amusement park micro woodie

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:25 AM

The ejector hill looks much improved! You've nailed the crest and its inconsistency.

I think the MCBR is a little soon, and the catwalk is too high. I'd lower the catwalk by replacing the two way ladder connectors with gray one ways.

Formally RK500

#22 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:35 PM

Although it may be a little soon, I quite like the catwalk area. The catwalks are a little high, so I would consider lowering them. All in all I am really exited by what I see!

Signature not available 

#23 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:20 PM

I think you should push them back. They are too soon. On what wooden roller coasters are the MCBR after one drop? Some don;'t even have them. Push it back a drop or two and it'll look better. I think that spot will look better and much nicer without one. But that's just my 2 cents.

[SIGPIC]

Signature (Current)

[/SIGPIC]

“Reality continues to ruin my life.” ― Bill Watterson

#24 wyomingman

wyomingman

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 01:03 AM

The ejector hill looks much improved! You've nailed the crest and its inconsistency.

I think the MCBR is a little soon, and the catwalk is too high. I'd lower the catwalk by replacing the two way ladder connectors with gray one ways.

I removed the brakes and lowered the catwalk. Thanks!

Although it may be a little soon, I quite like the catwalk area. The catwalks are a little high, so I would consider lowering them. All in all I am really exited by what I see!

Thanks a bunch!! And yes I lowered the catwalk.

I think you should push them back. They are too soon. On what wooden roller coasters are the MCBR after one drop? Some don;'t even have them. Push it back a drop or two and it'll look better. I think that spot will look better and much nicer without one. But that's just my 2 cents.

I got rid of the brake run and all that remains is the catwalk. Thanks for the tips :)

UPDATE:

Sorry I haven't made an update in a while, I've been extremely busy with school and sports...

so I removed the brakes and lowered the catwalk, and I've created the second drop into a turn and a small hill.
I've also added a six car train... :)
tell me what you think!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks! :)
wyomingman

Edited by wyomingman, 10 November 2014 - 01:05 AM.

My Youtube Channel (Noah Smith) : http://www.youtube.c...GBYi6NL0c0pRnlA

Follow me on Instagram @smittyknex

#25 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:52 AM

This is one really nice woodie! The only thing I would change would be the train as I think its a little bit long - I would stick with four or five cars. Part from that finish it! :D

#26 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:49 PM

It goes pretty fast around that turn, the speed reminds me of CD. If you want to keep the catwalk, that's fine, it's your ride, not mine. Although I would make it out of micro, as each side is bigger than the actual track.

[SIGPIC]

Signature (Current)

[/SIGPIC]

“Reality continues to ruin my life.” ― Bill Watterson

#27 Batwing

Batwing

Architect

• 375 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 04:29 PM

Nice work! The support-track colour combination looks wonderful - liking the speed throughout too! Really shows that woodies aren't exclusively for SS...
My only concern would be the sharpness of that final hill crest- extending it by just one blue rod should do the trick. Having said that, the airtime would be pretty insane...if that's what you're intending....;)
I'd also second the comment on the trains - find your best cars and make a shorter, maybe 4-car train? Speed efficiency is not necessarily correlated with more cars!
If you're opting for realism, think of each car as consisting of two rows!

Can't wait to see what's next! :)

#28 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:13 AM

I love this coaster so far, it's looking very solid. My only concern is that the turn kills a lot of speed, but it's fine the way it is. I love this woodie! :D
Edit: To be honest, I really like the long train. Not many micro coasters, let alone woodies, have long trains. If you can get it to work with that long train, it would be incredibly realistic, kind of like El Toro's train. I love it.

Edited by Connector1o1, 11 November 2014 - 11:36 PM.

Signature not available 

#29 wyomingman

wyomingman

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:57 PM

It is now complete!!
Here is where it is located on SSC:

Velociraptor - SSCoasters Rides Database

Edited by wyomingman, 17 January 2015 - 07:04 PM.

#30 wyomingman

wyomingman

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:02 PM

It is now complete!!
Here is where it is located:

Velociraptor - SSCoasters Rides Database

Edited by wyomingman, 17 January 2015 - 07:05 PM.

#31 wyomingman

wyomingman

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:03 PM

It goes pretty fast around that turn, the speed reminds me of CD. If you want to keep the catwalk, that's fine, it's your ride, not mine. Although I would make it out of micro, as each side is bigger than the actual track.

Thanks! Yes well my entire structure is standard so I decided to make it standard.

Nice work! The support-track colour combination looks wonderful - liking the speed throughout too! Really shows that woodies aren't exclusively for SS...
My only concern would be the sharpness of that final hill crest- extending it by just one blue rod should do the trick. Having said that, the airtime would be pretty insane...if that's what you're intending....;)
I'd also second the comment on the trains - find your best cars and make a shorter, maybe 4-car train? Speed efficiency is not necessarily correlated with more cars!
If you're opting for realism, think of each car as consisting of two rows!

Can't wait to see what's next! :)

Thanks for you suggestions! For my cars I wanted to make it long because I think it looks pretty cool, but I dunno... :)

I love this coaster so far, it's looking very solid. My only concern is that the turn kills a lot of speed, but it's fine the way it is. I love this woodie! :D
Edit: To be honest, I really like the long train. Not many micro coasters, let alone woodies, have long trains. If you can get it to work with that long train, it would be incredibly realistic, kind of like El Toro's train. I love it.

Thank you very much!! Yes the turn does kill speed, but I couldn't find a decent alternative.... :(
The reason why I added the long train is because I like the way it looks.

This is one really nice woodie! The only thing I would change would be the train as I think its a little bit long - I would stick with four or five cars. Part from that finish it! :D

Thanks! It is now finished!

#32 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:48 PM

That looks amazing, I really like the section after the MCBR. Great job!

#33 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 02:24 AM

Wow this is sexy. This really sets the bar for micro woodies!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.