136 replies to this topic

#1 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:36 PM

...But the question is: how big?
Posted Image

I'll leave this blurry, zoomed in shot with randomly placed gear and funny crest as a teaser. I dare say the crest will be tweaked a reasonable amount.

Don't expect quick updates on this. The University work is already piling up this semester and I kinda want this recreation to be half-decent you know.

Edited by CW5X, 13 August 2015 - 03:44 AM.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#2 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:48 PM

Recreation eh. Looks like some sort of b&m hyper.

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#3 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:01 PM

Woah, it is big. I really like the lack of supports on the lift hill. I just hope that you can bring Chainsaw's quality to this big of a scale.

#4 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:05 PM

Duood dat iz lik so smal mi firrzt coazteer wuz lik 400 feeaet tal man.

#5 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:50 PM

Psssh, i culd bild dis in lyk 420 sekonz #so.tiny #no.skyll #420yolosweg

For real though, looks incredible, and my guess is Fury 325...

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#6 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:09 PM

Das knot tha ownlee thinga dats b ;)

I think its going to be a nice B&M hyper with a CW5X twist to it. I'm surprised you did not use gray rods for flexies and I've always found it interesting looking at the track to support connections for every person is so different when you build.

Anyways, I will change what I said and say that it will be a recreation because you've got a funky looking lift hill spine angle.

Edited by Mister Piglette, 24 January 2015 - 10:27 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#7 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:40 AM

I bet it will be a Fury 325 recreaction !

Posted Image

Coaster Count: 84

Check out My new Eurofighter

1- Colossos 2- Tatsu 3- Formula Rossa 4- Kraken 5- BlueFire 6- Hulk 7- Dragon Challenge 8- X2 9- Scream(SFMM) 10- Krake

#8 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:34 AM

Recreation eh. Looks like some sort of b&m hyper.

It is.

Woah, it is big. I really like the lack of supports on the lift hill. I just hope that you can bring Chainsaw's quality to this big of a scale.

Thanks. I hope I can too. I'm going to take it nice and slowly.

Duood dat iz lik so smal mi firrzt coazteer wuz lik 400 feeaet tal man.

i no write youz coastez iz jus so mutch tall al da tim.

Passé, i culd bild dis in lyk 420 sekonz #so.tiny #no.skyll #420yolosweg

For real though, looks incredible, and my guess is Fury 325...

420 sekonz? That would be a challenge. And you are correct. Thanks.

Das knot tha ownlee thinga dats b ;)

I think its going to be a nice B&M hyper with a CW5X twist to it. I'm surprised you did not use gray rods for flexies and I've always found it interesting looking at the track to support connections for every person is so different when you build.

Anyways, I will change what I said and say that it will be a recreation because you've got a funky looking lift hill spine angle.

Yeah I'm not usually the most orthodox of builders but I don't take that as a bad thing. And I prefer using the flexies because my coasters are usually too tight for greys. This time though it's more down to piece count but I'd still probably use the greens anyway. Thanks.

I bet it will be a Fury 325 recreaction !

Correct. ;)

Here's your answer. It's this big...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see, I fiddled with the crest and the whole first drop to be honest. I had pictures from before but these ones are definitely an improvement. Maybe the drop is a couple of degrees too steep but it's as close as I've had it and comparing with the real thing, it's not that far off in my opinion. Feel free to leave your thoughts below.

:D

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

Tyndrum

#9 Batwing

Batwing

Architect

• 375 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:56 AM

You weren't wrong - that certainly is big ;) So big in fact, I suppose you'll be taking it outside. We'll see if it survives the good ol' Scottish weather.
It's looking good so far - the drop looks spot on, but you might just need to raise the bottom of that pullout a touch, to prevent a straight spot forming (penultimate photo).

The question is, do you have enough K'nex?

#10 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:06 PM

All I can say is I hope you can finish it.

#11 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:02 PM

I'll second what Graham said. If you can finish this, I will be so impressed. I'm wondering, if you're going to build sections, and then put it outside to test instead of leaving it all outaide. TThat is one steep of a drop for a hyper, never realized it was that much.

When I was talking about the TTS connections, I was just saying how everyone has their own style for it, just as much as their own coaster style. :)

There do seem to be a few few straight sopts, but they are not really noticeable. Looks good!

I really like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#12 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:09 PM

I too am curious where you will put this thing. Looking good so far.

Posted Image

#13 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:45 PM

Wow.... I'm really looking forward to this! Maybe I should even come see it for real ;)

#14 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:16 PM

If you can pull this off, I would be very impressed. I took a Fury 325 recreation into consideration a while ago, but I decided to go custom (Titan). I would have built it with tubes, so my major concern was that the train would loose too much speed. However, I see that you will do this recreation with boxes, which will save you a lot of pieces and speed. A recreation of Fury 325 with boxes is tough, but certainly not impossible. Do you think you will have the pieces for this?

Posted Image

#15 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:25 PM

Wasn't cartracer going to attempt this?
Looks great anyway :P

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#16 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:38 PM

^ i was but at a much smaller scale this is just massive hope you can complete this

#17 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:26 PM

Very nice. I have two suggestions, however. One would be to add gray rods to the drop. The train will put an obscene amount of force, and over time the green flexies will become warped and bent (even if supported correctly). Another would be to beef up the top attachment for the lateral support, not only would it look better, but it would add more structural integrity.

I was considering doing this as well, yet didnt as I didnt want to fail and cancel. I hope you can show me that this is possible!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#18 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:40 PM

You weren't wrong - that certainly is big ;) So big in fact, I suppose you'll be taking it outside. We'll see if it survives the good ol' Scottish weather.
It's looking good so far - the drop looks spot on, but you might just need to raise the bottom of that pullout a touch, to prevent a straight spot forming (penultimate photo).

The question is, do you have enough K'nex?

Well, I reckon it'll have to be summer for when it goes outside so hopefully, like the last two summers, good weather will appear. *rains for next 6 months. Also, regarding the pullout, it maybe subject to change but B&M pullouts, especially in this one, are a bit weird and almost bowl shaped so I'm just experimenting to see how it comes out. It's early days yet. Thanks.

All I can say is I hope you can finish it.

I sure hope so too. Thanks.

I'll second what Graham said. If you can finish this, I will be so impressed. I'm wondering, if you're going to build sections, and then put it outside to test instead of leaving it all outaide. TThat is one steep of a drop for a hyper, never realized it was that much.

When I was talking about the TTS connections, I was just saying how everyone has their own style for it, just as much as their own coaster style. :)

There do seem to be a few few straight sopts, but they are not really noticeable. Looks good!

I really like this.

I didn't take the TTS in a bad way, mainly because you are right. Also, I will be adding a few more when I get some other track on. It's just that the track isn't at full strength yet a should hopefully smoothen out. If not then I'll keep playing about with it.

I too am curious where you will put this thing. Looking good so far.

If I had a room big enough to fit it, I would put it there but outside it'll have to be. Thanks.

Wow.... I'm really looking forward to this! Maybe I should even come see it for real ;)

Come over anytime you like. It'll likely be finished late June. So long...

If you can pull this off, I would be very impressed. I took a Fury 325 recreation into consideration a while ago, but I decided to go custom (Titan). I would have built it with tubes, so my major concern was that the train would loose too much speed. However, I see that you will do this recreation with boxes, which will save you a lot of pieces and speed. A recreation of Fury 325 with boxes is tough, but certainly not impossible. Do you think you will have the pieces for this?

I thought you would have knowing you ;) and I certainly wouldn't have enough to build this with tubes, as awesome as it would be. The speed thing I'm definitely thinking about but I was amazed to find out that the first turnaround only needs to be around 5 feet tall and the second one after the high speed corners only around 4 feet. I know the high speed corners are going to be speed killing monsters of death (as you seemed to find out) but that's just over 4 feet of height loss to play with. I believe it's certainly doable in my mind.

Wasn't cartracer going to attempt this?
Looks great anyway :P

^ i was but at a much smaller scale this is just massive hope you can complete this

You can still try it on a smaller scale if you want too. Getting someone else's take on the same ride is always interesting.

Very nice. I have two suggestions, however. One would be to add gray rods to the drop. The train will put an obscene amount of force, and over time the green flexies will become warped and bent (even if supported correctly). Another would be to beef up the top attachment for the lateral support, not only would it look better, but it would add more structural integrity.

I was considering doing this as well, yet didnt as I didnt want to fail and cancel. I hope you can show me that this is possible!

I'm becoming more inclined to agree with you about the first drop and certainly the lateral support. It's definitely on a large enough scale for it to not have much of a bending effect on them. It should be fairly easy to make the changes without causing sharp spots in the flexi/grey transitions. I may leave it just now and change them later when I know what pieces I have. No part is really going to be fully finished until the end with the way I'm building this. And yes, I hope it's possible too.

Right. To address a few other major questions that I knew were going to come up early on as per usual with most projects this size (unless you're Gump, Max or Helmer etc. for obvious reasons), I have a few plans to help me complete his as well as I possibly can.
Perhaps the biggest one is pieces so I'll start with that. I did a few drawings of what I was going to do and from them, I was able to get a reasonable estimate of how many important pieces I was going to use (granites, greens/reds, long greys) and so far, it seems to be pretty close to what I drew with a few execeptions but I can deal with them later. I'm spreading pieces out as you may have seen: replacing granites with 2 short greys and a ladder, 3d connectors with half moons and stuff like that. This will certainly help me get a long way through. If push comes to shove and I can't possibly complete it, then I'll be utilising the space from the two new storage drawers I have and the fact that I'll be so far through to convince my mum to allow me to get a few more. She's been surprisingly lenient about the whole thing recently and it kinda scares me... Not that I'm complaining of course. I'll need a few more cross-ties definitely anyway. I nearly ran out with Megahertz and I don't believe I've acquired any more since.
The next one is space and where this is going. I'm going to build it in big pieces like this but obviously this lift and drop won't got out of my door in its current state. So I'm going to break it into manageable chunks and put parts of it together in larger chunks in the garage which my mum has opened up for me when the weather is warmer (hence why this will be finished heading into summer). From there I'll be able to get it in the garden. Anything as long as it doesn't have to travel through the house as part of some kind of pilgramige.
I think I've cleared everything up there. I'm just as excited to see what I can make of this in the end.

Tyndrum

#19 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:06 PM

Good luck don't use a booster please dude you can do it only if u learn how to conserve your speed and height right :)

#20 WickedC99

WickedC99

Put your hands UP!

• 220 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:44 PM

Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Founder of Heidrich Construction, LLC.

43931.png

Wicked Cyclone Fireball Goliath Fury 325 Zephyrantes
©2016 Heidrich Construction, LLC.