airstrike knex ssc supersonic tomisdabomb02

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:29 PM

So... the coaster you've all been waiting for. Haha... Probably not.

I don't really know what to say other than this is my coaster that I intend on going around my room. Hoping to add some interlocking loops and maybe some other crazy elements... Just to have some fun with it :D

These first two photos are of the progression of the coaster, the first image being taken on 11/15 and the second 11/16.

IMG_45921_zpsu9aflpts.jpg

IMG_45951_zpsoxgn5rjb.jpg

These next four are how the coaster looks now. The 45* decent is going to be a dip that rises on the other side over the other window.

IMG_46181_zpsatgmopvo.jpg

IMG_46191_zpscof7plcy.jpg

IMG_46201_zpsbno5jlag.jpg

IMG_46211_zpswfehnuwd.jpg

I also tried a crazy color combo on the lift supports and ended up liking it a lot. So I kept it. 

So I think that's it. I'll have plenty of time to build now because I just submitted my last college app on the 15th. WOO (eek)

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#2 Inswerver

Inswerver

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:06 PM

Wow looks great! Can't complain much, but I'm sure someone will about how the drop shouldn't be so strait.

I shall deal with this Jedi slime, Myself!

#3 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 03:31 AM

I think this is one of these K'nex coasters where shaping doesn't matter that much.

It is more about the concept and the fun (and I like the concept ;) )

Great to hear you have a lot of time to build!

Posted Image
Click > Spirit Bomb/Blue Fire!/Double O/Kirnu < Click
SSC award 2014: Best SlimTrack Coaster
Eruption
Posted Image

#4 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 10:11 AM

Wow, that lift is tall! Everything looks very fun to build. Why are you keeping the Gwazi station up?

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#5 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:35 PM

Looks cool so far!! Four cars per train seems good, maybe two trains running too?

#6 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster

Forever never ends.

• 134 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 04:12 PM

That is huge, can't wait !

#7 KKid99

KKid99

Ejector Airtime Lover

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:18 AM

It looks amazing so far! I love how you just decided to throw shaping an realisticness to the wayside to just focus on a fun layout. Besides, I've always wanted to do this in my room; except, my room is too small haha. :P

"Less pieces = more fun . . ." (H)

- KKid99

#8 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 08:36 PM

Wow looks great! Can't complain much, but I'm sure someone will about how the drop shouldn't be so strait.

Thanks, and I can't be bothered by the straight drop.

I think this is one of these K'nex coasters where shaping doesn't matter that much.

It is more about the concept and the fun (and I like the concept ;) )

Great to hear you have a lot of time to build!

I am having a lot of fun building this, indeed. And my building time will now go back down due to finals next week, but after that I'm free!

Wow, that lift is tall! Everything looks very fun to build. Why are you keeping the Gwazi station up?

Yes, the lift is very tall, so is the second one... And you can see why I kept the station in this update.

Looks cool so far!! Four cars per train seems good, maybe two trains running too?

3 actually, and thanks.

That is huge, can't wait !

I'm excited too!

It looks amazing so far! I love how you just decided to throw shaping an realisticness to the wayside to just focus on a fun layout. Besides, I've always wanted to do this in my room; except, my room is too small haha. :P

Yep, after the building hell that was Gwazi, I just wanted to have some fun :P. And sometimes a smaller room is easier, especially if you have less pieces.

Alright, time to stop being lazy and actually update. Although it may seem I haven't been building, i actually have, just been too lazy to update my progress.

Let's get into it!

A lot has occurred over the past month...

I finished the dip over my bed:

IMG_46531_zpsqw7qm5nt.jpg

IMG_46561_zpsipg8h4xj.jpg

I actually got so far that I almost made it around my room.

IMG_46551_zpsi8qun8r5.jpg

IMG_46541_zpscf469j71.jpg

I finished the lift hill gearbox (I also added the 4th motor)

IMG_46901_zps11ureuml.jpg

Fast forward a lot... Insert Gwazi's station and a new lift hill. This new lift hill also supports the 45 degree lift as well as housing the on/off button for the entire coaster:

IMG_46911_zps2uzwymmo.jpg

IMG_46981_zpsntpkwf4f.jpg

Pre-lift for the 45 degree lift hill:

IMG_46991_zpsfszrkqzn.jpg

The on/off switch, which is placed at a convenient height.

IMG_47011_zpsjai9ibme.jpg

An semi-overview of the vertical lift and the track after it:

IMG_46951_zpstzfllsoj.jpg

A view of the track after the vertical lift:

IMG_47001_zpsaw68htm5.jpg

This is what it looks like entering my room:

IMG_47031_zpshnpvhw35.jpg

So I think that's about it. 

As far as the large gray rod structure goes, I am going to do a spaghetti bowl type bit in there with some inversions and stuff.. Both tracks will make there way there and intertwine with each other. 

I have the 45 degree lift working with 4 12 volt motors, and I will most likely power the vertical lift with my drill...

Thanks for viewing, comment if you so please. (eek)

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

#9 KKid99

KKid99

Ejector Airtime Lover

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 10:57 AM

I love how elegant and clean cut everything looks. I also love how you have a second lift-hill. It looks awesome!

"Less pieces = more fun . . ." (H)

- KKid99

#10 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 11:47 AM

This is really cool, I like the style of this! Makes me want to start building again haha.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi

#11 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:18 AM

This is interesting to say the least :P I'm really liking this so far, and can't wait to see where you go with it next :)

#12 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:15 PM

This is an imobius strip coaster?!? Well then. I love how everything looks and how it goes around your room.

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#13 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:58 PM

I would so totally do that but my mother would go nuts, nice coaster m8 :P

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#14 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 07:45 PM

This coaster is amazing! Makes me want to do that to my room! I have a convenient shelf/ledge going around my room. That would be very helpful if it wasn't insanely cluttered!

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#15 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 08:50 PM

Interesting, I like the gear box but it needs a tension gear!! Put a catwalk on the first lift too please.

#16 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 08:34 AM

Laying on your bed and watching the coaster run must be awesome, haha! 

Posted Image

#17 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 09:20 AM

I was seriously considering doing this at one point. I wish I had because this is really cool.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#18 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 06:37 PM

I love how elegant and clean cut everything looks. I also love how you have a second lift-hill. It looks awesome!

Thanks, and everything will be much more clean after I'm done. Hopefully I can get the second lift working!

This is really cool, I like the style of this! Makes me want to start building again haha.

Yeah... It's like a ball machine coaster.

This is interesting to say the least :P I'm really liking this so far, and can't wait to see where you go with it next :)

It's been quite boring so far, with just straight sections, but now it is more interesting.

This is an imobius strip coaster?!? Well then. I love how everything looks and how it goes around your room.

There will just be once circuit with two lifts if that's what you're saying. I like it too :)

I would so totally do that but my mother would go nuts, nice coaster m8 :P

My parents don't mind, my room is still entirely functional even with the coaster.

This coaster is amazing! Makes me want to do that to my room! I have a convenient shelf/ledge going around my room. That would be very helpful if it wasn't insanely cluttered!

Even if you don't have surfaces to build on then it will still work. And my room is messy, just had to clear spots for the supports :P

Interesting, I like the gear box but it needs a tension gear!! Put a catwalk on the first lift too please.

No and no. It doesn't need a tension gear and im too lazy to build a catwalk.

Laying on your bed and watching the coaster run must be awesome, haha! 

I can't wait to do that when it's done!

I was seriously considering doing this at one point. I wish I had because this is really cool.

You still should, I'm having a lot of fun!

-----

Update on what's happening so far. 

I've finished the spaghetti track through the cube for one track. I am absolutely thrilled with how it turned out.

IMG_47201_zpsla9dmeph.jpg

IMG_47211_zpsogll89ey.jpg

IMG_47221_zpsd9ntfmhd.jpg

IMG_47241_zpsgxxbbsos.jpg

This was very challenging to build, so I can imagine building the other track in here will only be that much more fun.

#19 WSWAoasters

WSWAoasters

• 198 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 08:50 PM

This is so creative! I am sooo excited to see what else you have in store for this coaster!

#20 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 12:42 PM

That changes the look of the coaster a lot!

Before this it was quite straight forward an clean, now it has a part with a twist (I like twists :P ).

Maybe make sure to add these around the room and nog just in that one part. It might distract attention off the whole coaster.

Don't know though, do as it pleases you :)

Looks great, I want to do something like this with a ball machine, just plain track

Posted Image
Click > Spirit Bomb/Blue Fire!/Double O/Kirnu < Click
SSC award 2014: Best SlimTrack Coaster
Eruption
Posted Image