• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Infinity

Infinity

Umm

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:04 PM

I posted a thread a few moths ago, but it died very quickly. I've since disassembled the coaster as it faced massive speed loss issues. :( (thumbsdown)

Anyway, I've been building something over the past few weeks and I'm wondering if you guys could give me some feedback, and also some ideas for a layout (this is my first custom coaster and I'm VERY limited for space, so I need to keep it pretty short and simple).

Hopefully you enjoy the beautiful 2 megapixel camera quality of the iPhone 3GS =/ :P I edited the images on Photoshop to try and make them more aesthetically pleasing...

IMG_05761_zpsww4iewd4.jpg

IMG_05781_zpsqwthwu9c.jpg

IMG_05791_zpsnlosofkt.jpg

IMG_05781_zpsqwthwu9c.jpg

Personally, I like how the station looks. I'm thinking of a simple lift and a few drops/hills.

Feel free to comment and post your view :D

Edited by Infinity, 15 November 2015 - 08:45 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#2 W5WAC0sTerS

W5WAC0sTerS

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:19 PM

This looks pretty sweet! I think this should be a nice little coaster. :D

#3 GravitySnake

GravitySnake

Construction Worker

• 124 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:42 PM

Maybe a junior dive machine?

#4 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:23 PM

I would also suggest a dive machine, they provide a simple layout but still have a variety of elements. Maybe something like Sheikra, with a drop into an immelemann to a turn into an MCBR, then a simple ending with maybe one or two elements.

#5 Infinity

Infinity

Umm

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:33 PM

This looks pretty sweet! I think this should be a nice little coaster. :D

Thanks :D I can't guarantee that it will be any good, but I'm going to try my best!

Maybe a junior dive machine?

I would also suggest a dive machine, they provide a simple layout but still have a variety of elements. Maybe something like Sheikra, with a drop into an immelemann to a turn into an MCBR, then a simple ending with maybe one or two elements.

I had totally forgotten about dive machines. I'm going to have an attempt at this idea, but I've never thought about building a dive coaster before :? Thanks for the idea guys!

Thanks for the feedback, guys! Since yesterday, I've built the lift hill. You'll also notice that I've attached a chain guide (possibly made a mess of) to the bottom of the lift hill; I needed to do this, otherwise the car wouldn't latch onto the chain on the curve because it's such a tight curve.

Enjoy the beautiful 2 megapixel camera!

Posted Image
Yes, when I said that I was limited for space I wasn't lying. I'm limited by height and in surface area...

Posted Image
The top of the lift.

Posted Image
The bottom of the lift. This is where the chain guide is. There's a slip of card along the third central rail which lifts up the chain, allowing the cars to catch on. I'd like your opinion on the very DIY - reminiscent flat slabs (the ones that are stuck onto the rails). I think that it will function without them, but they look tacky. Should I keep them in, or should I remove them? The next picture has a better angle.

Posted Image
The way the light hits the card shows how tacky they look. The lift looks a bit odd without them, but they're REALLY tacky :? I'm not good with decisions.

I'm still unsure whether this is a good idea to continue with considering that this is my first ever project >_<

Please feel free to comment with your opinions and/or views!

EDIT: I have removed the flap things because I really didn't like the way that they looked.

Edited by Infinity, 27 August 2015 - 05:09 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 Infinity

Infinity

Umm

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 08:49 AM

I have nothing much to say about this. Everything apart from the station has been rebuilt.

When the rails are on it, the trains seem to pick up a lot of speed and the track has got almost no movement at all.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Attached File  IMG_08641.JPG   199.1KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_08631.JPG   172.27KB   0 downloads

Attached Files

Edited by Infinity, 15 November 2015 - 08:51 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#7 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:48 AM

Looks awesome so far! Can't wait to see them connected :D.

• Infinity likes this

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#8 TheCodeMaster

TheCodeMaster

Resident Nolimits 2 Expert

• 761 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 05:58 PM

Looking good, make sure the turn at the top of the lift is 135 degrees, rather than 180 though.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[18-07, 09:16] SCM: I only see 14 inversions. There's supposed to be 14 inversions.

STEEL VENOM - DRAGON - JAWHARP - ARMAGEDDON - ICE - CEREBUS - DIABLO - STEEL VENOM - THE REVENGE - CLIFFHANGER - FALCON - SMILER - ALTON TOWERS

Construction zone:

None

#9 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 07:16 PM

This looks very smooth even without the tubing so that bodes very well for the future. I think you're doing a pretty good job of this so far. Are you going to make custom dive machine seats or are you leaving that for another day? Totally cool either way.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#10 Infinity

Infinity

Umm

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:56 AM

Thanks for the feedback, guys :D

I think that I'm going to leave the cars as the regular SS Coaster cars, CW5X.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]