (this is something I would like) a giant S&S Screaming Swing. But with no details other than the height it really is hard to make a guess.

#3 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

I'm guessing another Star Flyer. There's been way to many of those popping up around the country.

#4 amagzi24

amagzi24

Time-lacking Peasant

• 439 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

SO Busch Gardens just posted this on their youtube account. Not sure what it's supposed to mean :o

Fury325|MF|Maverick|Shambhala|TTD|El Toro|Diamondback|Griffon|Valravn|Boulder Dash|Leviathan 

Coaster Count: 215

#5 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

Has to do something with water....maybe a water roller coaster? Probably not since there are others in North America.

Oh, and FTW for them using K'NEX!

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#6 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

I think this new attraction has something to do with water...

Posted Image

#7 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

I'm guessing it is an Intamin giant flume ride like Perilous Plunge.

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#8 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

Could it be a shuttle water coaster?

#9 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

I think that it will be either and intamin hyper splash, or intamin water coaster.

#10 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:31 PM

Water Tilt Coaster!? I do not know, but if you pause the video, you can tell that the train is going do the ramp, as there is a bowl to catch it. I looks as if there is a platform attached to a boom, and then a pulley to move it. Possibly could be a tilt coaster of sort where as the train would be on the platform (attached to the boom) and pulled up, eventually meeting at the height and angle of the drop.

I can definitely see something coming into the area where the preexisting water ride is. Not sure how they will use it be I hope it'll be creative.

Edited by RollerManiac, 29 October 2013 - 07:39 PM.

Formally RK500

#11 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:54 AM

Lolz! You kids are so funny!...

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#12 IonZer0

IonZer0

• 859 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:33 PM

Check this guy out. He's pretty good at guessing.
https://www.youtube....h?v=X65Uo3Z5mbA[/URL]<<

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

#13 SwimZONE

SwimZONE

Models of ships are hard.

• 2654 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:00 PM

This is my idea, for 2014, strictly based on the video.
Nautic Jets: Skyline Park
Posted Image

I rode that when I visited Germany. It's pretty much half of a butterfly coaster with a jump at the end.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maverick | X2 | Millenium Force | Top Thrill Dragster | Tatsu
Wild Thing | Renegade | Goliath | Raptor | Mantis

#14 IonZer0

IonZer0

• 859 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:59 PM

Welp, it has been a while now, and I haven't had any major updates to this post, and guesses are still ranging from a wooden coaster to a slingsot ride (God forbid). If anyone feels like scrolling through 60 pages of posts, I have the perfect thread for you. ;)
http://forum.parkfan...677-page-1.html

Here's all the main points ---> http://bgwfans.com/2...alia-expansion/

NOTE: That earlier video was actually for water country. Look up Colossal Curl

Here is a recap of 2013:
On 04/08/2013 Screamscape.com reported on a rumor that Gwazi's extra trains (A GCI Wooden Coaster at Busch Gardens Tampa) were being shipped off to Busch Gardens Williamsburg
On 08/10/2013 BGWFans.com received reports of balloon testing somewhere in the Greater Italian area of the park.
On 10/05/2013 the forum member Woodmaker reported that there were utility markings throughout the Festa Italia hamlet.
On 10/07/2013 the forum member Party Rocker found evidence of soil testing behind the San Marco Theater.
On the evening of 10/07/2013 Zachary found a permit filing for an "Expansion to the Festa Italia Hamlet"
On the evening of 10/08/2013 Zachary discovered that the permit had been renamed and confirmed that this would be a 2015 attraction.
On the morning of 10/09/2013 the Williamsburg-Yorktown Daily obtained the permit filing and published Exhibit 3 of the filing showing the location of the highest point of the ride.
In the afternoon of 10/09/2013 Shane obtained a full copy of the permit filing that provides the location of the highest point of the new ride.
In the evening of 10/09/2013, based on the information provided in the full permit Zachary speculated that it could only be a flat ride and provided a concept graphic of his theory on what the new attraction may look like.

Here are a few quick notes of 2014:
Markers have been thrown down all over Festa Italia, including within sight of the Apollo's Chariot queue line.
What we DO know:

-156 feet tall
-Not a coaster
-Not a water ride
-Not a game
-Not a show
-Right next to Apollo's Chariot, one of the park's most iconic "Welcome to Busch Gardens!" coasters

What that leaves as possibilities:

-A flat ride
-Glitter cannons
-?

"Tower"
"Lattice-like structure"
"Roman Frieze will likely get the boot" and therefore inciting mass riots that will eventually lead the park to physical ruin. (just my speculation)

I think you guys will laugh out of this one:
"If this isn't a flat ride I will personally spend an entire day marathoning Europe in the Air with selfie picture updates after each ride. I'm not even joking. Bookmark this post.
I'm essentially 100% sure it's a flat ride"

Or these:
"Dear Busch Gardens executives, please never stop talking about Project 2015 inside the park. Thanks. ~@BGWFans"

"I heard their removing mach tower, replacing it with tradewinds then putting the mystery ride there.
Reply: The logistics of that makes no sense - so I'm sure that's how it'll happen."

(In reply to a permit) "Could this mean..... A NEW ROMAN RAPIDS....
Yes. In fact, it's almost guaranteed. Expect to see them erecting the 156-foot tall geysers sometime next fall."

"On the bright side, Busch Gardens will debut a new attraction in 2014 in the Festa Italia section of the park. At this point the only details are that it will be located adjacent to Apollo's Chariot and that the park has requested permission for a structure that will rise 242 feet above sea level. Speculation has centered on two possibilities — a new roller coaster, or a full-scale recreation of the Roman Senate, with hourly re-enactments of the vicious assassination of Julius Caesar."
Reply: "I read the Julius Caesar thing today. Wow. Could you imagine Caesar wearing a glittery toga and after he is stabbed- confetti shooting everywhere?
All while tunes from Katy Perry play softly in the background?"

Read this whole page. It's worth it. http://forum.parkfan...77-page-48.html

NOTE: Edits to this post will come. Spring break just started, and I want this tread to be up-to-date with all the best gossip! Post anything I have missed and I'll try to add it asap!

Edited by IonZer0, 12 April 2014 - 05:54 AM.

Posted Image

TOP 10

#15 IonZer0

IonZer0

• 859 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:11 PM

I have one thing to say....

At least we know.

http://upload.wikime...)_-_concept.jpg

Posted Image

TOP 10

#16 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:51 AM

Horrible addition for Busch Gardens. That ride will work for a small Six Flags park, but it does not have the capacity for a large park. This ride will have lines hours long.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#17 IonZer0

IonZer0

• 859 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:48 PM

Welp, excuse my French, or Italian in this case, this peice of shit is getting a name. "Tempesto" Loosely translated to Storm in Italian. The hell does that have anything to do with anything in Festa Italia? I get Tradewinds because they were used in Italy for shipping goods, but seriously? Sounds like you just slapped an "o" onto Tempest and said "Yay! Something that only moderately sucks!" Anyone for "storm"ing into their offices and beating them to death them with Nerf baseball bats? Should take three days tops!

Posted Image

TOP 10

#18 IonZer0

IonZer0

• 859 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:24 PM

DP, but the track is on site. At least it isn't too eye gouging...
Posted Image

Posted Image

TOP 10

#19 IonZer0

IonZer0

• 859 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:05 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=z8ovuItXnRA
Watch this.

Posted Image

TOP 10

#20 IonZer0

IonZer0

• 859 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:41 PM

DP, but the track is on site. At least it isn't too eye gouging...

I WAS WRONG!!! I WAS HORRIBLY, HORRIBLY WRONG!!!!
Posted Image

Posted Image

TOP 10