airstrike knex ssc supersonic tomisdabomb02

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Bassboost93

Bassboost93

Uhm...Yeah

• 212 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:24 PM

Hey Guys,i`ve build this whole weekend on my new coaster called: Supersonic,it was inspired by Tomisdabomb02 Air Strike.It Its my second custom Rollercoaster. This coaster Got 1 Immelman and 1 Corkscrew the coaster using only tubesupports at the Immelman. This coaster is not very big or something its a small one with a tire drive!.Video coming as fast as i can. The station is not done yet and im waiting for my second SS set that im getting on Thursday ( 12-12-13 ). So i have 4 trains on that coaster and 4 trains for the video!.Hope u like it!.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Comment :D

Edited by Bassboost93, 08 December 2013 - 02:33 PM.

Posted Image

Loop De Loop!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Racers!

#2 TheCodeMaster

TheCodeMaster

Resident Nolimits 2 Expert

• 761 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:46 PM

Needs way more supports, sharp spots at the end of the drop and immelman.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[18-07, 09:16] SCM: I only see 14 inversions. There's supposed to be 14 inversions.

STEEL VENOM - DRAGON - JAWHARP - ARMAGEDDON - ICE - CEREBUS - DIABLO - STEEL VENOM - THE REVENGE - CLIFFHANGER - FALCON - SMILER - ALTON TOWERS

Construction zone:

None

#3 Gromit15

Gromit15

Strive For Perfection

• 388 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:51 PM

I don't want to burst your bubble, but I would try to smoothen out the track a little more, and on he speed turn, try to use grey rods! Also, no offense to Tom, but he only had one outstanding coaster, (air strike) and would not be a very good role model. I'm not judging, but I would suggest to smoothen it up, and use box supports because this is your second coaster! To be honest, I used tubes on my first coaster, Power Of The Beast, and it was Alright, but I would have done better with box supports, and I had 8 screaming serpents, and 3 RR. So,'just make it smoother, wait for more parts, and build it YOUR way! Good luck on this project!

-G12

In pieces logo thing

#4 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:15 PM

People focus too much on shaping (especially when it's one of your first coasters)

I actually really like it. I do think its a bit too ambitious as far as height but it looks really cool!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#5 Bassboost93

Bassboost93

Uhm...Yeah

• 212 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:48 AM

I don't want to burst your bubble, but I would try to smoothen out the track a little more, and on he speed turn, try to use grey rods! Also, no offense to Tom, but he only had one outstanding coaster, (air strike) and would not be a very good role model. I'm not judging, but I would suggest to smoothen it up, and use box supports because this is your second coaster! To be honest, I used tubes on my first coaster, Power Of The Beast, and it was Alright, but I would have done better with box supports, and I had 8 screaming serpents, and 3 RR. So,'just make it smoother, wait for more parts, and build it YOUR way! Good luck on this project!

-G12

Thanks! but how do i smooth the track i still dont know how. can you tell me?

Needs way more supports, sharp spots at the end of the drop and immelman.

People focus too much on shaping (especially when it's one of your first coasters)

I actually really like it. I do think its a bit too ambitious as far as height but it looks really cool!

hanks but can u tell me how to shape te track?.

Posted Image

Loop De Loop!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Racers!

#6 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

To smooth out your track, you need to go through the entire coaster and wiggle the X-ties back and forth until the track gets smoother. Sometimes they will even "pop" into place when you adjust them - you'll figure it out.
You also need to look for parts of the track that are really sharp, or un-smooth. I've circled two of them:

Posted Image

Smoothing your track is one of the most important skills in building Knex coasters. Once you get the hang of it, you'll be doing it on every ride you build!

#7 Bassboost93

Bassboost93

Uhm...Yeah

• 212 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:37 PM

To smooth out your track, you need to go through the entire coaster and wiggle the X-ties back and forth until the track gets smoother. Sometimes they will even "pop" into place when you adjust them - you'll figure it out.
You also need to look for parts of the track that are really sharp, or un-smooth. I've circled two of them:

Posted Image

Smoothing your track is one of the most important skills in building Knex coasters. Once you get the hang of it, you'll be doing it on every ride you build!

Thanks i will follow those step! :D

Posted Image

Loop De Loop!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Racers!

#8 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:46 PM

I'm confused. Which immelman are you using? The one with the blue tubing looks good, and the one with the purple tubing has some sharp spots like ^^ said. Also, in the sweet shot of the turn, there is middle tubing and the shaping is great, yet in every other shot, there is not middle tubing and the shaping is not the same. Here is a tip for inversions: you want to have supports until the vertical point in the element. Here is and example:
Posted Image

Other than that, I really like it. very good for an early ride! :)

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#9 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:29 PM

the pull out at the bottom of the drop is WAY to abrupt. It's going to kill your speed, if it were a real ride it would kill people. I'm not one to nit-pick shaping, especially for one of your first builds but this is one of the most important things you have to learn. That is the fastest your train will be goin on the entire circuit and the transitions should be gradual. The track is going from near vertical to up hill in the span of 2 grey rods / 5 crossties. It should be more like 6 - 8 grey rods and 30 cross ties. Start the pull out about 1/2 down the drop and make the bottom of it as long as you can.

Also, looks like the chain is going to have alot of drag on the red rods. it is passing over. That is going to tax your motor and make the chain jerk. You would be better off letting it droop. If you want to support it, put wheels or at least spacers on the rods so it does not create as much friction.

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#10 Bassboost93

Bassboost93

Uhm...Yeah

• 212 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:27 AM

the pull out at the bottom of the drop is WAY to abrupt. It's going to kill your speed, if it were a real ride it would kill people. I'm not one to nit-pick shaping, especially for one of your first builds but this is one of the most important things you have to learn. That is the fastest your train will be goin on the entire circuit and the transitions should be gradual. The track is going from near vertical to up hill in the span of 2 grey rods / 5 crossties. It should be more like 6 - 8 grey rods and 30 cross ties. Start the pull out about 1/2 down the drop and make the bottom of it as long as you can.

Also, looks like the chain is going to have alot of drag on the red rods. it is passing over. That is going to tax your motor and make the chain jerk. You would be better off letting it droop. If you want to support it, put wheels or at least spacers on the rods so it does not create as much friction.

oh thanks for that reaction i will follow these.!

Posted Image

Loop De Loop!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Racers!

#11 Bassboost93

Bassboost93

Uhm...Yeah

• 212 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:34 AM

I just got my new SS set today!:D
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Loop De Loop!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Racers!

#12 Bassboost93

Bassboost93

Uhm...Yeah

• 212 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:34 AM

I finally finish the whole coaster and video! hope u enjoy! Supersonic - YouTube

Edited by Bassboost93, 17 December 2013 - 07:37 AM.

Posted Image

Loop De Loop!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Racers!

#13 Batwing

Batwing

Architect

• 375 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

Nice work! Adding more crossties has really made a noticeable improvement to your shaping, which now looks great. I'm liking your layout too!
The most significant problem I noticed was the shaking...which isn't necessarily your fault! Can you build your next coaster on carpet so there's more friction? If not, remember to connect track supports to the main support body (basically, connect your turn support to the lift :) )...what are you planning on next?

#14 Bassboost93

Bassboost93

Uhm...Yeah

• 212 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:55 PM

Nice work! Adding more crossties has really made a noticeable improvement to your shaping, which now looks great. I'm liking your layout too!
The most significant problem I noticed was the shaking...which isn't necessarily your fault! Can you build your next coaster on carpet so there's more friction? If not, remember to connect track supports to the main support body (basically, connect your turn support to the lift :) )...what are you planning on next?

uhm im not sure but i think im gonna try to make a inverted coaster.

Posted Image

Loop De Loop!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Racers!