• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 kne

kne

go cartoon and scream!!!

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 01:30 PM

I am starting a new knex coaster called outcast. it will be the same style as mcm's annihilation. it will feature a small lift and then a launch. although the height is short, it will be biggest in track length than any coaster i've built yet. i am haku25432 on utube.http://s991.photobucket.com/albums/af33/knexcoastersrule1234/knex%20coaster%20construction%20photos/?action=view¤t=knexmodboostersdone.jpg&newest=1

#2 kne

kne

go cartoon and scream!!!

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 01:31 PM

where is the pic i inserted? don't ban me i put in a pic i really did!

#3 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

Construction Foreman

• 211 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:27 PM

they will not ban you if you insert a wrong pic, even not if you totally diddn't. here is the picture. you posted a link to photobucket, but you have to take ''direct link'' left-down the page of an image.
Posted Image

Posted Image
[TheSUCKCrew] 4:23 pm: bored isn't an emotion, it's a reaction on Saturday Night Live

#4 kne

kne

go cartoon and scream!!!

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:48 PM

^sorry i'm still a little confused.

Anyway, grandma gonna see the coaster that is up now in a little while. then i am going to take that down.

here is the layout so far:

it will drop off the lift same as mcm's annhililation(did i spell that right?) it will do a vertical loop into a low-to-the-ground overbanked turn to the left at 120 degrees. it will go through a corkscrew turn around perpendicular with the lift, do a straight flat track under the lift into the boosters into a cobra roll. i also want to have another corkscrew interlocking w/ the one that is already there. the coaster will use a drill lift and will be started most likely in the next hour or so. if any of you are wondering, it will be using normal supports, unlike annihilation(somebody give me the correct spelling PLEASE)

that's it for now, back soon!

#5 kne

kne

go cartoon and scream!!!

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:01 PM

UPDATE: drop is done, i hope i post this pic right...Posted Image k if it doesn't work give me a thorough descr. of how to put it in, and i will. there are NO sharp spots, if there are it is the camera. it is good quality but the angle was sightly off. it does NOT need more support, i am only using a three car train and it does not shake. i build really fast, so check in every few hrs. if you want to follow this easily.

#6 Clipboys

Clipboys

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:34 PM

looks good but you should layer you flexis so yo can have more x ties

****[qwertyuiop] 3:10 pm: rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
[dylan] 3:11 pm: nice balls
[dylan] 3:11 pm: JK
****[qwertyuiop] 3:11 pm: sssssssssssssssssssss
****[qwertyuiop] 3:11 pm: that's a lot of screamin' serpents
[dylan] 3:11 pm: yeah i have five
****[qwertyuiop] 3:12 pm: what?
****[qwertyuiop] 3:12 pm: I have only two
[dylan] 3:12 pm: ss

#7 BBaller347

BBaller347

Mile Record - 4:31

• 973 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:42 PM

Looks great! Just layer your flexis, it will help you in the long run.

Also, you might want to think of a more original username...

#8 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

Construction Foreman

• 211 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:20 AM

the lift starts the pull-in earlyer than the track.

edit: I see some things in the background. have you bult finished coasters before? if so, can you show them.

Posted Image
[TheSUCKCrew] 4:23 pm: bored isn't an emotion, it's a reaction on Saturday Night Live

#9 kne

kne

go cartoon and scream!!!

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:19 PM

UPDATE: to answer ^'s question, i am haku25432 on youtube, i have built over 15 models and about 4 or 5 are on youtube. i know my username sucks, just wanted a quick membership to the site. loop is done, i can't believe how well the shape turned out. what do you mean by "layering" the flexi rods? the most shaking it does is at the bottom of the drop, the track sags a mm or two, and that's it. remember, i am using only a three car train. it flies through the loop. the first video update will be maybe later today or tomorrow. it will be when the launch is complete, like i said: i build fast. so check in every few hours or so if you do not want to miss anything.Posted Image

#10 kne

kne

go cartoon and scream!!!

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:21 PM

oops double post, but for those who are wondering, i don't triple tube until i am done with the trackwork.

#11 kne

kne

go cartoon and scream!!!

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:48 PM

UPDATE: triple post, really people i need feedback! no pics, i haven't worked on it yet, i will later and i am almost certain that there will be another update tonight. i have changed the layout due to the speed it clears the loop, it will do an immelman after the loop into that low-to-the-ground curve which will now be 90 degrees (does anyone know if there is a degree symbol on the basic keyboard?) it will do the corkscrew and curve parallel with the lift into the launch. it will go through the cobra roll and into a stengel dive turn and will have another large corkscrew interlocking with the first one. what do you all think?

#12 mynci321

mynci321

100%

• 664 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:15 PM

Um, don't triple post within one hour. I just got home from school, so be patient. By layering the flexis, they mean that you shouldn't use the orange connectors in between them, leave flexis unconnected. Also put a flexi rod in the middle connection-place. This will allow you to have even X ties all along the track. There are a few bumps in the loop, usually where you used the orange connectors. Fix those and you should be good.

#13 BBaller347

BBaller347

• 973 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:52 PM

This is layering flexis (courtesy of Coaster55)-

Posted Image

Also put a flexi in the center connection spot on the x-tie. Layering flexis is sturdier than using ladder connectors and eliminates bumps.

Your loop is too circular and a tiny bit lopsided. Shape it like this-

Posted Image

#14 kne

kne

go cartoon and scream!!!

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 05:53 PM

thanks for your help guys, but i do not need to layer, i've gotten very good at making smooth trackwork with ladder ties, depending on what shape i want i can turn them and create nice fluid shapes. i will fix the loop and work more now. someone please say if they think the layout is good. i need feedback!

#15 kne

kne

go cartoon and scream!!!

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:55 PM

UPDATE: double post. geez you guys usaually have plenty of comments by now. i made the loop thinner but not by much, it does look better now though. i will use layering on coasters in the future most likely to elp with smoothness and such, this will be my last coaster using ladder connectors on the bottom of the track. i also finished the immelman, and the supports don't look like they are that strong but again, unweighted 3-car train and plenty of x-ties makes it strong enough to just sag slightly. it is small, but the cars make it through everything so far in under 3 seconds. it is really fast and the layout i have so far will most likely be kept my camera battery is charging right now and i will edit in the pic in a few minutes. i need feedback!

EDIT: here's the pic:
Posted Image

#16 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 12:07 PM

I'd advice to make the loop like BBaller said. From you'r imelmann is not much to say about because we haven't got a direct side vieuw or close up ;)

#17 kne

kne

go cartoon and scream!!!

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 01:38 PM

MINI-UPDATE: turn is done, no pics until i have the corkscrew finished, next update will include a lot more pics of seperate parts and will probably be updated after i finish the launch. i know the loop is wide, but it is thinner and i'm keeping it that way for now, if i feel like it at the end i will most likely fix it. also color scheme: red rails with purple tt until the launch and then purple ralis with red tt. you guys like it? i need feedback!

#18 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 04:01 PM

You need to take down and rebuild the loop and immelmann, they're simply too small. The loop should be 1 to 2 granites higher than it is now, and the immelmann should be about the height the loop is now. To get enough speed to do that however, you need to lube the axles of your cars with silicone spray, if you haven't already.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#19 BBaller347

BBaller347

• 973 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 04:07 PM

The loop doesn't look any different. Also you are losing speed very, very fast. Just two elements and your already down to less than half the height of the lift. You should lube and weight your train.

In your post above, what does "red rails with purple tt" mean?

#20 kne

kne

go cartoon and scream!!!

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:35 PM

MAJOR UPDATE: this is most likely all i'll build for today, i finished the small curve, the corkscrew, the turn into the launch, and the launch. everything works at great speed and i will post a video later tonight. her are some pics

The immelman:Posted Image

here is the mini curve and the corkscrew:Posted Image

and the launch:Posted Image

i know the corkscer is strangely shaped, it looks alot like deazncy's corkscrew. that is all for now.

EDIT: for bballer, like i said it shoots through everything at an incredible amount of speed., so actually i haven't lost much.