Colossus Recreation At Thorpe Park (CANCELLED)

colossus knex park thorpe

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 TheCodeMaster

TheCodeMaster

Resident Nolimits 2 Expert

• 761 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:44 AM

Hi and this is my first picture of colossus! :)Posted Image
here are 2 more!!!

Lift
Posted Image
The First Bank
Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[18-07, 09:16] SCM: I only see 14 inversions. There's supposed to be 14 inversions.

STEEL VENOM - DRAGON - JAWHARP - ARMAGEDDON - ICE - CEREBUS - DIABLO - STEEL VENOM - THE REVENGE - CLIFFHANGER - FALCON - SMILER - ALTON TOWERS

Construction zone:

None

#2 Thmz!

Thmz!

Rockercoaster

• 69 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:49 AM

Bump at the end, just before the 2 last crossties. Also Layer your flexis because now you can't punt crossties where the orange/black connectors are...

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.

90% of all teens would cry if Myspace or Facebook were destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would sit and laugh put this in your signature

#3 TheCodeMaster

TheCodeMaster

• 761 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:07 AM

ok thx
thms

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[18-07, 09:16] SCM: I only see 14 inversions. There's supposed to be 14 inversions.

STEEL VENOM - DRAGON - JAWHARP - ARMAGEDDON - ICE - CEREBUS - DIABLO - STEEL VENOM - THE REVENGE - CLIFFHANGER - FALCON - SMILER - ALTON TOWERS

Construction zone:

None

#4 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:02 PM

10 inversions is a lot... Especially for that height. You gonna use boosters?

#5 TheCodeMaster

TheCodeMaster

• 761 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:04 PM

yeah. I have used a booster for The Loop.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Construction zone:

None

#6 Pyro

Pyro

mike and his mommy

• 2140 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:32 PM

The loop will be the easiest part, You will need a booster too make it over that cobra roll after the small hill. So you wont need one for the loop, I promise.

#7 BubbleMan 32714

BubbleMan 32714

V Cube Solver

• 717 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:00 PM

Good luck with this ride. I my self miss my home park. cant wait to c how far you get on it. once again good luck. but i wold go with pyro about the booster after the loop.

#8 TheCodeMaster

TheCodeMaster

• 761 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 02:28 AM

Massive update :):):):):):):):):)
Loop and bunny hop
Posted Image
Whole ride
Posted Image
station
Posted Image
loop top
Posted Image
air hill with train
Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Construction zone:

None

#9 VVBuilder

VVBuilder

Formerly Loop De Loop

• 155 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:01 AM

You need to smooth all the track. Fix the loop, it is know wear near correct, that "bunny hill" has no supports and will kill your speed. If im correct not even GUMP could do this so really, please do somthing smaller. I don't doubt that you can do it with 50 booster but no one will like it.

I don't mean to sound harsh but please, build somthing else so one day you may have the skills to build this.

-VVBuilder

Posted Image

#10 IncubatedLlamas

IncubatedLlamas

Llama King

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:20 AM

^ I agree. That un-supported bunny hill will absolutely kill you're speed. Start smaller, and work you're way up.

-IL:king

#11 Thmz!

Thmz!

Rockercoaster

• 69 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:48 AM

You're doing something wrong... Why you use a Booster immidiatly after the drop? It MUST have enough speed to get trough the loop.

Did you lube your cars? Did you maybe weight them?
Also make the drop/loop/hill smooth.

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.

90% of all teens would cry if Myspace or Facebook were destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would sit and laugh put this in your signature

#12 TheCodeMaster

TheCodeMaster

• 761 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:59 AM

OK thmz! :):(:):(:):(:):(:):(

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Construction zone:

None

#13 TheCodeMaster

TheCodeMaster

• 761 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:12 PM

I am very very sorry but due to the lack of parts I will half to cancel colossus

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Construction zone:

None

#14 JohnMillerFan96

JohnMillerFan96

A.K.A: RCT3Dude96

• 144 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:08 PM

Oh, well. But I had a feeling you'd cave soon. Start way smaller and you'll get much better!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SGW Account: Here
YouTube Account: Here

#15 TheCodeMaster

TheCodeMaster

• 761 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:07 AM

Now I am building the vampire at chessington

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Construction zone:

None

#16 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:48 AM

If im correct not even GUMP could do this so really, please do somthing smaller.

Ha, what? Building Colossus..? You never know.

Now I am building the vampire at chessington

Isn't that the suspended Arrow coaster? Good luck with that. It was a pretty good coaster, although it heavily depends on the terrain surrounding it.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#17 TheCodeMaster

TheCodeMaster

• 761 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 02:26 AM

yesterday I rode it 7 times

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Construction zone:

None

#18 VVBuilder

VVBuilder

Formerly Loop De Loop

• 155 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:15 PM

Ha, what? Building Colossus..? You never know.

Isn't that the suspended Arrow coaster? Good luck with that. It was a pretty good coaster, although it heavily depends on the terrain surrounding it.

This is occuard, but I ment to say could'nt because I recall you cancelled it. Please don't bann me....:)

EDIT: Nemissis thats the one... OPPS...

Posted Image

#19 TheCodeMaster

TheCodeMaster

• 761 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:52 AM

never mind Now I am building a coaster called......
FIREBALL

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Construction zone:

None