321's Art Thread

art david drawing thread

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_321_*

Guest_321_*

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:00 PM

After seeing how people seemed to like my art in the Longest Thread, I've decided to start my own art thread. I plan to have updates every few days on drawings I'm working on. Here's one that I'm currently working on for a friend. <----By the way @pen_artist (which you'll see in some of the photos) is my username for my art account on Instagram. So if you have a chance check me out at: Instagram ---->
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tell me what you guys think!(:

#2 CowmanBearPig

CowmanBearPig

In The begining....

• 533 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:36 PM

This looks lovely. Do you use charcoal or just normal pencils?

Edited by CowmanBearPig, 28 July 2014 - 08:32 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current Project

Launched Coaster

#3 Guest_321_*

Guest_321_*

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:20 PM

This's looks lovely. Do you use charcoal or just normal pencils?

Thank you! I used charcoal for the darker skin and some of the darker spots of hair. I used graphite for the lighter skin and some of the tshirt. And for the letters I used copic markers and prismacolor pencils. I prefer to use pencils over charcoal.

#4 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:43 PM

I'm not going to lie. When I saw your first two drawings in the Longest Thread, I thought you just applied some photoshop filters to some pictures. But after seeing this, there's no doubt that you possess a great skill. Bravo, sir.

#5 Guest_321_*

Guest_321_*

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:00 PM

I'm not going to lie. When I saw your first two drawings in the Longest Thread, I thought you just applied some photoshop filters to some pictures. But after seeing this, there's no doubt that you possess a great skill. Bravo, sir.

Thank you man, it means a lot!

BTW Ill have a new update on this in about a day or two! (May not be this drawing, but It'll be some of my art).

#6 Guest_321_*

Guest_321_*

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:47 PM

Sorry for the double post but here's some more pictures of the progress I've made on Marilyn Monroe. I should have her finished either today or tomorrow! I might also start selling some prints/copies of my artwork if anyone is interested...
Well here are the pictures!

I like this B&W effect I did, it really brings out the tone in the drawing i think.
Posted Image

The colored version of what I've got done so far
Posted Image

And here's a little side project I'm working on
Posted Image

Tell me what you guys think and if your interested in buying! ATM my price will be between $10 - $25 dollars for a print depending on if it's B&W or if there's a limited amount of one drawing, etc. Thanks!

#7 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:10 PM

Wow. This is amazing talent you have here! I think you should find a way to display these in a show or something. Talk about extreme detail.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#8 CowmanBearPig

CowmanBearPig

In The begining....

• 533 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:25 PM

Where did you learn to draw? Marlyn Monroe is looks lovely. In the detailed zen tangle like thing, are the pens drawn, or are they just in the picture?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current Project

Launched Coaster

#9 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:15 PM

This is some absolutely incredible work!!! SSC's art god...

#10 Guest_321_*

Guest_321_*

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:26 PM

Wow. This is amazing talent you have here! I think you should find a way to display these in a show or something. Talk about extreme detail.

Thank you man! And maybe I will if I can find one.

Where did you learn to draw? Marlyn Monroe is looks lovely. In the detailed zen tangle like thing, are the pens drawn, or are they just in the picture?

I kinda just taught my self. I've been drawing seriously for about a year now so that helps and no those are real pens haha. They're called Microns.

This is some absolutely incredible work!!! SSC's art god...

Thank you a lot man! Haha maybe...

Been close to a week since I've last updated this thread so heres what I've done so far:

1). I finished the Marilyn Monroe drawing. (I've had it done for about 5 days now.)
Posted Image

2). I started working on a portrait for a friend of mine who knows this little girl whose birthday is coming up later this month. This is what I've gotten done of the girl so far. (Haha hope that wasn't confusing or anything..)
Posted Image

3). I also decided to work on this old portrait of mine by fixing up the background and some shading on it. Sorry about the crappy lighting...
Posted Image

4). And finally here's another piece I'm currently working on. Btw the thing you see in the bottom right corner of the first pic (covering up some of the drawing -_-), is my special kneaded eraser. Its a life saver
Posted Image

Posted Image

Sorry for all the talking I did in this update but I just had a lot to say. Thanks for the support everybody!

#11 Guest_321_*

Guest_321_*

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:05 PM

Long time no see guys! Last few months have been crazy: got wisdom teeth pulled ;/ ,did track and football and also got my first "job". Considering I haven't updated this thread in 8-9 months I thought I would show you guys some of my bigger projects I finished these last few months. I hope to get a lot more drawing done this summer and hopefully be more active on here as well(: BTW: @pen_artist is my art account on Instagram.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Random sketchhh//
Posted Image
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Another somewhat random sketch//
Posted Image
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A portrait I did for a friend of mine//
Posted Image
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Another portrait I did for a different friend//
Posted Image
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And my most recent project I am working on//
Posted Image
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
EDIT: Sorry for the super small pictures

#12 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:04 AM

Wow. I've been looking down this thread and you have some serious talent there. I can draw things but I certainly can't draw people and I never will be as good as you are right now.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#13 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:48 AM

Wow awesome job dude, can u build another coaster sometime please.

#14 Guest_321_*

Guest_321_*

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:52 PM

Wow. I've been looking down this thread and you have some serious talent there. I can draw things but I certainly can't draw people and I never will be as good as you are right now.

Thank you so much man it means a lot!!

Wow awesome job dude, can u build another coaster sometime please.

I hopefully can get some time this summer to build. I've been swamped with track and football and now the dreaded ACT Prep :/

#15 Guest_321_*

Guest_321_*

Posted 26 March 2016 - 10:38 PM

It has been a solid 10 months since I last put an entry into this thread. Just thought I would show you guys how I have improved since May of 2015 (my most recent post) and give, for thoughs interested, a quick briefing on my personal life. Well since school ended in May of 2015 I  found my self drawing a lot more and I even created my own story! Some of the photos below are of some of those characters and since I plan to keep this briefing short, I will explain the story line in more detail if people ask. I did track training for most of the summer and in August I got my license. Junior year started on me and it involved its typical school struggles. I decided not to do football (a decision I am perfectly fine with) and decided to blindly pursue another girl who obviously wasn't interested. Needless to say, It didn't work out. That late summer/ fall period I fell into almost a "depression" of sorts. After winter break and entering into the new year I regained my identity and began to get into my stride again. I had pondered for a year if I felt like doing track or not and decided to go through with it. It has been a tough season and I've had to make a lot of sacrifices, but I can say truly that I have found myself again. 

Here are some of bigger accomplishments over the past ten months:

June-August:

This is the main character in my story.

BA6BAB27-FBBD-4E6E-93EF-E50C9703B975_3.j

September-November:

3BBE60BD-C8AE-41C2-A40F-531542C67070.png

8B15113C-8650-49C9-9EF4-1DA5929751FF.png

0B9F6BF3-8AAD-46CF-A23C-ADCFA4E0DF6E.png

1689CD75-8B3A-4D6D-9887-BE1CA550CF5D.png

December- February:

08BB8B00-7DF2-4BFC-9ADE-55D97324BA05.png

A3729FE3-6570-491F-9C30-5645968FAD85.png

B857FC73-FFDC-44EF-AEBF-E99BE890EEA7.png

8EE96AA2-8D9A-4CB7-B721-A2DDEBA0AA5F.png

B94E6DC6-8B45-4BF3-8E9C-4C239BAD6C06.png

March- Current Day:

CEB00B9E-73BE-4EB3-B889-4F18A07C780A.png

100F8CE4-A66E-46C9-A1FC-65CAC4033FFD.png

7EEA530F-BD94-4ED9-8027-1FAA55B9CDC6.jpg

56DCECA0-22AF-478F-8577-9AB253538548.png

Sorry for the spam, but hope you enjoyed the update and a Happy(early) Easter!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: art, david, drawing, thread