20 inversion bizarrofan369 sw2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:05 PM

hey guys i have no idea where i should post this so i will just post it here (staff feel free to move this to a more appropriate spot if there is one)

so a couple of months ago i got to be on Tell Me Why for those of you who don't know what that is let me explain

Tell Me Why is a web show where kids (under 18) go on the show and talk about what they like but there is a catch there is an expert there too so what happens is you talk about why you like this subject, how you got into said subject, and then you ask the expert 2 to 4 questions and he (or she) answers them.

and now back to me being on the show i was 13 at the time (I turned 14 in nov 2014) so the fact that I got to be on the show was pretty cool and the expert was going to be someone from coaster101.com the expert was John Stevenson the owner of coaster101.com he said (in behind the scenes) that Nick Weisenberger was going to be the expert but couldn't he in the author of: Coasters 101: An Engineer's Guide to Roller Coaster Design. A book that i have so i believe i have talked enough ill give you guys the link to watch the interview.

HuffPost Live

feel free to leave a comment!

#2 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:20 PM

That is pretty cool, how were you chosen to go on the show?
It is interesting to see a "normal" person's reaction to the stuff we do (Such as the basic coaster in the video there). My dad once filmed me explaining Nos to my neighbor because he though it was so amazing, I was just saying the basics. And congrats for getting on the show!

#3 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:24 PM

^you pretty much just send an email to someone and they chose the most interesting topic and they give details for a google hangout

#4 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:10 PM

That was really neat! Thanks for sharing.

On a side note, I use RCT to design layouts all the time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 20 inversion, bizarrofan369, sw2