Grinder (New update! increased Cammelback!)

bassboost93 grinder hyper knex ssc

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: What should i make after the airtime hill?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What should i make after the airtime hill?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Bassboost93

Bassboost93

Uhm...Yeah

• 212 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:32 PM

Heyah!. Now Outlaw is done i really wanted to make an other type of coaster so i started building a hyper coaster!. Its called: Grinder.This coaster using a tire drive system in the station, Its my first time using tire drive, So that makes me really happy that its works very well. I have some lift problems with this coaster, The problem is that the motor can`t lift the train "good". When the train hits the chain the motors start pulling up the train ( As normally ),But: The lift goes really slow so how can i fix that problem?.I`m going to use a 6 car train. I dont really like the drop at all it has a few bumps in it i think but, It has alot of support so that is very strong. What is that: "Trackback"?

The layout will be something like this.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Bumpy lift.
Posted Image
Posted Image

I think i have too much picture`s.

http://s967.photobucket.com/user/cooljupjup/media/VID_20140502_160056_zpsfd9c98bd.mp4.html

Comment :)

Edited by Bassboost93, 09 June 2014 - 08:26 AM.

Posted Image

Loop De Loop!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Racers!

#2 dgohstand

dgohstand

Construction Foreman

• 198 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:49 PM

The drop is quite bumpy and it has a few straight spots but I'll let the experts help with that. You might want to try adding another motor. It looks like you have 2 now. 3 may work. As for the lift hill, it doesn't matter that its bumpy. Otherwise everything else looks good! I really like your tire drive system. Good luck!

How do you build a coaster?

#3 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:19 PM

Cool Coaster !!!
My advice would be to use two separate white gears for the 12V motors. I usually come across problems if connecting two 12V motors to one white gear.
There are many straight spots on the drop and the pullout is maybe a bit to small (Could you post a side view of the drop)
Good Luck on your Coaster!;)

Posted Image

Coaster Count: 84

Check out My new Eurofighter

1- Colossos 2- Tatsu 3- Formula Rossa 4- Kraken 5- BlueFire 6- Hulk 7- Dragon Challenge 8- X2 9- Scream(SFMM) 10- Krake

#4 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:38 PM

You can solve most of the bumpy spots if you add more x-ties. Also, make sure that your supports aren't forced as much so it makes the shaping not as good. I like the layout planned so I hope this goes well!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#5 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:04 AM

Could we get a complete side view of the crest and drop? Close-ups are hard to work with.

1. I'm not farmiliar with the white motors and their mechanics, but if you have more, go ahead and hook them up. More torque is good, especially when you need a faster lift.

2. I see a huge straight spot in the pullout. First, look at how drops are shaped.

Picture 1

Picture 2

On Millenium Force, the crest and drop have no visible boundary, however, yours has a major sharp spot right after the gears. Don't connect the gears to the track. Instead connect them to the coaster's structure. Then, to smooth a drop, take off all the track to support connections after the gears. Smooth the drop out. Then add the supports to the coaster, following the shaping of a true drop, like Millenium Force's.

I used Millenium Force because it has a very smooth, visible drop that I knew would have lots of good side views.

I also noticed this gigantic straight spot in the pullout.

Red = where the straight spot is

White = The shape the coaster should be

Posted Image

Edited by IonZer0, 03 May 2014 - 08:11 AM.

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#6 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:55 PM

You are going to need more X ties, without them the track will be shaky. Next, just fix the shaping and you should be good :)

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#7 Bassboost93

Bassboost93

Uhm...Yeah

• 212 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:59 PM

Could we get a complete side view of the crest and drop? Close-ups are hard to work with.

1. I'm not farmiliar with the white motors and their mechanics, but if you have more, go ahead and hook them up. More torque is good, especially when you need a faster lift.

2. I see a huge straight spot in the pullout. First, look at how drops are shaped.

Picture 1

Picture 2

On Millenium Force, the crest and drop have no visible boundary, however, yours has a major sharp spot right after the gears. Don't connect the gears to the track. Instead connect them to the coaster's structure. Then, to smooth a drop, take off all the track to support connections after the gears. Smooth the drop out. Then add the supports to the coaster, following the shaping of a true drop, like Millenium Force's.

I used Millenium Force because it has a very smooth, visible drop that I knew would have lots of good side views.

I also noticed this gigantic straight spot in the pullout.

Red = where the straight spot is

White = The shape the coaster should be

I only have 2 white motors but thanks for the tip!. Oh and i think the drop is better now! :)
Posted Image

You can solve most of the bumpy spots if you add more x-ties. Also, make sure that your supports aren't forced as much so it makes the shaping not as good. I like the layout planned so I hope this goes well!

Cool Coaster !!!
My advice would be to use two separate white gears for the 12V motors. I usually come across problems if connecting two 12V motors to one white gear.
There are many straight spots on the drop and the pullout is maybe a bit to small (Could you post a side view of the drop)
Good Luck on your Coaster!;)

Seperating the 2 motors doesn`t really worked for me it even maked it worser. But thanks for the tip!.

The drop is quite bumpy and it has a few straight spots but I'll let the experts help with that. You might want to try adding another motor. It looks like you have 2 now. 3 may work. As for the lift hill, it doesn't matter that its bumpy. Otherwise everything else looks good! I really like your tire drive system. Good luck!

Thank you!

You are going to need more X ties, without them the track will be shaky. Next, just fix the shaping and you should be good :)

Thanks!, I think its better now!.

Whaww!, Its been a while since i posted anything or updated anything!. The reason was: i lost my intresting on knex in the last 2 months but after 2 months i got more and more inspired by watching coasters on SSC and i finally i put the step to build again!. I still got Grinder assembled so thought i`m going to continue working on Grinder. This is what i`ve done today: I re inforced the whole drop and started to make the drop smoother and shaped better, I think it`s still not the best but it is better. And after the drop i maked a hill (that`s normal with hyper`s). And after the hill i started building a Cammelback or however you wanna name it. Oh and i`m using 5 x ties per rod so it`s shaped better.

Sorry for the bad pictures. it was in the evening so its was already dark. And i shoot the pictures with my phone.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And also a test video: 20140608_220832_zps2815a978.mp4 Video by cooljupjup | Photobucket

Posted Image

Loop De Loop!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Racers!

#8 Bassboost93

Bassboost93

Uhm...Yeah

• 212 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:59 PM

Double - post*

Edited by Bassboost93, 08 June 2014 - 04:23 PM.

Posted Image

Loop De Loop!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Racers!

#9 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:10 PM

looks nice but you cpu seems to have double posted...

#10 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:44 PM

It looks really good, but is the turn a going to be a little higher?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#11 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:17 PM

That looks really good!

Posted Image

#12 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:28 PM

Looks great, the drop is better, but the camel back needs a longer transition between the crest and pullout.

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#13 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:15 PM

This is by far your best coaster! Looks great!
Your cars are loud.... O.O

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#14 Bassboost93

Bassboost93

Uhm...Yeah

• 212 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:23 AM

This is by far your best coaster! Looks great!
Your cars are loud.... O.O

Thanks!, And yeah but i lubed it so its less louder. :P

Looks great, the drop is better, but the camel back needs a longer transition between the crest and pullout.

Thanks!

That looks really good!

Thanks you!

It looks really good, but is the turn a going to be a little higher?

Thanks and Yea the turn is higher!

looks nice but you cpu seems to have double posted...

Thanks, and i edited the double post.

Okay i change the camelback thingy a bit and i maked it higher!. And i made a airtime hill wich is really bad because the tophat has some really weird bumps so i need some help with shaping. Oh and the train doesn`t make it through the first hill i don`t know why but it comes really close so if you can help me please help me. In the video i pushed it a bit so it does make it through the first hill.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Test 2: 20140609_150816_zpsa995d357.mp4 Video by cooljupjup | Photobucket

Comment :)

Posted Image

Loop De Loop!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Racers!

#15 Bassboost93

Bassboost93

Uhm...Yeah

• 212 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:24 AM

How can it keep double posting??

Edited by Bassboost93, 09 June 2014 - 09:41 AM.

Posted Image

Loop De Loop!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Racers!

#16 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:27 AM

The air hill and the turn still have some bumpy spots. Also, you may want to add banking to the pull out after the turn. I like the general look of the coaster, good work on the supports.

Posted Image

#17 motomoto123

motomoto123

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:53 AM

You need to sort out the camelback hill it is to bumpy and of you dont then you will lose valuable speed

#18 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:46 AM

What might help with the bumpiness in the crest is layer up more grays or use flexies instead. Looks good though!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#19 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:53 AM

I`m liking this new coaster a lot and your speed as well as your shaping looks good.

K`nex always for life ;)

#20 Bassboost93

Bassboost93

Uhm...Yeah

• 212 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:58 PM

The air hill and the turn still have some bumpy spots. Also, you may want to add banking to the pull out after the turn. I like the general look of the coaster, good work on the supports.

Yea i`m going to fix all of those bumps. and thanks!.

You need to sort out the camelback hill it is to bumpy and of you dont then you will lose valuable speed

What do you really mean with: "sort out"?

What might help with the bumpiness in the crest is layer up more grays or use flexies instead. Looks good though!

I don`t really understand what you mean with: "layer up more grays" and i already using flexie`s on the crest.

I`m liking this new coaster a lot and your speed as well as your shaping looks good.

Thank you!. but i dont really like the shaping of this coaster.

Hey guys!. I`m started a poll about what i will do after the airtime hill. The poll is open for 4 days!.

Edited by Bassboost93, 09 June 2014 - 01:02 PM.

Posted Image

Loop De Loop!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Racers!